Ch 11. – Towards Adventure
184 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuri shook the blood off her sword, the maids bowed and left, while Elizabeth, also cleaning her blade, turned to face Yuri, "It's done, my lady."

"Yes, hopefully, peace will be easier to attain now. Have the knights clean this up, prepare for a public announcement tomorrow."

"Yes, my lady."

"Good work."

Yuri left the banquet hall, and the Imperial knights waiting in front of it bowed.

Kazer was following close behind her and she said, "I'll go get you tomorrow and then we'll be off, I hope. If you need to prepare anything I'd suggest you do it now."

"Theres nothing more I need, but thanks."

There was now an awkward silence between them, and as they walked through the throne room, he asked the question, "Why is the door so big?" to which he didn't get an answer but a rispy, fake cough instead. 

Yuri had stepped through the door of her personal quarters, and as she closed the door she threw a glance towards Kazer. 

___

It was the next day already. 

In the plaza of the Imperial City a heightened platform was set up. In a half circle in front of it a large number of citizens was waiting. As Yuri stepped on the platform, all of them became quiet, none of them made any noise. 

With a snap of her fingers, Yuri began to speak in an amplified voice. 

"As many of you might know, despite of the current political situation we have found ourselves in, I held a banquet for the nobles yesterday. I may have announced that it was to celebrate the complete liberation of our race and nation under one flag, but in fact it was to trap them. At a point in the past I had already made the decision that if we were to continue on a path to peace we would have to eliminate the many split noble factions and establish a government that is based on the will and heart of the people. The nobles have long been a thorn in my side, as their meddling hands had controlled a large part of our national military. And thus, yesterday evening, I and my retainers swiftly deposed of them. As such, every single nobles assets will be seized by the state, funds gained will be used for the development of our nation. Rejoice, for this is not only the end of oppression, but the beginning of freedom and enlightenment. Thank you." 

As Yuri ended her speech, cheers began to erupt from every single mouth in the plaza. 

Yuri left the platform and went back to the Imperial Palace while being followed by state officials, the royal guard, her maids and Kazer. 

___

"Are you ready?" Kazer asked. 

"Always. " Yuri answered. 

And so, they left the Imperial Palace, towards adventure. 

Shorter chapter today, still hope you enjoy! c(`~`c) 

7