8. Reason
74 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, first of all." - I stopped walking and said to Arylan.

"We never talked properly, so i'll introduce myself first."

 

"My name is Charles Croxus, Baron of Venius, it's a pleasure to meet you." - With a smile, I greeted her with a hand on my heart, and a short nod of my head.

'I think I did this right?' - I thought looking at Arylan.

 

"Thank you for your kind words." - Said Arylan, after she had thanked Reinard for the help, she quickly started to tidy her clothes and then...

"My name is Arylan, a training knight, pleased to make your acquaintance my lord." - Bowing her body she greeted me, following the knight etiquette.


 

"Haha." - I chuckled a bit and said.

"We both know that this kind of greeting is unnecessary here."

 

"Hmm..." - Arylan nodded her head, but she had an uneasy face

"I guess you are right." - She didn't see to agree, yet reluctantly she did.

 

'Well, I guess I can't blame her for not agreeing.' - I thought thinking on the story of the academy.

 

 Now that i'm living on this world, I can see that this academy, principally it's principal is really full of useless mindsets... It all started almost ten years ago, out of nothing the principal of this academy, Albus, that was known as a rather reclusive person, normally didn't come to the annual geral noble meeting, but at that  year he came and suddenly brought up a academy matter, his words were something like:

 

'"From now on, all of the people that study in the Winstur royal academy must be treated equally."'

'"And all of the students who treat someone badly because their social standing, will be toughly punished."'

 

 Apparently at that time, the nobles who had sons and daughters in the academy, complained a lot about the sudden changes but then... Then the director showed them a scroll, a scroll that had a blue wax seal, the seal that was plastered in there was one that just royalty could use. This golden piece of paper was something that forced all of the present people to completely shut their mouths.

 

'"I have a royal decree directly from his great majesty, Yulios Opheig Lanbelt." - With a steady voice Albus started reading.

'"And so from this day, the tenth day of january of 1005, according to the Issbal calendar."'

'"All of nobles starting from twelve till they are sixteen, are obligatorily enrolled in the academy. And with the order of our royal majesty..."'

 

'"Wait! this is a matter that must be dis-"' - The noble who wanted to discuss the matter, didn't have a chance to finish his words.

 

'"That's not all, with the order of our royal majesty."'

'"In the schools grounds all of the professors have a standing equally as an duke, which they are permitted to punish anyone who breach our rules."'

'"Any nobles who dare to break these rules, will be considered traitors."

'"According to our majesty words, he will personally meet you in the field of battle."'

 

 As at that time the war that lasted more than ten years just had ended, the king had a lot of power in his hands, and as most nobles present there were tired of war they didn't do much of an objection.

 And so after that, with the crown backing Albus made a perfect academy, where all of the students were full of life, friendship and lov... Hehe, obviously not, because in the end, this wasn't a good idea, even on the paper. Did he really think that the commoners would try to go against the nobles, when the academy just offered protection when they were inside there?

 Even if nothing happens to them, what about their families?? If even a noble wouldn't normally try to do something towards one higher ranked to them, how could normal people do this?

 

'And the king accepted this suggestion? is this old man getting senile???' - That's what i thought sincerely, but I couldn't think more deeply as Arylan started talking.

 

"So, what you wanted to know?" - She asked, looking curious.

 

"Well, let's talk while we go." 

 

"Okay." 

 

 Fastly after I asked this, Reinard asked if Arylan needed help again, but as she refused, thanking him for the help. We briefly after started to walk, we walked through the path made of white rocks, towards the infirmary.

 

"So..."

"Well I will be blunt."

"My first question is."

"What exactly did you do?"

 

"H-huh?"

"What you're talking about??"- Arylan obviously didn't seeem to understand my question.

 

"Ah." - But soon after I said that, I perceived my error, after all I had asked a pretty ambiguous question.

"Cough, Cough"

"I will reformulate my question."

"How in earth did you offend Lorkan so much?"

 

"I... I"

 

"Don't worry, Even if you don't want to talk about it's oka-" - But before I could reassure her...

 

"N-No! t-that's not it." - she quickly started talking.

"I-It is, I-It is..."

 

"It is?"

 

"It is that I have no idea of why!" - Arylan said raising her voice a bit.

 

"Hmm?"

"So what you were doing when Lorkan found you?"

