Chapter 11 – On the plan to meet Colonel Adeno
75 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Rio and Dyna head to Brass village


"Five golden Gekone," An old man in his mid-eighties said with a husky voice. One eye was entirely closed, while the other was hiding behind wrinkles that hindered his vision. The man had a relatively small body, a much-wrinkled face, and a long bushy grey beard. Oddly enough, he seemed to be fit. To a stranger, his small wooden antique shop looked unsuspicious. Only few people like Dyna knew that he dabbles in forging.

Five bloody golden Gekones. A ridiculous number. One Gekone equals a thousand Konnita. That is a year of shedding hard work in any of the Aermans' city.

"You cannot be serious." Dyna could not help but pull a face at the wicked old man. She was not even sure she wanted to debate with him. His anchor is tremendously high. Any adjustment, in that case, would be inadequate.

The man's wrinkles seemed to deepen in a frown as he felt the strains from Dyna. He then stood and walked slowly towards the door and slid the door open to both Rio and Dyna. "Have a nice day Dyna. It is a nice weather outside."

Dyna was easily annoyed, especially with such a rude and offensive manner. Her cheeks were turning red while clenching on her teeth. "This is not the way you treat your customers!!!" She snapped at him

"Dyna calm down.." Rio faked a smile at the old man; in hopes of covering for her misbehaviour. 

"You want a forged identification to Ferro territory. a one that does not make them slit your throat at the gate. And you want it for cheap! Go away Dyna, I have no time to waste..." The man answered curtly, not giving enough attention to his own words. He knew Dyna very well and did not mind that they go back and forth with this argument.

"Sir, please we need the identification to rescue an important person to me." Rio pleaded to the elderly man.

The man gave a deaf ear to Rio as he walked back and sat behind his desk.

"Close the door behind you son," he said, lowering his head and placing a magnifier on his eye to get himself busy in an old antique that was lying on the table, giving a strong signal that the conversation has ended.

And leaving both with a dead end.




Later on the same day, Dyna and Rio sat on the top of the hill at Brassfield, staring at the enchanting sunset scene close to Dyna's small bar. All the energy Dyna and Rio had in the morning seem to deflate now.

Dyna was driven by her urge to break the silence; she could see the emptiness in Rio's eyes. "Rio..." she called his name, not hoping for much attention.

Rio glanced over his shoulder at her "Mhm.."

"I did not get the chance before.  but I have been wanting to say sorry" She said, tilting her head down. Dyna held herself accountable for the break-in day.

"It's ok, You had no other choice," Rio said, drawing a soft smile and accepting her apologies. "To be honest, it was my mistake, I was standing uselessly next to Helgar"

"You also had no choice," Dyna replied, trying to wash his guilt. Apparently, her words not leaving the impact she hoped for "Well, it seems you have forgotten the situation you both came in. You both were totally worn out and miserable. You did your best given the circumstances you had"

"It wasn't that" Rio pulled his knees closer, placing both elbows on them. "Just when Helgar is around, my rational thinking is worse."

"But you have saved him before, haven't you?" Dyna said, feeling the courage to poke his cheek. Moreover, it is hard for not to do that, especially when she felt some attraction to him and his colored eyes that matched the green fields ahead of them. They were not glowing like Helgars, but that did not make them any less gorgeous.

"huh? "Rio looked at her, confused with her stares.

That was indeed too much. She shied away and scattered her stare into the horizon. "The first time I saw you, you were giving Helgar your jacket. I doubt it was the first time you have taken care of him "

"Well, if you are a friend of Helgar. you need to babysit him sometimes. He is not good at expressing himself" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"I never had a true friend like you . I envy him"

"Thanks...I guess" Rio looked down, a hint of a blush rising on his cheeks. "Don't you know enough about us?"

"Well, you have an interesting story, worth to tell" Dyna stood up, getting ready to move to the bar. The darkness was already crawling in the sky.

"Tell me more about you Dyna" He looked up at her, still relaxed with his position. He felt that he had shared a lot, and this made him uncomfortable somehow.

"Nothing interesting about me.." She said still standing to counter his pressure"It is getting dark , let's go back."

"If you say so," He stretched his hand, asking for help. And Dyna offered her hand happily.

As they both stride down the hill, she endlessly decided to talk about her self "I am a Promesus Saviour."

"I always find it funny, you are either a Saviour or Warrior," Rio said, getting one more big step further. It is fun to go downhill. The dashing made him feel much in control and fit.

"Isn't it? You are either following Colonel Ralf or Colonel Adeno, no matter how far your squad is from them." She replied aloud enjoying the fun of the stride and matching Rios pace.

But Rio halt in his place, as he heared the familiar name"Colonel Adeno?"

"What?" She stopped suddenly, almost falling to the ground.

"You know him?" Rio is confused. How come he was so naive and does not know about this information and the system. Yes, he had heard about Promesus Warriors and Saviours. And he knew that the Saviours are the soldiers that spread in Aermans to protect the area, but that was where his knowledge stopped.

"You cannot be serious. He is Colonel of Promesus Saviours. And to answer you, no. I have not met him personally. But theoretically, the chain up reaches to him"

"So Colonel Ralf is not your boss?" Rio winced, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You really have very little knowledge about the military system." She finally had the right moment to pat on his head and ruffle his hair!

Rio rolls his eyes "Ok.. and?"

"Colonel Ralf is not my boss. We had never met before that special night. It just happened that he came in the right or maybe the wrong moment? And I do not know, what do you mean by boss. But yes Colonel Adeno is our boss. Even though my direct boss is a sergeant in that case. "

Rio grasped Dyna from both shoulders. "Dyna!!! Take me to Colonel Adeno, please!!" He shook her, sensing a glimpse of hope and feeling utterly excited.

Dyna gapped, widening her eyes. "That is too ambitious. How do you know the Colonel..."

He beamed at her. "It is a long story. Will you take me to him?"

"We can try that. At least it is easier than going in Ferro Territory" she walked down to the bar, finally reaching the door looking back at him, and watching his steps.

Rio walked in less confident steps, scanning the little old wooden house. His eyes settled at the wall where Helgar was standing a few days ago. He swayed his stares away and moves closer to the shattered glass, Dyna had already placed tapes on them.

"We still need a forged identity to get you into Aurum Territory" She sighed, feeling the weight of this cumbersome process.

"I can get into Aurum with my identity," Rio said, placing the tip of his finger carelessly at the shards of the window and then snapped it quickly. "Just before you ask me how. I have my identity replaced when I passed the national exam." 

"You don't look smart enough to pass the exam though" She shrugged in surprise seeing his finger bleeding from the shard.

"Whatever" He suckled his finger. "I have never been to Aurum. I am curious to go there." 

"Get some good sleep then, we can head tomorrow to Aurum" She couldnt help but twitch a smile.

"Until tomorrow" Rio noded 

*Helgar I am coming.. please be safe until then*

0