Ch 12. – Matters of Magic
169 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuri and Kaizer are on their way through the Imperial Capital, Irby, of the Demon Nation, which lies in the very west of the continent.

"So, Dragonslayer-to-be, where will we find our dragon to kill?" Yuri asked.

"l was planning to go to the mountain range in the north of Goran."

"I see." 

They were leaving the Imperial Capital, as such, Yuri took her hood off. 

Kazer asked: "Why do you hide your face in your own nation?" 

"It's bothersome." Yuri sighed. 

"I can relate." 

"Can you now?"

"Kind of." 

"If we want to reach Goran's norths, the fastest way would be to go through Arkal, since it's the nearest northern city." Yuri stated. 

"I would like to avoid coming through Arkal again." Kazer asserted. 

"If that is so we should travel towards the western part first, and then go north once we are in Goran." Yuri suggested. 

"So through Karmel?" 

"Yes."

___

Yuri and Kazer were walking on a highway, when a Carriage came towards them. Yuri put her hood up and they stepped aside to let it pass by. 

Nothing happened, and they went on their way. 

As Yuri took her hood down, Kazer asked, "You can use magic, right?" 

"Yes." 

"What attributes are you able to use?"

"All of them. In fact, when I was younger, I could only use the dark attributes, but through training I achieved at least novice level in all other attributes. Of course, I mastered the dark attributes." 

"So you can also use illusion magic?" Kazer furthered his question. 

"Yes." 

"Why don't you use it to hide your face then?" 

"How about I ask you a question?" 

"Sure, go ahead." 

"Are you stupid?" Yuri bluntly said. 

"Huh?" Kazer was surprised. 

"Do you really think, calling yourself 'Kazer', instead of 'Kaizer' would put anyone off the fact that you're a Prince, a fugitive one at that?" Yuri revealed her knowledge about him. 

"How do you know all of that?" Kaizer rested his hand on the hilt of his sword. 

"Calm down, I was just hypothesizing, but it turns out I was correct." Yuri smirked. "It seems you need to learn how to control yourself. Want some help?" 

"Well, I guess I could use it. But don't tell anyone, alright?" 

"Of course not." 

"Can I ask again why you don't conceal your face using illusion magic?" 

"I do. I have a spell on my robe, but it's not like any of you humans really know my face as anyone but the Orichalcum ranked adventurer 'Blood Sword'."

"You also conceal your horns, right?" 

"That's not Illusion magic, It's Blood Magic. I absorb the bones back into myself and have them grow somewhere else, with the loss of some blood." 

"I see." 

___

During Sunset. 

"There it is." 

After Going over a small hill the highway was built over, a small town could be seen a bit further away.

After they got there, they were stopped by the towns guard. 

"Welcome to Urzen. Please show me your identification." The guard threw Kaizer a weird look. 

Yuri reached into her robe and pulled out a Brooch with the coat of arms from a knightage in the Imperial Capital. 

"How long are you planning to stay, knights?" he asked. 

Yuri answered, "Just the night." 

"How unfortunate. We could use some help." He sighed. 

"Help with what?" Yuri asked. 

"I can't explain here, but if you at least have time have to listen about the problem, please come to the Administration Building in the town square tomorrow. I'll let them know of your presence."

"Sure, we'll be there." Yuri answered. 

___

Yuri and Kaizer were now inside the moderately sized town. 

If they didn't want to sleep on the street they'd have to get to an Inn soon. 

Entering one Yuri chose, the Inkeeper, an old man, with two large horns and a brawny build welcomed them. 

"Whatcha need?" 

"A room." Yuri stated. 

"With separate beds, please." Kaizer added.

Yuri looked up at Kaizer with a questioning look, until she noticed his blushing and tilted her head. 

They got a key and went up to the room. 

"Miss Yuri."

"Yes, Kaizer?" 

"You need to be more self-conscious. You asking for just a room could cause some.. misunderstandings." Kaizer stated. 

Yuri looked at him with a confused face now, but as she realized what he meant, she slowly turned red. 

"U-uhm.."

Yuri hurriedly took off her armor and robe, laid down in her bed, snuggling the blanket and turning away from Kaizer. 

Kaizer could see 4 horns, poking through the disheveled hair on the back of Yuris neck and lightly chuckled. 

"Good night, Miss Yuri." 

"Y-yeah." 

So, since I didn't upload yesterday, I thought I would give you guys a new year's present. Happy new year!! ^¬^ I also wanna ask if you guys would like me to add some stuff about magic specifically, to the glossary for world building. Or should I just not? Anyway, hope you enjoyed! 

6