 

"Well, to say the truth before today I never had talked with him." - Arylan recalled

"So earlier today was the first time."

"All of this started in the morning, when one of our classmates was talking with me..."

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

 

Not much after I got out of the dormitory to do my morning training, a classmate called me loudly in a cheerful tone.

 

❏"Ary~lan!"❏

 

❏"Hmm?"❏

❏"Oh! it's you Cecil."❏ - When I looked at my back, I saw a person running in my direction, it was one of my only friends Cecil.

 

❏"Good morning Ary!"❏

❏"Going to do some morning training?"❏

 

❏"Yes, that's the plan."❏

 

❏"You are always so diligent!"❏

❏"You got me all excited. So... Can I go train with you!?"❏

 

❏"..."❏ - I was totally out of words.

❏"You know that you can, But..."❏

❏"Hey, Cecil"❏

 

❏"What?"❏ - Cecil asked confused.

 

❏"Why you bother asking, if you are going to follow me anyway?"❏ - I thought looking at my troublesome yet good friend.

 

❏"Haha!"❏

 

Cecil only let out a small laugh as we went to the scholl training grounds, but roughly only ten minutes after we had started, some people, specifically three of them, interrupted us.

 

❏"Hey, Arylan!"❏ - Called me a man with a tidy dark brown hair, his blue eyes were indifferent as his face, he had an apathetic yet sad expression.

❏"I need to talk with you."❏

 

❏"Hmm?"❏

❏"Sorry but..."❏

❏"Do I know you?"❏ - I asked truthfully confused.

 

❏"What!"❏ - One of the two men, the short one, shouted at me.

❏"Are you mocking L-"❏ - Yet before he could finish the leader stopped him.

 

❏"Be quiet Russel."❏ - Coldly he said

 

❏"B-But-"❏ - The man named Russel tried to say something, but it was to no avail, with just one glance the leader, made him  shut up.

 

❏"Sorry by the interruption, so what I was saying was."❏

❏"I need to talk about something with you later."❏

❏"is that okay?"❏ - He said with a friendly tone but his eyes looked threatening.

▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

 

"Cecil said it was better if I didn't come, because they looked like a creepy bunch."

"But as they looked like noblemans I couldn't possibly say no."

"Then when I reached to talk him, the only thing he said was 'You shouldn't have done that'"

"As for the rest of the story both of you know already." - Arylan said quietly

""Hmm..."" - Both Reinard and I just nodded our heads.

 

'But then why the hell Lorkan did this?' - I wasn't convinced even a bit about his intentions.

'He just wanted to beat someone? I don't think so.'

'By my memories he don't seem to be a guy that petty...'

'Wait!'

 

"Arylan, your friend... Perhaps is a woman?"

'Please tell me that i'm wrong!'

 

"Oh... Yes, her name is Cecilianna, why?" - Arylan asked with a confused expression.

 

"For nothing, I was just curious..."

"Anyways, thanks for answering my question." - I said with a smile on my face, but on the insides I was a mess.

 

'Damn! Damn! Son of a b*tch! I think Lorkan was beating someone for a woman!

'If this is true, I don't have doubts that this was one Edward orders...'

'F*cking lunatic! What a piece trash he sends people to beat others just because of a woman that probably don't know him?'

'I already knew he was garbage, but what the actual f*ck?'

 

"It's nothing, I'm the one that have to than- Ah! we're here" - Arylan said as she perceived we had reached out destination

 

"Oh..."

It was all I could see looking at a beautiful black door, which had white patterns engraved within it. On top of it there was various letters that looked foreign to me, yet I could read them all easily. What was written there was: /-Royal Academy Infirmary-\

 

"You two, wait here a bit."

"Okay." - Arylan said, and Reinard just nodded his head.

 

I approached slowly to the door, this door was unknown to me, but to the Original Charles it was a common place, I just knocked the door a few times and said a bit loudly.

 

"Demetrios! Demetrios!" - After my few shouts the door began to open, as the door fully opened a man appeared there.

 

"Haah~ who is it..." A man that looked like he just woke up was there. With his messy black hair, tired eyes and a shaggy beard on his chin.

"Aw! It's you Charles."

 

 That's right, he knew me well. His name was Demetrios, a physician, and one of Charles few friends...

 

'But, maaan! What a surprise. I was already thinking that every extra would have brown hair!'

3