12. Nobility
42 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn..."

'Wasn't this supposed to be just a normal room...?'

 

I thought dazedly, just seeing a bit from the outside. The room, couldn't be called just a measly room, it would be better described as an entire house.

'Being a baron sure isn't a joke.'

 

The more I entered on my 'room', more I thought that being a noble would be a good thing. Soon after I closed the door, I could see a type of a open kitchen on my left side, althought it was a small one, it was there.

'Why there's a kitchen on my room though?'

'Well it's not like I'm going to complain, the more the better, I guess?'

 

And on my right side there was a closed door, that door leaded to the bathroom. Near the door there was a vase with a beautiful mix of flowers, it was  filled with white and red, the types of flowers that were there was one I had never seen before.

'Now that I think more about it, does this world have it's own type of ecosystem?'

'Haah~ There's isn't much written on the novel, what an lazy author...'

'Ah, well it won't hurt if I research about it later.'

 

After walking for a little while, even me that could barely see because of the darkness, could see that a bit more to my front, there was a dinning table. Following the memories of the original owner, I sat on the wooden chair and waited.

Right after I did that, Reinard quickly started to open the curtains around the room. As soon he finished opening them, he took a orange colored stone from his pockets and started chanting.

 

"Zin Kradimur! Svalses svir tirtis debirs row lapus!"

Reinard said using the ancient continental language, and instantly after he finished, the lights on the room were turned on. It was almost like electricity, but instead of working the normal way it worked with magic stones.

'I wonder what he said...'

'It would be a lot easier if I hadn't to keep searching on my memories every time.'

 

At that moment when I was trying to remember the meaning of his words, Reinard started talking calmly.

"Young master."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"If you excuse me, young master."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I'm going to prepare your bath."

 

"Oh, okay."

As soon after I nodded my head, he quickly left for the bathroom, and like the proper butler he is, every of his steps didn't make a loud sound. Ignoring the far away sound of water, I tried to remember the meaning of his words.

'Huh... I think he said something like: I believe! That the lights will work well!'

'Heh! This sounds kinda funny when you understand what he's talking about.'

'But...'

'The way he chants is different from Demetrios, I wonder what's the big difference.'

'Not that I'm going to waste my time remembering this right now though!'

 

"Hoh..."

 

After I broke out of my thoughts, I muttered in amazement seeing the now illuminated room. Differently from before, now I could see that most of the room, was painted plainly in a white color.

Yet even with a normal color like that, the room seemed to be pretty stylish, and somehow technological, which was strange, after all it didn't have anything that blatantaly said it wasn't medieval.

'Why a supposedly medieval world looks so techn-'

 

"Aah!"

 

Out of nothing something touched me, making me yell a bit... I was so surprised that I almost punched the thing, fortunately I stopped myself. Because the one who touched my arm was no one other than, Reinard.

 

"Y-Young master." - He said shakily looking completly astonished.

 

"Cough, cough."

I let out a few of my best fake coughs, and said.

 

"Sorry man, you scared me."

'Damn! since when I overreacted this much!? ...Nah I always overreacted that much.'

 

"N-No it's nothing young master."

"I just came to say that your bath is ready."

 

"Oh, thank you."

After thanking him, I  got up lazily and started going to the bathroom, and as I was almost reaching there, Reinard who was quiet talked again.

 

"So if you excuse me, I'm going to get your food."

 

"Hmm." - I just nodded my head lightly.

'I feel bad for him now, the guy is working so hard and I almost punched him.'

'Yea poor man, I should thank him more.'

Thinking that way I muttered in a low voice, yet loud enough for him to hear. without turning my head.

 

"Really... thank you again, Rein."

And then without turning my head I continued walking.

 

"..."

There was a brief silence but soon enough, Reinard answered seeming to be really happy.

"Yes, young master!"

...

..

.
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬

In a room that was painted with a pale tone of red, there was a man looking at himself on the mirror. The man was pulling his red tie off, and while he did so, he had a cold expression, anyone who saw him right now would think he wanted to kill someone. Yet the only thing the man could think right now was...

'I tought that my normal expression would change..'

'I hoped it wouldn't be like this, now that I have a different body.. Damn!'

'Why my worst flaw as an actor followed me on this life!'

 

"Damn flawed body swap.."

I muttered sadly, after all that meant I would have to act some of my expessions the entire day, everyday.

'Should I just ignore how the original acted and just do whatever I want?'

'Nah...'

'I probably should let my expession ease litle by little, at least it won't look too suspicious.'

 

As I didn't have much strenght, I had to slowly take out my blue academy blazer. After I did that, what I was wearing was a buttoned black vest, and under the vest I was wearing a white dress shirt, while I myself was a bit pale on color.

 

"Heh! I'm beautiful as hell."

 

While probably on this world my looks would be called normal, I was indeed beautiful and handsome. I genuinely thought that way and I'm not even that narcissistic.

'Look at the lucky me! I'm in a hellish world, and I don't even have a sca-'

 

"Oh, what the fuck?"

I said surprised right after I took out half of my shirt, because there was something on my chest. What was there directly on my heart, was a grotesque stab scar.

 

"Oh dear..."

"I think it's time for me to sort out these memories..."

...

..

.

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬

"Fuck!" - I swore, and couldn't give a shit wheter my wet hair soaked the ground with water.

 

It was a good thing that, Reinard, had left the food on the table and wasn't there anymore when I got out of the bathroom. After all I don't think I would be able to hold my anger right now.

 

"Fuck!"

"Fuck! Fuck."

"Fuck.."

 

When I entered on this room, I thought that Charles was just a studious guy, after all there were many bookshelves on main room. And I thought more and more in that way seeing his room, a room that was filled with various bookshelves...

 

"Damn!"

 

What I dind't expect was that on the truth, half of these bookshelves served as a door to a room to escape from things like assasinations. If that was all, it would be good after all most of the noble rooms had this..

 

"Shit..."

 

I lifted the feather pillow on my bed slowly... with fear, and when I finally lifted it, what was there was a dagger. A dagger for protection against possible murderers. With a hopeless expression I thought...

'My name is Charles Croxus, Baron of venius.'

'Everything is looking good! I'm fifteen years old and I'm already pretty rich!'

'And... on the last two years I suffered five assassination attempts...'

 

"Fuck!"

What kinda of cursed man did I possess!?

4