Ch 13. – To Conceal
142 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's go." Yuri had all but forgotten about last night.

"Yeah, let's go."

They arrived in Urzen's small town square and thanks to Yuri's exceptional memory, they found the administration building right away. 

Entering the building, they were greeted by a homely interior. There was a fireplace and some places to sit down around it. Further in, there was a counter.

Going to the counter, Yuri presented the coat of arms and said, "One of the guards said there was a problem you need help with. He said he'd notify of our presence."

The face of the lady behind the counter lit up brightly, and she responded eagerly: "Yes, of course, please wait a moment. I'll get someone higher up right away." as she left Yuri and Kaizer standing there.

"Miss Yuri, what if they ask for our names?"

"I'm Sophia, and you're Krumm. Leave the talking to me." 

The lady returned accompanied by another woman, who seemed to be older than her. 

"Hello, Knights. Please follow me to my office. I'll explain the details there." 

___

As they sat down on the couch in the small office, the Woman began talking immediately. 

"I'll get right to the point. There's been... Disappearances. Someone is pulling people off the street at night. We have no idea who it could be." 

"Who has been targeted?" Yuri asked. 

"Only men. Namely warriors."

"I see. We'll investigate it." Yuri answered the woman. 

"Thank you so much."

___

Leaving the office, Yuri said, "So, since we'll be spending some time here, we should go shopping." 

"You're like a child." 

"No, I'm not." 

They arrived on a street with many storefronts, Yuri instantly gravitated towards a windowshop that sold skewers. 

Yuri and Kaizer were now sitting on a bench, eating skewers. 

"You really are like a child."

"Will you shut up?" 

"No, also, What are these made of, anyway?" 

"Humans." 

Kaizer immediately spat out the piece he had just bitten down on. 

"Really?" 

"No." Yuri started laughing into her palm. 

"Are you sure they're not?"

"Despite the rumors, Demons don't eat Humans." 

"You promise?" 

"Of course, dear prince." 

Kaizer skeptically wolfed down the meat on the skewer and threw the piece he had spat out as well as the skewer into a trash can. 

"Public order is really good here." Kaizer stated. 

"Mhm. Anyway, if youre finished, lets get you some clothes."

"Why?"

"First of all, you're gonna be bait tonight. Secondly, you need something to conceal yourself, just take a look at yourself." Yuri said while pointing at the armor that was reflecting all the sunlight. 

"Oh. You're right, I guess. Wait, did you just say bait?"

So they entered a shop that sold Armor. 

Coming in, they were greeted by the sound of a bell ringing and subsequently a demon coming in from the back, where sounds of hammering and furnaces could be heard. 

He had large horns on which were metal accessories. 

"Welcome." he said. 

"Do you sell robes?" Yuri asked him. 

"O'course, they're just over'ere, pick something out and lemme know by ringing the bell when yer done. I'll be in the back." he said while pointing at a pile of cloth. 

"I expected someone smaller, like a dwarf." Kaizer said. 

"Demons are just as good at smithing as dwarfs are." Yuri stated, "Anyway, take off your cape. " 

Kaizer undid the chain that was hooked on a small piece of metal and took off his cape, folding it. 

The next 30 minutes were spent with Yuri holding various capes in front of Kaizer. After that she finally gave him one to try on, it fit perfectly. 

"Alright. It's this one." she said. 

Kaizer took it off again and Yuri used the bell to call for the shopkeeper. He came from the back and rung them up. 

Yuri and Kaizer left the shop and with plenty of time till it got dark, they went to a cafe. 

I hope you enjoy, next chapter tomorrow probably. 

C(^~^c) 

6