Ch 15 – Transformation
140 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Sun was about to set. 

"Let's make camp here for tonight, we're halfway to Rove," Yuri said, "We'll arrive there tomorrow."

"Alright."

Since Kaizer and Yuri hadn't brought any camping equipment, it meant they had to sleep on the ground.

Yuri snapped her fingers, and a fire appeared on her fingertips. She lit the wood that Kaizer had gathered and sat beside it.

"I'll keep watch, you can sleep." she stated.
"Why don't you sleep instead? Staying up late is bad for your skin."

"Sure." Yuri accepted Kaizer's offer and laid down, covering herself with her robe.

"You sure don't hesitate."

___
In the middle of the night, Yuri got up. She looked over at Kaizer who was leaning on a tree, sleeping. The scene before her eyes looked serene. His hair was reflecting the moonlight. 

She walked over to him and knocked on his armor.

He immediately woke up and tried to reach for his sword before he noticed that it was Yuri who had woken him.

"What is it?"

"You should sleep, I'll take over."

"I guess you're right, good night."

Yuri sat next to the campfire which was still bright with flames. 

As Kaizer laid down on the other side of the fire, she grabbed a stick and threw it in the fire. 

After the stick had burnt to ashes and she heard Kaizer's stable, constant breaths, she started singing:

"Sleep, my child, safe and warm,
can you feel the moon, shining down,
cradling in his arms, you, my child,
Sleep, for he’s heard your call,
feel at peace and harmony,
Sleep, my child."

After a moment of silence, where the crickets held their breaths and the wind rolling over the grass and leaves was the only thing you could hear, she sighed.

___

In morning, Yuri and Kaizer went on their way, reaching Rove without any incidents, entering easily by displaying the Coat of Arms and they left the city the next morning towards the border. 

They had finished three quarters of the way to the border. Since there were really no roads from Kirznah to Goran, they were in a field. 

Walking through it, Yuri started talking,"When we get past the border, please keep your face hidden."

"I mean, alright, but why?"

"I have a bad feeling. I'm gonna have Ford take a look before we get to Karmel."

With a snap of her fingers, from between the tall grass, shadow collected and Ford rose from it.

"Ford. You heard me, scout out the area and the city, come back and tell us if you see anything unusual."

"Yes, my lord."

Ford disappeared between the tall grass, and you could see shadows wavering in the direction he disappeared to.

"Hey," Kaizer said as they were walking, "I know there's two of them, but what are they?" 

"I don't really know what they are, but I'm pretty sure I made them. I also know that they're loyal to me. That's really all that matters." Yuri answered. 

"I saw that they can interact with people, but can they kill?" 

"Yes." 

"Are they strong?" 

"Fairly." 

"So... They're basically the perfect assassins?" 

"I guess."

___

Yuri and Kaizer were now over the border. It was represented by a few signs every odd hundred meters, they had been placed there by Goran. 

"We need to be careful." Yuri reminded Kaizer. 

"Alright." 

From behind them, Ford appeared. 

"My lord." 

"Did you find anything?" 

"My lord, there are wanted posters of your companion all over the city. I suggest to avoid it." 

"Thanks, Ford." Yuri responded and snapped her fingers to send him away. 

She looked at Kaizer and asked: "What do you want to do?"

"I hadn't expected this, not so soon at the least. My Stepbrother is only turning 16 in a few months." 

"Well, now that it's happening, what's your choice?" 

"Can't you help me?" 

"I can, but isn't this all about you?" 

"Please?" 

"Well, alright. This will prick and sting a bit, so please don't move." 

Yuri stepped in front of Kaizer, and put her Hands on his Cheeks. They were as soft silk.  

"You're 23 right? Where's your beard?" 

"Don't ask me." 

"Well, I'll start."

Kaizer started to bleed from his pores and the blood was streaming into Yuri's hands. He gasped for air as Yuri started molding his face. 

When the process was over, Kaizer's face was slightly changed. his wide cheekbones had been narrowed and his lips had been made smaller.

With a snap from Yuri's fingers, his hair turned black, and his eyes red. 

"You should be unrecognizable now."

"That hurt." 

"Of course it did." 

After they walked for a little more and over a hill, they saw a road leading to a small city. 

"That's Karmel." Kaizer said. 

"Let's go." Yuri responded. 

7