9. Weak
52 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haah~ who is it..." A man that looked like he just woke up was there. With his messy black hair, tired eyes and a shaggy beard on his chin.

"Aw! It's you Charles."

 

That's right, he knew me well. His name was Demetrios, a physician, and one of Charles few friends...

'But, maaan! What a surprise. I was already thinking that every extra would have brown hair!'


 

"Hey Trios..."

"Long time no see man!" - I called Demetrios with a smile.

 

"..."

"Long time no see...?" - The man seemed to a bit confused.

 

"Yes?" - I asked him.

 

"Long time no see my ass!"

"Man... you came here yesterday, you know?"

 

"Haha!"

"Well... Anways! Were you sleeping at job again?"

"At this rate you're going to be fired in no time man..."

 

"Hah~" - He sighed and then...

"You are really a pain to deal everyday, you know?." - Shaking his head he said as if I really troubled him.

 

"Haha!"

"Now, jokes aside, Trios." - As I talked I became a bit more serious.

"Weren't you always complaining that there's nothing to do here?"

 

"Yes...?"

 

"Well congratulations!"

"Now you do not have only one patient, but two!" - I said showing the recently made cut in my neck, and the badly beaten Arylan.

 

"Wha.."

"What happened man?"

 

"..." - I stayed silent as I wondered if I would have to tell him the entire story, right now.

 

"Wait, could it be..." - My worries came to be nothing as Demetrios deduced things out.

"You entered in a fight?"

"No, that isn't a thing you would do, right...?" - He said with some confidence, but even so he had some visible doubts on his face.

 

"..."

"Haha!" - As I didn't know what to say to him, I just kept laughing.

 

"Seriously man?"

"What the-"

"Hah~" - Demetrios sighed as he shook his head.

 

'Huh, it seems he just stopped trying to think deeply about it.'

'Ah, well it's easier if he just ask me later anyways.'

 

"Haah~"

"You three, come inside first."

"I have to take a good look at your wounds."

 

 Demetrios asked us to come inside the room, and so we did...

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬

 

 As we entered the Royal Academy Infirmary, if it could be called like that as it was just an medium sized room. And while certainly the room was beautiful with it's whithish blue color, and it's gorgeous flower patterns scattered on the walls, it didn't look a room that was prepared that much to have royal on it's name, from what I could see, there weren't many things in the room itself.

 On my right side there were three beds, respectively those three were covered with blankets of dark color, and separated with cloth repartitions. As obviously it maybe, those beds were there for medical use. On my left there was a sturdy looking wooden carved desk, on top of it, scattered, there were some yellowish papers, that probably were work related. On front of it there were two chairs, were visitors who weren't pacients used.

 On the corner of the room, next to the desk, there was a small wooden cabinet, on top of  it was an small silver candle holder, which had a not lit candle on it. More onto my front, there was a glass window. And finally besides that there were various marvelous types of bluish plants, that were scattered across the room. But that was it, there weren't anyone here besides Demetrios who was the only one who worked here, and would probably be the only for a long time...

 

'The infirmary is beautiful, but I wouldn't call it really fitting for an royal academy, it's prob-' - I Couldn't finish my thoughts as Demetrios started talking.

 

"You three can sit there on any of those beds." - Demetrios said pointing to them.

"Ah!" - He exclaimed as if he remembered something.

"On any of but the left one, that is mine."

 

"Oh no! what I'm seeing here..."

"Trios~ A rank 1 spellcaster, is so lazy... What a sad truth to the world~" - I said dramatically.

 

"Charles..." - Deme- Trios called me in a low voice.

 

"My dear god, if people knew this~"

"How many dreams would be broken~" - I continued with the same tone.

 

"Charles!" - Trios seemed to be a bit pissed with this.

"Again wit- Haah~"

"I'm going to get some things to patch you up." - He shaked his head and sighed, as if he had given up trying.

 

"Hehe." - I chuckled as I went towards the rightmost bed.

'This guy seems to be pretty fun to tease.'

'It's no wonder even the original 'Serious Charles', came here to tease him.' - I could clearly see how much I was acting out of character looking at the stange expression Reinard had on his face.

