10. Are you okay?
56 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now are you telling me that even my own body is getting worse? I will have to bear a lot of pain, without magic, me? The one who hates pain? What a joke. Probably I can't even receive buffs from other people... When I read I hadn't the complete original memories, I didn't think too much on it, Heh! What it will be next?

 

'I will discover that I have a bastard son at this age?'

'Maybe it will be that in the truth 'Charles' was an scoundrel?'

'See in the next episode of my shitty life!'


 

'Heh! What a mess...'

'It's better if stop thinking too much on this shit right now.'

"Hah! Haha!" - I laughed loudly looking at the expression on Trios face.

 

"Wh-" - Before he could even start I interrupted him.

 

"Hah~ You sure know how to tell bad jokes, Trios~"

"Look, Reinard and Arylan believed in you man."

 

"Oh..." - Demetrios said as he probably realized his mistake.

 

"Even I almost believed in you~" - I said in a joking tone, yet my eyes underneath the glasses were sharp.

'Demetrios is probably talking the truth, but if Reinard and Arylan discover it right now, this will only gather useless worry and guilt.'

 

"Haha!" - Demetrios chuckled a bit.

"Sorry for this guys, in my head it was a better joke." - He said looking at the two.

 

"..." - Reinard stayed quiet, but if looks could kill, Demetrios probably would be dead now.

 

"Huuh~ I'm relieved it was a joke" - Arylan said with a relieved yet distrustful expression.

 

"Haha, sorry for my bad joke guys... Anyways, let's talk about another things!"

"I think we never talked with each other."

"My name is Demetrios, nothing but a simple physician. It's a pleasure to meet you" - He said with a smile, waving his hand to the two.

 

'Nice one Trios~'

'It seems I took too long to say something. At least with this, maybe they will forget what Trios said.'

'Maybe...' - I thought looking at the distrustful epression on both of their faces.

'Aw, well, this doesn't matter, they can't force me to tell the truth anyways.'

 

"Hello, the pleasure is mine." - Arylan smiled politely, as she said these words.

"My name is Arylan, a training knight. It's nice to meet y-Aw!"

She tried to get up, probably to do a proper knightly etiquette, like she did earlier. But now that she had time to sit in a fluffy bed, all of the pain must have came back, everything right at once.

 

"Hey, calm down."

"You're a patient, don't worry doing those troublesome things." He patted the shoulder of the slender 'man' that was sitted there and said.

"I don't want you more hurt, so be still, okay."

As he said that, light shone from the windows, showing more of the beautiful features of Demetrios, slightly darker skinned face. His black hair and eyes, contrasted with the bright light of the sunset, making him seen extremely gorgeous.

 

"Y-Yes!" - Arylan almost shouted, she seemed to be a bit flustered.

 

'Oh... Damn, this reaction hurts my pride, maan..'

'Trios, why you're so beautiful, you bastard? Aren't you just an extra??'

As petty it may be, this certainly hurt my pride as a man. A little bit, just a little... But seriously, according to the novel, only the main characters are supposed to be gorgeous as hell. I didn't expect that most of the people here can be considered at least 'average', I couldn't take a good look on myself earlier, but I think at least I'm not ugly.

'I must make sure I take a proper look at myself later.'

'Face is one of the important things for an actor, after all...' - I stopped wandering in my thoughts as they talked more.

 

"Calm down, don't be too nervous."

"Okay?" - Trios said with a calming smile.

 

"O-okay." - Arylan nodded briefly.

 

"Excuse me, Sir Demetrios." - Seeing that their conversation ended, Reinard called Demetrios politely.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir, my name is Reinard Laguz."

"I have the great honor of serving young master as a butler." - He said with an respectful bow.

"Oh!"

"So you're the one Charles always talks about, huh."

"Interesting..." - Demetrios said stroking the stubble on his chin.

 

"The young master...?"

 

"Hmm." - Trios nodded, and said.

"I know it's your job, but you don't need to talk to me with such politeness, I'm not even a knight after all."

 

"How could I dare?"

"You are a rank 1 spellcaster, and utmost of all, you are a friend of the young master." - Reinard said with conviction.

 

"Haah~"

"Seriously you don't need to do this." - he said sighing.

 

"But-" - Reinard couldn't continue as Demetrios said more.

 

"Okay!" - Clapping his hands he started changing the topic.

"Now that we three know each other, can I say something, gentlemen?"

 

""Yes?"" - Both Reinard and Arylan asked in unison.

 

"I'm going to take care of Charles first."

"Okay?" - He said as if he was asking, but you could see he already had his answer.

 

"He helped me so this is only the obvious!" - Arylan said as if it really was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

"I wouldn't accept if this was another way." - On the other hand, Reinard had an serious expression as he said that.

 

"Heh~"

"See, Charles, even them agree with me!" - Demetrios said with a mischievous smile, as he approached me and patted my shoulders.

 

"Hah~"

"Okay, I see." - I nodded as I quietly sighed.

'Do any of those bastards have common sense?'

'Aren't you a doctor, you overpowered bastard? Where the hell is your professionalism??' - I thought seeing the satisfied expression on Trios face.

 

'In the first place, are you even an extra??'

