Ch. 17 – Weak and Lost
173 15 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The request that Yuri had taken was to exterminate goblins.

Yuri and Kaizer were in a forest to the southwest searching for the goblins and the locations they had been sighted at.

Kaizer struck up a conversation, saying, "Did you take it personal yesterday?"

"What?"

"When I talked to you about my stepmother."

"Why would I take it personal?"

"It doesn't matter, but what were you gonna say then?"

"I'll tell you some other time."

Kaizer conceded, "Alrig-" but was interrupted by Yuri. "Shh."
They spotted a group of three goblins, and followed them quietly until they entered a cave. "That's their den." Kaizer stated.

Yuri said, "Let's go in quietly."

Yuri and Kaizer quietly went into the cave as Kaizer lit a torch. It didn't go down very far until they reached the first room. In it were animal remains and sleeping goblins. 
Yuri silently signaled Kaizer, and they both unheated their swords and started slicing through the goblins necks.

After they were finished with the goblins in the room, they moved deeper into the cave. 

They entered a room, and in the middle of it, atop a pile of assorted bones and animal skins, lay two hobgoblins. While normal goblin were around the size of a ten year old kid, hobgoblins were taller than most humans. Meaning, they weren't taller than Yuri.

The hobgoblins were surrounded by around thirty smaller goblins, making this a large settling of goblins, if you included the ten Kaizer and Yuri had already killed.

You could hear the breaths these things were making, among an assortment of burping, snorting and flatulence. 
Yuri snapped her fingers and every single one of the smaller goblins immediately stopped breathing. 
Their eyes opened bloodshot and some tried to stand up, but none managed to do so. 

One of them managed to tug on one of the hobgoblins arms and wake him up, only to have his skull violently smashed and cracked by it. The hobgoblin noticed the two tall figures at the entrance of the cave, and alerted his companion. His companion groggily sat up, making the bones under him crunch and crack.

He pointed at Yuri and Kaizer, and screamed, in some sort of growls and roars that only resembled an attempt at human language. When none of his underlings listened to his orders, he became angry and picked one of them up by the neck, only to find that he was dead.

He looked back at his partner, who was just as unnerved and angry. They immediately picked up their weapons, one of them had a scavenged axe, and the other a large wooden club. They charged at Yuri and Kaizer. 

As the Axe came down vertically on Yuri, she stepped back, and struck her sword horizontally, diverting the strike to her right, while Kaizer struck his sword into the other hobgoblins mace, making a split in it. Kaizer threw the torch on the ground when he countered the strike, so their lightsource was gone, Yuri snapped her fingers and 2 spheres of light appeared, one for her and one for Kaizer.

The two hobgoblins became even more enraged, as one of them had their axe stuck in the ground and the others mace was almost destroyed.

As the axe was stuck in the ground and it's wielder was profusely struggling to pull it out, Yuri had already decapitated him, which he only noticed after feeling the blood run down his neck. His head rolled off its shoulders shortly after. Kaizer was still struggling with his hobgoblin, as their weapons were still stuck together.

Yuri searched the cave while Kaizer was dealing with the remaining hobgoblin. She found a cloth covering up a hole, and she gasped after what she saw behind it. 
It was 3 women. Two of them had hazelnut brown hair and looked like mother and daughter, while the other was blonde and young. They had bruises over their entire bodies, were shivering and cowering, as there was nothing covering them or keeping them warm. They were all malnourished and scared.

"Hey," Yuri said, while taking her hood off, "I'm not gonna hurt you." She threw her own robe and two more over each of them.

Yuri could hear Kaizer's armor clinking and rattling as she yelled in his direction, "Don't come in here. Cut off the goblins ears."

And a yell came back, "Alright?"

The blonde one looked up, and moved her dried out lips, but Yuri didn't understand anything. Yuri took her waterpouch and held it to the girls mouth, slowly letting the water into it.

And then, the girl took the water pouch and started talking while occasionally taking large sips out of it.

I had a problem publishing this, it wouldn't show up on any of the lists, only when I went to table of contents in "Edit series" hope it works now

7