Ch. 8 – Doubledevil
208 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elbrosa and the girl were still looking at Yuris corpse. "Let's go already." The girl said "If we want to take over, we need to-" she couldn't finish her sentence due to the arrow piercing her neck, which flew down from the palace wall.

As she looked at Rabrosa, who was shocked to the point of being silent, she coughed up blood and fell into his arms.
"O-Oi! Narry!" he cried.
She died then and there. After setting her body to the ground, he looked to the castle wall to see who had shot her, only to see Yuri atop it, holding a bow. He looked around to find Yuri's body gone, and as he turned around to look back at Yuri, she swung a sword at him.

He hurriedly parried with the sword he was holding, "H-huh? What the-" he looked at the Yuri, who had a bloodstained hole in her shirt, standing in front of him and the unscathed Yuri standing on the wall. He screamed, "What's going on here?".

The Yuri atop the wall answered in a cold tone, "As you said, you should always have someone watching your back. I prefer if that someone is myself."

The Yuri on the wall was preparing another arrow as he was parrying the others sword strikes. She shot the arrow aiming at his right shoulder, which was open due to the other Yuri striking at his left side.

The arrow hit dead center on his clavicle, breaking it and preventing any painless movement of his right arm. He kept holding onto the sword with both his hands, but his movement became slower, and he was constantly groaning in pain.

Yuri jumped down from the wall and approached herself and Rabrosa who were currently locked in pushing against each others swords. She loaded two arrows onto her bow string and aimed at his head. Rabrosa was ready to jump back at any time, and as Yuri fired off her arrows he did.

But the arrows didn't fly by where he anticipated them to, their trajectory curved and they struck both of his Knees.
He let go of his sword and feel to the ground on his back.

The two Yuris approached him as he lay on the ground.
He was sobbing and snorting, babbling things about forgiveness. That all ended when the uninjured Yuri told the other one, "Do it." and she answered, "Yes, my lord."

With a stab to the heart, Rabrosa was no more.
"That's it then. The prideful line of Rabrosa is vanquished." The uninjured Yuri said, "It's a shame really, his father was a great help in unifying this empire. Too bad about that disease he caught."

"My lord, this Form is becoming increasingly uncomfortable." the injured one said.

"Let's go back inside then." the other one answered.

Back in her office, the only people present were Yuri, Yuri and Elizabeth. The Yuri sitting at the desk snapped her fingers, and subsequently the other Yuri's Form wavered and went up in smoke. The Clothes slowly fell to the floor, before Elizabeth picked them out of the air as Aren now stood in the place of the Doppelgänger.

"Thanks," Yuri said, "For taking that over for me, Aren."
He nonchalantly answered, "It is nothing if it is for you, my lord." although in the place where his head should be, there was something discernible as a proud smile.

Yuri snapped her fingers and Aren vanished into a shadow in the corner of the room.

"Liz, have you sent someone to clean that mess up?"

"Yes, my lady, it's already back to how it was before"

"Great. We'll have a grand party tomorrow," Yuri said with a devilish smile, "So we have to make it nice for our guests, wouldn't you say?"

"Of course, my lady." Elizabeth answered with a light chuckle over the sight of the scheming Empress. 

9