'You are making this world more scary than I wanted!'

In this world, there is magic. While things like healing magic are a bit nerfed, this definitively is a world of magic. So here there are the so called mages. Well, as far as I know, at least here on the Nixur kingdom, those whose can use magic are called Spellcasters. And If I remember well, the spellcasters are divided into seven ranks, that both are divided on lower and upper paths.

And Demetrios is a rank 1 lower path spellcaster, as most of people never pass the rank two on their lifes, Demetrios basically is an...

 

'Extremely op mob!'

'...'

'This is really bad, if even someone who never appeared in the novel can be considered so strong.'

'At this rate, I will be overpowered by some of the random gardeners at my hous-'

 

"Ow!" - I yelped as someone had flicked my head.

"Why you did that Trios!?"

 

"I had to wake you up, man."

"You really seem to be a bit out of it today, Charles~"

 

"Yeah... I'm sorry about it..." - I said apologetically.

 

"Don't worry about it."

"It's better if we talk about your wound."

 

"Alright." - I nodded my head lightly

"Although I still think it's just a shallow c-"

 

"No" - He interrupted me and said.

"It seems I'll have to make some stitches on your neck." - While he said that, his black eyes glowed again in a tone of gold

 

"Oh, Damn... I thought it was a shallow cut."

'Hmm... I'm pretty sure Demetrios is using a skil.'

'If I remember it's name on the novel was...'

'Eyes of disease, I think...?'

 

That was one of the most useful abilities that 'Druid Hedrick', one of the companions of Alexander, used. If you was skilled using this skill, you could see more easily the wounds, or differences on a person with a few looks. It was an extremely useful skill, not just for it's medical use, but because of how useful it was in battle.

'What is more op than seeing how much damage you dealt on the enemy?'

'But that's pretty strange, was Hendrick lying when he said it was a hidden skill?'

'Or the world has changed...?'

 

"Ow" - I yelled again as a stinging pain came from my neck.

 

"Calm down."

"I'll have to sterilize your wounds." - Demetrios said holding a bottle of booze that he poured on me.

 

"Hmm." - I nodded.

 

"Wait a bit, I'll have to do an annoying chant on this" - He said holding an silver needle.

 

"O great spirit, I beesech your help..."

"That disease don't befall on one of your lambs, please lend me your power"

"O generous Issball, please clean our impurities."

"Holy Purification!"

 

After he finished the chant, both of his hands and the needle on it, glowed in a beautiful golden color. But differently from the fervour of Demetrios words, he had an extremely bored expression on his face.

 

"Grit your teeth, this will hurt a bit." - Demetrios said holding the needle.

...

..

.

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬

Demetrios POV

 

"Okay, that's it" - I said calmly as I cleaned my hands.

 

"Thank you, Trios."

"I'm grateful, but I still must say..."

"You really seem to be a reliable person when you are working."

"Only when you are working tough~" - Charles said touching the bandage I put on his neck.

 

"Haah~"

"You annoying bastard.." - I mumbled seeing the smirk on his face.

'Why are you so annoying today?'

 

"Haha, don't be angry."

"I'm just joking Trios~"

 

"I know." - I said calmly.

'I know that very well, you are joking Charles.'

'But... there's something different.'' - I thought looking at him.

 

Normally he would come here alone a few times on the week. I know this guy well, I know that, even if he doesn't show, he is a shy guy. I know very well he's kind, but I also know that he is a meek guy... yet I didn't know he had the confidence to help someone...

'This should be a good thing but...'

 

"Hey."

"Hey! Trios, there's something in my face?" - He asked probably confused with my constant stare.

 

"No, I was just seeing if I did a good job."

 

"Hmm.."

"So, what you're waiting?" - Nodding his head he asked.

 

"What?" - I asked honestly confused.

 

"Obviously you did a good job."

"So, go there and help Arylan" - He said pointing to the man sitted on the opposite bed.

 

"Oh..." - I was so engrossed on Charles changes that I had forgotten that there's still work to do.

'No one had ever seen I slacking off before..."

'Ah, my poor work life~'

 

"I know, I know."

"Stop pestering me and go get some rest, you bastard!" - I said feigning some irritation.

 

"Hmm~"

"Indeed, I should go." - After that, Charles got up and said to Arylan and me.

"Oh.."

"And see you two tomorrow."

 

"Eh, you're coming back here tomorrow?" - I said putting my hands on my tired face.

 

"Yes! And again, thank you for helping me." - Arylan said with a happy expression

 

"Dont worry about it."

Charles said with a gentle smile right after that he started to go in direction of the door. And, in that moment, I catched a glimpse of his expression. He had an look that seemed to be cold yet tired... I had never seen him look this way, he looked too tired yet he walked confidently, not hunching as he always did.

'What happened with him?' - I couldn't hold back my worry...

 

"Hey, Charles!" - So I called him.

 

"..." - He didn't answer, as the only sound that there was the one of a door opening.

 

"Charles! Are..."

"Are you really okay..?"

 

"..." - After opening the door, smiling he turned around and said.

 

"Of course I'm okay, in fact I never felt better..."

"It's almost like I died and came back!"

 

 

 

4