11. Feelings
43 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Of course I'm okay, in fact I never felt better..."

"It's almost like I died and came back!"

...

..

.

Again, there I was. Walking throught the stone pathway. The path that was made of multiple greyish slates of stone, unevenly put through the
ground. And little white stones filled the remaining gaps.

Adding all of it together with the evenly trimmed plants and trees, that were on both of my sides. And with the light of the sunset, it made
the pathway an extremely heartwarming one. Maybe because of the peace I felt seeing this, I started thinking about my day...

'I'm hungry.'

'I'm tired.'

'I'm overwhelmed.'

'And in another world.'

'But...'

'In the end of the day, I can't feel sad, or angry at all.'

 

There was no one that really liked me there after all... I didn't have parents, and there wasn't someone that truly mattered. I had few friends, yet they were just damn snakes from the acting community. The same could be said for a girlfriend, I couldn't trust someone who only knew my face.

'I don't doubt that there's some people who were rather happy when I died...'

'...'

'I wonder, when my life ended being this way...?'

 

"Haah~" - I sighed looking at the somewhat orange sky.

'Why the hell sunsets are always so sickening?'

"Uh.. Young master."

Breaking me off my thoughts, my reliable butler called me.

"What is it, Reinard?"

"Are you going to your room?" - He asked me, clearly seeing we weren't going to the cafeteria.

"Yes."

"These are the orders of the physician, after all." - I calmly answered him.

"Hmm."

He nodded with a very butler like expression and asked me.

"Should I bring the meals to your room, young master?"

"Yes... thank you."

"What you're talking about young master?

"This is my job!"

He said proudly, he really seemed happy doing his job.

"Still... thank you, Reinard." - I said with a small smile.

 

After I said that, everything was pretty much a silence. As there wasn't the need to say more, I calmly appreciated the peaceful walk. A thing I
couldn't have in months in my past life...

 

"Hooh~"

 

The silence was broken by a gasp, the one who had gasped was no one but myself.

'This academy sure is needlessly luxirous.'

I thought looking at the fountain on the front of the noble dorms. It was a huge ice blue fountain, that was addorned golden patterns... but what really got my attention was the sculpture on top of it.

 

It was the sculpture of a gorgeous woman. She weared a long dress, yet the dress couldn't hide her slender figure. On her hands she was holding a  golden balance. She seemed to be beautiful, yet the only thing you could see was a bit of her serious expression, as she had a veil on her face.

'Probably various guys would want her as a girlfriend.'

'Heh!'

'Although, if they said that out of loud, they would probably be called heretics.'

 

After all, the woman that was there was no one but Issbal wife, Acadia, the goddess of justice. Her being here was the symbol that we were on the Acadia Pavilion.

 

'So this is the place I've been living on the last two years...' - I thought looking at the huge building.

The dorms of the academy are divided on three pavilions. The pavilions are divided on certain family ranks, and lineage...

First of the three, there's the Wornis pavillion, where butlers, knights and commoners reside.

Second of the three, there's the Acadia pavillion, where barons, viscounts and counts reside.

Third of the three, there's the Issbal pavillion, where marquises, dukes and princes reside.

 

When you're assigned to a room they count various things, like, are you the heir? Are you the second son? And in my case, are you landed? The better your rank is, better will be your room, and treatment.

By my memory as I'm a landed baron, my conditions are pretty good. And as obviously there isn't much landed people studying here, my living conditions are pretty good.

'It's good for me that my room is pretty good and all.'

'But the more I see.'

'More I think that the principal is a fool...'

 

Where's all of the talk of equality and friendship? How can you expect things to be fair when your worth is decided by your family name? And yet how the principal expects that if he keeps lecturing people about equality things would change, when he himself does nothing?

'He's really full of shit...'

'Damn hypocrite.'

 

I stopped thinking on the Principal as I looked to the words that were written on top of the door.

 

/-Acadia Dormitory-\

 

"Welcome home young master!"

 

Soon as I reached there I was immediately greeted by the middle-aged guard.

 

"Good afternoon Paul."

 

The man who greeted me had a brownish blonde hair, his name was, Paul, A former royal knight. He was severely injured on the war that happened twenty years ago. After the war ended he was rewarded with money, and a well paid position in the academy.

As for why I know the backstory, of an extra among extras like him...

'Obviously i'm a stal- heh!'

 

Obviously Paul was one 'my' few friends.

'That's kinda of sad though.'

'Why couldn't you have some friends of your age man?'

'Not that I can say something about having friends...'

 

"Good afternoon to you too Reina- Ah!"

 

Seeing the bandage on my neck, the man exclaimed loudly.

 

"You got hurt?"

"That's odd, if I remember well you don't have any pratictal classes today, do you?" - Paul asked tilting his head.

 

"No."

I said shaking my head lightly.

 

"What!"

'Why the hell this guy is overreacting?'

 

"Don't tell me you got bullied!" - He said loudly with a hand on his mouth.

 

"No, how you reached this concl- Oh."

'I was already forgetting how Charles was always a peaceful guy, it really is the logical conclusion.'

 

"No man, I got in a figh-"

 

"Ah! Why didn't you say earlier, I got worried for nothing!"

Before I could finish my phrase, Paul said as he patted my shoulder.

 

"Well, now that I know this there's a important thing I need to know."

He said with a serious expression.

 

"What would it be?" - I asked him.

 

"Did..."

"Did you win?"

 

"Uh... Yes?"

 

"Heh! Good job!"

He said with a happy smile on his face, the expression on his face was the same as face of a father proud of his son.

 

'What you're so proud of!?'

 

"I still remember when I was at your age, I got in fights everyday..."

"That day wh-"

 

"Yeah, yeah I know this story Paul." - I said tiredly.

"Anyways, i'm going to rest for time, good day to you man."

After I said that, I walked through the now opened door, as I waved my goodbye to Paul.

 

"Hehe, take care of your body Charles!"

He said with a smile, as if he already expected I would do this.

 

"You too, old man..."

...

..

.

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬

After I walked through the long hallway, when I finally opened the door to my room, the only thing I could mutter was.

"Damn..."

'This is f*cking huge!'

3