Chapter 04 – Giving up Rio
94 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She left the door open behind her; intentionally speaking with a loud voice "Colonel Ralf"

A group of soldiers had appeared in two big terrain army vehicles. They were all dressed in black, making it easier to recognize them as the Promesus Warriors. Among them, stood the highest rank of that branch, Colonel Ralf. His appearance was very uncommon in the Aerman Territory.

  She immediately acknowledged Colonel Ralf by standing ready and saluting him. "Colonel Ralf, Welcome, Sir. Promesus Saviour Dyna Beck, Brasefield Squad is at your service."

"Soldier Dyna, pleasure," Colonel Ralf replied to her. He was wearing black pants and the same colored jacket worn over a white shirt. He was wearing yet a black belt that carried two guns, a purse, and a pointed dagger.

His overall look clearly reflected a man in his forties. He had unsentimental intense greyish eyes and short grey hair that is classically pulled aside. His figure looked trained, healthy, and unmerciful.

"Dyna, we are looking for two men. They should not be far from here".

 She immediately came to realize who he was looking after. And who else could it be, but The two troubled boys? Dyna got struck with a clash of emotions. Should she tell the Colonel about Helgar and Rio? Or should she trust her intuition and hide that she met them?

Her emotions came as a sharpening light when suddenly everyone was jolted by an intense explosion coming from inside her bar and smashing all the surrounding windows.

Colonel Ralf grasped Dyna from her shoulder and pushed her aside, forcing his way inside.

The smoke had covered the bar, making it harder to locate where Helgar was standing. Colonel Ralf let few coughs while his eyes scanned the area, carefully looking for him. And there he was, Helgar was crouching down on both knees as he clenched himself to his body. It appeared that he lost control over himself, though Rio kneeled beside him, shielding him with both arms.

The Colonel smirked as he saw both of them "Look who we have here, Helgar and the traitor Rio”

   Rio’s hands started to shake as he pulled his rifle out and aimed it directly at the Colonel.  "Don’t you dare come closer" He growled like a wild animal trying to protect its own baby.

Colonel Ralf stood still, waiting for the smoke to diminish.  The smirk has left his lips as he reflected a stern intimidating gaze, apparently not giving a damn about Rio's threatens. With a cold gesture, he gave a sign for the soldiers to come in and surround the place without getting close toward Helgar and Rio.  "Rio you are useless to me, your life is worthless, your pal is what I am here for." The Colonel remarked, framing his position towards the blond boy. 

"Over my dead body” Rio frowned, both his hands holding the weapon while trying helplessly to hide Helgar behind him. His whole body was sweating, by the heated waves emitted from Helgars body.

The Colonel stood confident and cold "I would be ashamed of myself by now Helgar, everyone is dying because of you. and now your best friend is next, if you come without resistance, I promise…”

"SHUT UP!!! HELGAR WILL NOT GO WITH YOU!!” Rio shouted feeling completely panicked at the idea of losing Helgar. as he pulled his finger to the trigger of the rifle, ready to pull it down.

Colonel Ralf stretched his arm raising it up high in the air. Dyna nodded in return not giving enough emotions in her face while raising her gun and pointing it towards Rio.

"Helgar, it's your call," Colonel Ralf warned him, his left arm still stretched in the air. He gestured three with his fingers, elevating the frustration on Rio's side.

Rio felt bewildered, his hands shaking while still holding his rifle with both hands. A mixture of emotions and fears squeezed his heart. To make it worse, Helgar placed his palm on the floor, trying to stand up.

The colonel placed one foot back, gesturing "two" with his fingers.

"Helgar NO! Do not go! I will kill myself and everyone here if you go." Rio screamed at Helgar, panicked. However, the later did not seem to listen to Rio much.

Closing his eyes, Helgar could feel his heartbeats speeding up, faster than usual, so quickly that it made his vine burn-in sensation. Everything around him blurred as he zoned out. Meanwhile, memories raced in his head images of fires, scribbles of soldiers running around, his father Naji starting at him through the crowds, and all that froze with one image of his childhood friend Rio running at the green valley with him.

Finally, Colonel Ralf clenched his fist, getting ready to wave his arm down for Dyna to fire. And at the exact moment, Helgar opened his eyes wide open.

His crimson eyes glow more dominantly this time as he screamed with agony. With lightning speed, he shoved Rio violently far from him to the wall throwing him unconscious. Before starting to accumulate a sphere of heat energy that expanded beyond himself and traveled to destroy everything nearby.

Colonel Ralf and Dyna hardly held their ground; having the waves got more substantial, it could lastly throw them away to hit the wall too.

In the end, the waves slowed down until they have stopped, and Helgar fell, blacking out.

1