'Barely he knew that Charles always came here.'

 

 But this certainly was strange, by my memories, the original Charles trusted Reinard a lot, yet for some reason I can't seem to remember. After both Reinard father and his own parents died, he never really tried to delve deeper on this so called 'friendship'. Charles always was gentle and caring, yet he never tried to really talk to anyone besides Demetrios and a few individuals.

 

'I wonder why he would do that, this sounds really, really fishy...'

'Should I trust this guy?' - I thought looking at the gray haired young man that was standing on my bedside.

 

"Do you need something, young master?" - Reinard asked as he tilted his head, it seemed I kept looking at him for too long.

 

"No." - I shaked my head and asked.

"Don't you want to sit?"

 

"Haha, don't worry young master!"

"A reliable butler is always prepared to everything." - Seeing to be a reliable person, Reinard said with a confident face.

 

"Oh..."

 

'At least this guy doesn't seem to be a dangerous person, or something like that.'

'But you never can be too sure.'

'It's better if take a look on this problem when I have time.' - I stopped thinking deeply about it as I started talking.

 

"Trioos~"

"Trioos~" - I called repeatedely Demetrios, who was crouched getting things from the wooden cabinet.

 

"...?" - Demetrios heard my calling, yet he continued to pack medical apparels in a suitcase.

 

"Trioos~"

 

"Haah~ What is it man?"

"Can't you wait a bit, I'm getting things to patch you up." - He seemed slightly annoyed as he said that.

 

"Trioos~s"

 

"Okay, okay, I'm hearing you."

"You don't need to keep calling me man."

"But, you really can be annoying as hell when you want, huh." - Demetrios complained as he came into my direction, holding the suitcase.

 

"Haha!"

"Sorry man, but anyways, by the way you're talking, it seems you are planning to take care of me first."

 

"Yes? What's the problem?" - He asked confused.

 

"C'mon Trios."

"It's just a little cut, soon it will be cured anways."

"It will be better if you help Ary-" - I couldn't finish my words as I was interrupted.

 

"Hah!" - Demetrios scoffed loudly.

"I thought you would lie about this again..."

"Yet I never thought you would do it looking at my face!"

 

"What...?" - I asked really confused, as he really had an truthfully angry expression on his face.

 

"You know Charles, I'm a physician..."

 

"Yeah, this is a infirmary after all, it wouldn't make sense if you wasn't one." - I answered him without much thought.

 

"And while I don't want to brag, I am a first rate one." - He said with a confident face.

 

"Hmm... So what?"

 

"Tch!" - Demetrios clicked his tongue loudly.

"Even if you didn't tell me, I know well your body is becoming too weak."

"Right now, you can't even receive mana safely."

 

"Wha-" - I tried to say something, but it was useless.

 

"You know very well that, right now, your body can't handle well any type of wound or disease." - He said angrily as his black eyes glowed in a shade of gold.

 

"..."

 

For a few moments I had a bewildered expression on my face, but soon I regained my calmness and just stayed silent thinking. I really seemed to be calm, I'm sure that's what someone would think looking at my face.

'What the hell!?'

'F*ck! I already knew I was cursed but what the actual f*ck!?'

'Keeping complaning won't help but, damn! What I did to deserve this!?' - My thoughts were in dissaray, the complete opposite of my calm expression.

 

I simply don't know what to do now... This a test for me? Is the 'great T' mocking me right now?? Now this world is basically expecting that I go to to a battlefield, not a normal battlefield, but one probably filled with overpowered demons, real demons, without a chance to even cure myself? It already wasn't good that this world had an extremely nerfed type of healing magic...

Now, are you telling me that even my own body is getting worse? I will have to bear a lot of pain, without magic, me? The one who hates pain? What a joke. Probably I can't even receive buffs from other people... When I read I hadn't the complete original memories, I didn't think too much on it, Heh! What will it will be next?

 

'I will discover that I have a bastard son at this age?'

'Maybe it will be that, actually, 'Charles' was an scoundrel?'

'See in the next episode of my shitty life!'

3