Ch. 10 – Massacre!
179 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes," he repeated, "I wish to kill a Dragon."

"Oh, well. Sure." Yuri agreed, "But what do I get out of it?"

"You can have everything that isn't the dragons heart." he answered.

"Then, we have ourselves a deal."

Yuri rang the bell to call for Elizabeth, who immediately came into the room as if she was listening in on the conversation.

"Yes, my lady?" she asked.

"Show this man to a room he can use, preferably near my own quarters." Yuri said. 

Elizabeth responded, "Of course, my lady."

"What might the gentlemans name be, so that I may address him properly?" she asked.

He responded to Elizabeth, "Kazer."

Yuri lightly chuckled.

__

Now is when the banquet for the nobles is set to begin. This is the first time since the Establishment of the new Government and the Senate that they've all come to the capital. It's not like they really govern the country anymore, but they have hands in the military and national defense, so they still act like they own the place.

I'm a stable hand at the Imperial Palace, so there was lots of work today.

Weird stuff is also aplenty. Yesterday, we had to erect temporary stables and apparently, some big shot was killed by the Empress right in front of the Imperial Palaces gate, although that isn't known by the public. 

Just today, some crazy guy asked me where he could get an audience with the Empress, so of course I sent him to Grand General Elizabeth. Poor guy probably didn't know what having an audience with the Empress means.

Right now, I'm in the temporary stables tending to some nobles horses. I can read, but I never cared enough about those noble bastards to look up any of them.

I can't wait for my break, today I've got some sandwiches handmade by my sister with me.

I might just go to a window and peek into the hall where they're holding the banquet. Seems like it was an imperial order for all the nobles and their whole families to come here. I imagine the atmosphere must be tense.

I've finished tending to the horses I had to, time to eat and take an 'accidental' detour towards the banquet hall.

It's not very far from here, all I have to do is circumvent the Empress' garden and that's where the banquet hall is. It's got tall windows, so if I climb up a bit I should be able to take a peek.

I took a bite from my sandwich, and as I was walking by the Empress' garden, I saw some of the Imperial Guard.
I guess since all the big shots are here, they need someone to protect them too. I wonder if the magic division is being used too, since my sister works there.

Ah, there it is. I finished my first sandwich. Taking a bite from the second one, I approach the buildings side.

I climb up on a statues socle, which is just high enough for me to peek inside the hall.
Looking through the window, I can immediately see her.
Our Empress, Yuri Sophia. Liberator of Kirznah and first ruler of the demon race to sign a temporary peace treaty with a human nation, namely the Empire of Goran. I also see Grand General Elizabeth and some of the Generals. I can't fathom why she'd make maid costumes their Uniform.

It seems that right now, the Empress is holding a speech. Oh, that crazy guy is also standing behind her. I guess he made it out alive?

Some of the nobles look like their veins will pop right out of their heads.
I can see old and young men, women and children. Stupid noble brats. I wish they would just keel over and die.

Huh? Marching? Ah, it's the Imperial Guard. They seem to be lining up around the building.

Glad I'm behind this statue, or I'd get in heaps of trouble, and not only with the guard. My sister would pull my ears off if she knew I was doing this.

Looking back inside, all the nobles look... scared? Huh?
Wait, why is the Empress pulling her sword?
She just cut down one of those fat nobles! I think I'm gonna-

I understand! The Imperial Guard isn't here to protect them but to make sure they can't get away! 

Apparently, even after helping out in the kitchen a few times, I'm still not used to blood and guts.
I also dropped my sandwich, but I just can't look away!

Grand General Elizabeth and the other Generals are also going at the nobles!
None of them seem to have brought any weapons, they're just being slaughtered!
Oh dear, they're cutting them all down, even the children!

I can't take any more of this. I'm gonna hide behind this statue and wait it out. 

I had writers block today and when 2 hours ago I suddenly had my brain click and was like "Ahh, yeah that sounds good! I can do it like this!" So I really really hope you enjoyed this chapter that I gave my all thinking about. Please do let me know what you think  about it! I always appreciate a comment. ^~^

9