Ch. 21 – Emperor Crashcourse
185 7 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaizer and Yuri were atop Arazania's back. It was quite an experience for Kaizer to be flying for the first time.

He had been screaming in fear the first minute of the flight but had learned to enjoy it as he got eased into it. He was hugging Yuri's waist from behind as to not fall off.

"Say, Yuri, how'd you know how to talk to a dragon?"

"Me having killed one does not mean I haven't met others."

"Why didn't you tell me from the start?"

"You didn't ask."

"Well, alright."

"Demon, is that your city?"

"Yes. That's Wite."

They were overlooking the Imperial Capital. With its tall walls, the castle in the middle and vast rows of buildings and trees.

"Where should I land?"

"On the mosaic, right in front of that hall."

As she landed, Arazania let out a roar, you could hear screams and rattling of armor.

As Yuri and Kaizer got off of Arazania, the royal guard came around a corner. The captain screamed,

"HALT! IN THE NAME OF THE Em-"

He stopped as he saw Yuri's horns, subsequently she shot a look at him.

In unison, the soldiers bowed, "We greet her majesty, Yur-"

"Yes, yes, skip the formalities. Captain, you stay. The others have the rest of the day off."

"Yes, Lord." The soldiers happily answered her, almost giddy about being able to go home sooner.

The captain put on a stern face.

"Captain, let Lizzy know I'm here."

"I will notify her immediately."

"Go home after."

"Yes, Lord."

__

Yuri led Kaizer and Arazania into the throne room.

Finally, that extremely oversized door made a run for its money. 

Arazania took to resting behind the throne. Yuri had a maid bring in a chair and was intending to sit on it. 

"My Lady, please sit on the throne!"

"Why?"

"You must! Please do not forget that you are the ruler of this country!"

"But its uncomfortable, so why should I sit on it?"

"I'll bring a pillow, so please let our guest sit on the chair!"

"Alright."

"Thank you, my lady!"

The maid wiped sweat off her forehead and went to fetch a pillow. Due to the size of the throne room, this was an anticlimactic process, including the fact that Kaizer seemed to not want to sit down before Yuri did. 

After what felt like an eternity, the maid came back, with a large, red pillow, embroidered with gold. 

"My lady." She said, placing the pillow upon the throne, after which she left. 

Yuri sighed and sat down.

Kaizer was now awkwardly sitting on the chair, placed in front of the stairs, as Yuri commanded, "Sit next to me."

Kaizer showed a face of relief and carried the chair up the two large steps, "Where do I-"

"Next to the throne." Yuri added, "I don't want to talk to you from 5 meters away."

"Alright." Kaizer placed the chair next to Yuri and sat down.

Truly, a display of power.

A dragon behind her, a tall, armored knight to her side and her crown of horns.

An object of pure fear. 

The atmosphere changed. Yuri was comfortable, her presence and mana oozing out.

She spoke in a tone Kaizer hadn't heard before, not when he met her under the moonlight, not when he saw her in her office, not when he helped her cruelly kill the nobles and not when they were travelling. It was a rulers voice.

"You want to rule your nation?"

Kaizer was hesitant, but firm, "I do."

"Good. What do you think you need as a ruler?"

"Strength."

"Only strength? You wish to rule with strength?"

"I... I do."

"Fool. A ruler who only has strength makes fear grow in their citizens hearts." Yuri had closed her eyes, "What have other rulers used to govern?"

"Money?"

"That is true, but it is not the way. You will run out of money."

"Ingenuity?"

"Yes." Yuri smiled, "Anything else?"

"Compassion?"

"Acceptable." Yuri had not stopped smiling, and as she opened her eyes they had a red glow to them. "Recount. What are the tools you have?"

"Strength, compassion and ingenuity."

"Good. Where does your strength stem from?"

"Myself and my friends."

"Are you strong enough to rule by yourself?"

"No."

"What do you need?"

"A military?"

"Yes. Where does your compassion come from?"

"My heart."

"Will your heart last forever?"

"No."

"What do you need?"

"An heir?"

"Y-Yes. Where does your Ingenuity come from?"

"From my knowledge."

"Do you know everything?"

"No."

"What do you need?"

"A mentor?"

"Good."

"Yuri, what is this all about?"

Yuri chuckled, "I will help you."

She snapped her fingers and the large door opened once again.

What entered were 10 men and Elizabeth.

Elizabeth froze as she saw Arazania, "My Lady..."

Yuri noticed where she was looking, "Don't worry. It's not mine. There will be no more paperwork."

Elizabeth sighed with relief.

Yuri spoked towards the men, "Introduce yourselves."

They all spoke and bowed in unison, "We greet the crown prince, and we pledge to serve you for due time."

Kaizer was shocked.

Yuri answered his unasked questions, "They all command a thousand men, each with the strength of a squad of soldiers from your country. This is your military."

She blushed as she spoke the next words under her breath, no longer in the commanding tone, "I- Uhm... I can't give you an heir... yet. But the time will come that..." The rest of this sentence was mumbled and unintelligible, she continued, "If you wish, I shall also be your mentor."

Kaizer did not know what to say as he looked at Yuri, "Yeah.. alright." he sighed, "But what now?"

"It's time to stage a coup." Yuri had an evil smile on her face, "A coup like never before." 

So.... Yall excited for a grandiose coup? I know I am. I'm still not that good at writing and tbf this kinda feels rushed, but I'm still enjoying it, so I guess it's fine. I remember reading a thread on here and soneone said "write what you want to read" and I guess I'm going with that. Hope you enjoy the chapter. 

Also join the discord: https://discord.gg/DZMAwVJuKu

c(^~^c) 

6