Ch. 18 – Highwaymen
148 10 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uhm," the blonde asked, "What's your name?"

"Sophia." Yuri answered.

"Ah. I see. Sophia. I'm Friede."

"You're taking this surprisingly well, considering the state you're in." Yuri said.

"Well... they thankfully hadn't done anything to us yet."

"I see. What about these two?" Yuri pointed at the two other girls.

"They're sisters, Mary and Dahlia."

"I see. I'm glad we got here in time."

"Yes. Thank you so much."

"Hey, Friede" Yuri said, with a stern look.

"Yes, what is it?" She took a last sip of water, before handing it to the older sister, "Dahlia."

Yuri asked her question, "Why didn't you free yourself?"

"What?"

"You could have taken out those goblins by yourself."

"I don't understand what you mean."

"I see." Yuri looked at the two sisters, who were eagerly sharing the rest of the water. "How would you like a warm bed and some food?"

Their eyes lit up and they nodded vigorously.
"Great. How about you, Friede?"

"That depends on where the bed is."

"It's in my... House."

"I think I will have to decline."

Dahlia and Mary looked at Friede with sad eyes, and Dahlia spoke under her breath in a dry, rhispy voice, "If.. Friede.. doesn't... go... we.. won't.."

"A shame." Yuri looked disappointed. "Well, you're free to go." She tossed each of them a gold coin, and left that part of the cave.

Kaizer was in the process of cutting one of the hobgoblin's heads off, when Yuri came back.

"You're almost done?"

"Yes. Just this one's left." Kaizer threw a look to the curtain Yuri had appeared from, "What was in there?"

"Women."

"What did you do with them?"

"I killed them."

"I s- Wait, you did what?" Kaizer was shocked.

"I'm kidding. I gave them clothes and money. Let's finish up here already." Yuri chuckled.

Kaizer went to the curtain and looked through it only to see the three girls, half naked, sitting on the floor drinking from Yuri's water bottle. They all looked at this massive man standing in front of them, and blushed. He quickly turned around to Yuri who was crossing her arms. "Let's go."

So they went.

___

"Uhm..." Dahlia asked, "Friede?"

"What is it, Dahlia?"

"What do we do now?"

"We should stick together. We have money so we should be fine for a while, thanks to that woman."

"Hey..." Mary said, "I can't see anything..."

Both Dahlia and Friede realized the same thing then, "Oh."

They made their way out of the cave by keeping in touch with the right side of the wall.

"Where do we go?"

"Let's go to Karmel first and get some clothes."

___

Yuri and Kaizer had left Karmel the next day, now on their way to the North. 

Their plan was to go through as few villages and towns as possible before getting to Direlle, a trade city. North of Direlle laid their goal. The expanse of a mountain range that is Hartolle. Hartolle is largely situated in Goran, but also entered two other nations, to its east, the small Holy Nation of Menellia and to its north, a regime, the Military Union of Maime

Yuri and Kaizer were on a road, just half a day away from a village. A carriage had passed them earlier, going in the same direction as they were .

As they turned a corner at a hill, Kaizer spotted the same carriage. "Hey."

"What is it?"

"Something's... not right." Kaizer motioned for Yuri to follow him.

They went further towards the carriage, and as they came closer they could see why the carriage had stopped.

There were bandits, eight of them, standing in front of the carriage. Two guards were on either side of it, but it was clear that they had no chance.

Kaizer looked to Yuri and she nodded as she started to run alongside him. 

The bandits had noticed them as soon as they came closer, thanks to Kaizers shining armor.

They immediately tried attacking the guards, but Yuri and Kaizer had already reached their sides. Yuri on the left of the carriage and Kaizer on the right.

"Aye, lasses, why don't you put yer swords away and have some fun wit us instead?" One of the two bandits standing against her and the female guard said. 

"I have to decline, sorry." Yuri jumped forward and both of the bandits heads fell off with a look of shock on their faces.

"Uhh..." The female guard Yuri had just saved pointed her sword at Yuri. She ignored her and ran around the carriage, where she found Kaizer engaged in a sword fight with two bandits, while the guard engaged the other one. 

The fourth one was laying on the ground, his dead body bleeding out from the gaping hole that was his right side.

She attacked one of the bandits Kaizer was fighting with a vertical cut, he dodged and made a horizontal strike aiming for her hip.

Yuri blocked the strike and crossed swords with him, using her height and physical strength to push him down and back. She steered him away from Kaizer who was now behind her. As he fell over backwards, she disarmed him by kicking his sword into the air and catching it. Yuri rammed his sword into his leg, and went back to help Kaizer.

Kaizer had already cut the hands off of the bandit he was fighting earlier and was in the middle of cleaning his sword.
The male guard was sitting on the ground, next to the last bandits corpse, catching his breath.

"What about the two on the other side?" Kaizer asked Yuri. 

"They're dead." Yuri looked towards the male guard, wiping off her sword, she continued, "Let's get out of here."

"Why? They might still need help."

Yuri positioned herself in front of Kaizer, "I don't think that fame will do you any good in our situation."

Kaizer got her hint and sheathed his sword, "Let's go."

I'm sorry this one took a bit longer but all my drive just proofed away till just a few hours ago. I don't know where you all are from so this might be released at a weird time for you, lol. I still hope you can enjoy this chapter! 

¿~¿

6