Ch. 19 – Walking and Talking
127 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About two weeks ago, they saved that carriage and now, they could see the large mountains looming above themselves. 

They had went around the trade city of Direlle as it was just faster. They had gotten enough supplies to last a month in the mountains.

This was the final stretch of their Journey.

It was afternoon and they had arrived at the foot of a mountain.

"Yuri."

"What is it?"

"I.. I want to thank you for, well, coming here with me. I don't expect you to stay if it gets dangerous."

"I hoped that in this month we've been travelling together, you'd change and learn something. It is evident that you did not."

"And what would that be?"

"You shouldn't be afraid to ask for help, just like you did at the start of this. You always do everything alone."

"How do you know that?" Kaizer's sore spot had been hit, "What does it matter anyway?"

"It matters a lot. You're afraid of taking what's rightfully yours. You need to put your foot down. That's what I did. Looking back on it, it's the best thing I've ever done. What are you gonna do?"

"I'm..." Kaizer looked to the mountains, "We're gonna go, to kill a dragon."

"That's what I wanted to hear." Yuri gave him a pat on the shoulder.

She immediately disregarded the encouragement she had given Kaizer and started to walk up the trail ahead.

Kaizer sighed and followed her.

___

They were camping in a small inlet in the side of a mountain, sitting over a fire.

"Say, Yuri.." Kaizer looked at her, "Why didn't we teleport here in the first place?"

"That would have been boring."

"So, you disregard convenience based on you being entertained?"

"Yes. It's just like using magic in combat, if there's a strong opponent, why should I abuse my magic power to instantly kill them?"

"What you're saying is, 'If its not fun, why bother?'"

"Yes."

"I see." He looked at the pot filled with soup on the fire, "Looks about done. Let's dig in."

Yuri held her bowl up while Kaizer filled his and immediately started eating by dipping dried bread in it.

While blowing on a spoon of soup, Kaizer asked, "So, how do we find a dragon?"

"They live much deeper and higher in the mountains, where less people and animals are. The first thing we could try, as well as the hardest, is climbing the highest mountain here, Mount Sabar."

"How long would that take?"

"Based on where we are now, going to its foot would take us a week and climbing it would take at least two days."

"I have only a few weeks left before my step-brothers birthday and my step-mothers subsequent lobbying to make him the official crown prince."

"I have observed human politics in the past. Instead of strength and domination, your politics are based on Lies and Deception. None of the nobles care for their people, the King might but it isn't always the case, as is documented in history."

"Is that the reason for that bloodbath when I arrived?"

"Yes. I am not planning to explain to you the system I built, but maybe you should take a few notes the next time you visit."

"I will."

An awkward silence descended as they ate their soups and bread. After they finished they both sat, staring at the fire.

Kaizer requested, "Can you sing something?"

"No."

"Alright."

Yuri laid on the ground and pulled her robe around herself,
"Good night."

"Yeah, I'll keep watch. Sleep well." 

Yoooo, sorry for the shorter chapter, but I I think its a good one nonetheless. Hope you enjoy. ^3^

"If it's not fun, why bother?" 

- Reggie Fils-Aimé

6