Chapter 8 – Ten years earlier (Part 2)
107 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day I got to know you.. you left me alone


 

  Two soldiers accompanying a man reached out toward Colonel Ralf. The closer they stepped, the higher the hails of the Aerwalden disturbed the stage. The man was in his mid-thirties, he looked tired. Yet, he was not chained. Instead, The soldiers left him to walk in his free will. 

  He was wearing a white shirt with several unfastened buttons revealing a well-trained body and nicely formed chest muscles. His long black hair was waving smoothly and reaching out the length of his shoulder blades. Unlike anyone, he had crimson eyes. They shined like a demon, those eyes compared to nothing a human could recognize. They added a magical charm to his handsome face. Only a scar was disturbing his perfectly sculpted jaw; it was the single flaw that prevented his outlines from having that divine appearance; someone should have hated this perfectness so bad to endure this scare on him. His neck on the other side was holding a simple black leather necklace; at the end of it, a blue diamond charm was swaying and touching his bare chest. Was it actually shining, or did the sun shines reflect on its edgy surface?

  Helgar froze in his place as he looked at that man surrounded by soldiers, his heart began to beat faster than usual, and just for a moment, he could grasp the man's attention, and their eyes meet. This single moment where everything stopped and the whole universe aspect of time has disappeared 

 *those crimson eyes…why do I know them? *Helgar said to himself, the man refusing to look at anyone else but Helgar.

  "As you can all see, Naji is free here today." Colonel Ralf spoke to the audience, having a quick stare at where Naji was looking but failing to spot Helgar. 

  "Only Naji can return the two hundred captives if he follows the rules and the orders" one of the soldiers came close to Colonel Ralf and muttered some words in his ear. 

  Colonel Ralf noded, raising both his hands and clapping in the air. Letting the majestic music get louder, while all the soldiers kneeled.

  "His great Highness King Artemiss has arrived," He announced to the Aerwalden. Letting all of them bow down to the King, including Naji and the soldiers on the stage.

  The King was also a young man, almost the same as Naji. He was not wearing any royal outfit, but rather a tight black leather outfit with a bl that carried a long pointed sword at his waist. Part of his short blond hair formed small flings that traced his forehead. With great pride, he stood still, feeding his ego to the scene of bowing crowds. Colonel Ralf still kneeling he looked at King Artemis, who in return gave him an approving nod. This lasted for a while until he finally snapped his fingers, giving a sign to Colonel Ralf to speak.

 "Thank you, everyone. " Colonel Ralf said, allowing the people to end their bow before he presumed with his speech. That of course, excluded Naji having the two soldiers placing their hands on his shoulder as he stood on his knees.

  "To all the people standing here today. Naji Ozaki, the son of Aerwald is here next to highness is because he wants to correct his past mistake. "Colonel Ralf looked at Naji, remarking his disapproval "He wants to stop the pain of the two hundred captives and their families in Aerwald. For the sake of you, for the sake of all the people in Aerwald. Naji will sacrifice himself"

  Helgar tucked Rio's shirt with a shaking hand, realizing that Rio's attention was all on the stage 

  "Rio, he is my father," Helgar whispered to Rio, his heartbeats reflected in his worlds. 

  "What are you saying? Which one do you mean? Naji?" Rio looked at him as Helgar nodded, his hand still shaking while he tightly kept his fist on Rio's shirt. 

  Rio froze for a moment, was Helgar having hallucinating? Is this too much for him to take? His eyes scanned Naji. Immediately, he noticed that man named Naji, he was searching for someone with his eyes in their own direction, as he was interrupted by a nudge of one of the soldiers. Everything was happening so fast, Rio decided not to negotiate Heglar position; after all, he trusted Helgar blindly. If what Helgar said is correct, then Rio mission is to guard and protect him. And upon that, he decided to act. 

  The crowd was standing and waiting attentively for the next thing to happen; the soldiers and Colonels were also at their highest alert. Until that moment, King Artmis has not said a single word to the Aerwalden, taking a step closer to Naji and invading his personal space. He was tempted to kneel to Najis level, but he decided not to. Instead, He turned his head in the direction of Colonel Ralf. 

  Colonel Ralf responded with a nod. His mission was to keep the King safe; He was ready to shoot at Naji at any moment, for that his hand never left the gun that was fixed on his waist. 

  The moment finally came, where King Artemis raised his sword from his waist and held it horizontally close to his chest. 

  "So it's time" King Artemies talked to Naji. 

  Naji Ozaki kept his calm, looking one more time in the direction of Helgar and drawing a devilish smirk on his lips that matched his wicked eyes. 

  Dark clouds started to cover the sky; everyone was in silence, paralyzed by the unusual scene. A strong thunder struck the air; Rio wrapped his arms around Helgar as he saw him collapsing in panic and crying. 

  Another thunderstrike followed by multi lightning hit the stage and several spots from the audience killing random people and causing fear among the spectators. Some of the audience receded themselves back to run away from the scene, causing chaos around. Briskly, a wave of heat came from the stage as a circle of light with an intense whirlwind surrounded Naji and the King. King Artemis ascended his sword high, and without any resistance, he thrust his sword into Naji's chest, a small flow with here he pointed his sword caused the black leather of the necklace to tear and the charm to disappear into that windstorm.

"Noooooo" Helgar cried his eyes, full of tears. d Naji still on his knees w close to fainting as he heard Helgar's voice among all the chaotic voices surrounding the place. The aura surrounding him grew larger and stronger, and then swiftly shattered in all directions as he fell to the ground, his eyes closed slowly. *Helgar…forgive me…* He smiled his eyes losing their shiny crimson light before they fully shutdown. 

  Right at this moment, the storm stopped and the clouds moved away, the chaos from the people started to calm down, still, the fear was in the air by the random deaths that occurred.

  King Artemis took a moment before sweeping his sword away from Najis body and stared at the blood on his blade *Nothing..Where is the power.* With great anger, he tossed his bloodied sword, kneeling toward Naji . 

  "You won again but not for long" King Artemis stands up to his feet, drawing his cap away to his back.

  "The power is still here… surround this town… kill everyone until you find the power," King Artemis said to Colonel Ralf. 

 "Your highness, how can we know who has this power" Colonel Ralf questioned. Being confused to the King's request.

  "Threaten, Burn, ....investigate people in the eyes. If you do not find it.. then.. " King Artemis paused, throwing his cap behind him. "Erase, Aerwald," He presumed before walking away from backstage. "

  Colonel Ralf had no choice but to accept the orders. He quickly moved to several soldiers carrying the orders to them. The soldiers saluted him immediately and moved away from behind the stage as well.

  "Nobody shall move from here!" Colonel Ralf said aloud, giving a sign for all soldiers to point their weapons at the people. Another wave of soldiers came from behind the town, surrounding the people from behind. 

  "Naji, the traitor, did it again…he destined this town to suffer." Colonel Ralf paused as the people start to whisper between themselves 

  "One of the people here still has Naji's power…I will give you one minute to come and show up on the stage…otherwise, you are nothing but a traitor to your town and to the government," Colonel Ralf said as danger peeps came out from the stage 

1