7. Greetings
88 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Why?'

 

'Just why?'

 

'Why you always try so hard, to stop things like this?'

 

'You know that you'll probably be the one who will be the most hurt.'

 

'If, if you just had layed low for a bit... you could have your peace again.'

 

'So why, just why you always try so hard... Charles?' - I thought in a wonder, looking at the back of the man who stopped me, I didn't feel anger I just felt extremely frustrated.

 

'You know well that you're not strong enough to protect yourself...'

 

 As I wandered far in my thoughts, Charles looked in my direction for a few seconds, in his face there was cold and stoic expression, as if all of his previous emotions were nothing more than an act. I doubted my eyes, as I had never seen Charles looking so emotionless, but soon enough his expression changed, plastered in his face there was a heinous smile.

 

'What the?' - I was extremely bewildered.

 

"Why?" - I muttered in a low tone.

 

'Why Charles?, why are you using the same expression of 'that time''

 

'You want to show how much you hate me, again...?'

 

'All behind a cold facade, just like at that time.'

'As always trying to help others, even if they don't know, never achieving any benefits.'

 

'I never could say thank you for that time, nor I have the right to...'

 

'Good people like you never live long enough, because of bastards like me.'

 

'All I can do is follow your plan'

 

 Thinking of that I showed an evil smile to Charles, trying to reassure him, then looking at my smile his cold facade dissapered for a bit, but soon enough he was with same cold expression. At that moment professor Louis called me.

 

"Lorkan what you're doing, let's go."

 

"Okay professor." - And as I tried to look at Charles again, he had already started walking in a slow pace.

 

'If, if I could I wanted to walk in the path of light with you'

 

'I wanted to be your friend...' - with a headache my darkest memories came back to me.

 

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

❏'Get out of here your trash!'❏ - Said my father with a cold look in his face.

❏'A half blooded bastard like you, just bring shame to our family'❏ - Said my half brother, as he punched me.

❏'Why I gave birth to you?'❏ - Asked me my mother

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

 

'Haha'

 

'I have to stop thinking like this.' - I shaked my head to forget these horrible memories.

 

'Sorry Charles'

 

'Probably one day I will be punished by the things I did.'

 

'And the things I will do from now on.'

 

'But.'

 

'I can't stop now...' - And without looking back again I walked.

 

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

Charles POV

 

'Damn!' - With a shiver in my spine I started thinking.

 

'What a creepy guy, smiling all gently at the enemy, is he a masochist?'

 

'I hope I never have to deal with him again.'

 

'Anyways I have to stop thinking about that crazy guy.' - With a shake of my head, I started focusing on the faces looking at me on my front.

 

"Reinard, Arylan"

 

""Yes?""

 

"We have to take care of Arylan wounds, so let's go to the infirmary"

 

""Yes!"" - The two answered almost in a sync.

 

 When Reinard started to lead the way, I started to think about Arylan background that in read in the novel, his nam- I mean her, her name is Arylan Wenstwallen former heir of a foreign duchy, but after her parents were murdered, she could only flee to the Nixur kingdom with her most trusted butler. Her parents were killed when she was only eleven...

 

'Wait...'

 

'Now that I have time to think, the original Charles parents suffered an 'accident' when he was ten years old'

 

'This damn author... he must have really loved creating a bunch of orphan characters, didn't he?'

 

'Was he planning creating an Orphan Makers association? Haha!'

 

"Are you okay, young master?" - Reinard asked worried, as I had suddenly stopped walking.

 

"Yes, don't worry." - After a silent nod, I continued walking

 

 Anyways on the journey till this kingdom she learned the ways of swordsmanship, with her old butler. To discover the identity of the killers of her parents, and avenge them, she perceived that the easiest way to do that was becoming a royal knight. Gathering the trust of the kingdom nobles and discovering clues about that incident, it could be maybe  an interesting plot twist, but nope.

 

 What was always so annoying to me and my other fellow readers was, why the f*ck the original author added this part to the backstory? If he would never let we know about this? Till the end we readers never knew the truth about this incident. Damn I get angry just thinking about this, he must have thought 'who cares about the readers?', Damn you author!

 

'This really ticks me off, why did he always leave a lot of unfinished backstories?'

 

'Even the final of the novel was an open ending...'

 

'I ended even dying because of it, with an open ending on my life too.'

 

'That's pretty sad..'

 

'Haha!'

 

'Nah~ I have to stop thinking about this shit.'

 

 If remember well, currently Arylan is already sixteen, but even so she is yet on the second year of the royal academy like me. Thinking on that, the system of the Nixur royal academy is pretty strange, all of the kingdom nobles are obligatorily forced to enter here at the age of twelve, and they must stay here till they are 3rd year students and are sixteen years old which they are considered adults.

 

 Yet the academy has classes till people are eighteen, and are 5th year students, while butlers knights are pretty much finished at that time, most of the nobles stay here, normally they are forced to stay by their parents, making things like connections and whatnot.

 

 Well I think that's pretty much her story? she has dead parents and have to dress like boy, because of our kingdom laws, yeah this don't looks like the best life I've ever seen but well... There's nothing I can do.

 

"Cough, Cough" - I let out a few fake and then, I started talking, completely breaking the silence.

 

"So... Arylan"

 

"Y-Yes?"

 

"I want to ask some questions."

"is that okay?"

 

"Yes, of course!" - Arylan answered with a smile.

 

"So, first of all." - I stopped walking and said to Arylan.

"We never talked properly, so i'll introduce myself first."

 

"My name is Charles Croxus, Baron of Venius, it's a pleasure to meet you." - With a smile, I greeted her with a hand on my heart, and a short nod of my head.

'I think I did this right?' - I thought looking at Arylan.

 

"Thank you for your kind words." - Said Arylan, after she had thanked Reinard for the help, she quickly started to tidy her clothes and then...

 

"My name is Arylan, a training knight, pleased to make your acquaintance my lord." - Bowing her body she greeted me, following the knight etiquette.

3