Ch. 22 – Finale
144 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A coup.

A process in which someone, or a group of people, take a decisive action, resulting in a change of government, usually by force and/or illegal means.

So, what do you need for a coup?

Lots of Magic and Men, obviously. 

___

Yuri, Kaizer and Elizabeth were sitting around a table with the Men who had pledged to Kaizer just minutes ago. 

"Kaizer," Yuri looked at him, "Do you care about them?" 

"Who?" 

"Your stepbrother and stepmother." 

"No." 

"Great, this'll be much easier." 

"What are you planning? Involve me, please."

"Alright."

___

What a nice evening. 

When I look at my garden, I truly feel no worry.

But lately, my wife has been bugging me with ridiculous problems and I feel that peace is slipping out of my hands.

Compounding with my failing health, I have not seen my oldest son in a few months. 

Oh, look. There's my errand boy, I wonder what has happened today. 

The boy spoke out of breath, "I greet the Empire's sun and-" 

"Yes, Yes, what are the news?" 

"Your Son. Your Son is here!" 

What? Kaizer? 

I immediately ran towards the throne room.

"My lord! Your Gown!"

The errand boy threw me the red cape, adorned with gold and fur. 

I threw it on, and went. 

___

I went to the throne room.

As I entered through the side door, I immediately saw him. 

My son, Kaizer. But he is sitting on the throne, beside him a woman. No, that is... not a woman. 

"Father, no, Kinly." 

"Kaizer, where have you been? Why is there a demon beside you?" 

The woman chuckled. She snapped her fingers and spoke. 

"Bow."

"Agh!" This.. this oppressive power. She is... She must be... 

"Your son has requested my assistance. I gladly accepted the offer he made." She chuckled once again. 

"What did you do to my son, demon?" 

"Please, call me Yuri." She smiled, "I did not do anything to your son. He came to me by himself, in woe about the fate his citizens were to suffer if his stepmother and stepbrother continued their schemes."

There.. there is no way.. Yuri, the Demon King? "You are lying, demon! You have corrupted my son!" 

"I have not." She looked into my eyes.

She wasn't lying. 

"Where did I go wrong?" 

"Father. You did not do anything wrong. I am only claiming the throne, not your life." 

"What did you do to Kelly and Fin? " 

"Do not concern yourself with them. It is no longer your business."

What happened to the pure boy I raised? What has he done with my wife and Stepson? 

"I see..."

I looked towards the woman, who snapped her fingers, releasing me from the power I was resisting. 

I walked towards my son. I took the crown that was resting on my head, and looked at it. 

"I..." My conscience can not allow this. 

I can not go without a fight. 

I jumped towards the woman, driving the crowns spikes into her gut. I spun the crown, blood seething from her belly. But... she isn't resisting. 

"Father, what is the meaning of this?" 

"You.." 

The woman pulled the crown out of herself, and kicked me. I landed on my back, painfully, I heard cracks, "Ugh.. Agh.." 

As I laid on the ground, the main door of the throne room opened. Entering were... What? 

"Are you done, Kaizer and Ford?" 

She, the woman, and my eldest son, were now twice in the room. The woman standing next to Kaizer dissolved into the shadows, as did her blood, and her clothes fell to the floor. The Kaizer that was standing in the doorway, did the same, as his armor clunked to the ground. They must have been shadows. 

The woman spoke again. I had not noticed till now, but her Aura was seething out towards me. It was much stronger and more oppressive than the power the shadow had directed at me. 

"So, you're Kaizer's father?" She looked disappointed, "I'm sorry that my shadow kicked you, but it should have been expected. Anyway, has Kaizer convinced you of his succession?" 

"You truly are a demon." I was already sweating, my heart felt heavy as if it was about to give out. 

"Do you approve of his succession?"

I'm sorry, everyone, I... I cannot protect you from her. 

"I give up. Do what you will." 

"Great." She started ignoring me, her auras weight all but gone from my perception, "I knew it was gonna be easy." 

My son looked sad, melancholic even, "Yes."

"Let's get set up." She snapped her fingers once again, and I was anticipating to be forced into some pose once again, but instead the loose clothes and armor disappeared. 

"Hey." The woman spoke to me once again, "Go to your garden or something, we have things to do."

"Y-Yes." 

Yes, my garden... 

___

"Kaizer." 

"Yuri." 

"You don't look happy." Yuri looked down at Kaizer holding the crown adorned with ruby. 

"It- I- I know it is the right thing to do, but it does not feel so." Kaizer sighed. 

"Don't worry. That feeling goes away after a bit." She chuckled, "Trust me, I'm speaking from experience." 

"I hope you're right." Kaizer looked up, "When is the Archbishop coming?" 

"Archbishop?" 

"You said you had connections to the church, so I thought you would call for the Archbishop for my coronation?" 

"No, no. When I said I had a connection to the church, I meant..." Yuri snapped her fingers, "Her." 

Nothing happened. 

"Oh. That's weird." Yuri snapped her fingers twice, "Her." 

In front of the stairs that led up to the throne Kaizer was sitting on, in this large room, a girl appeared out of thin air. 

Her hands clasped together and eyes closed, it felt as if a choir was singing above her. It seemed wings would sprout from her back any second. 

She noticed the change in environment, and immediately jumped from her kneeling position into a combat stance, revealing a... butter knife, that she had hidden in her white dress. 

She looked at Kaizer, and was confused until she saw Yuri. 

"Oh." She immediately relaxed and went towards Yuri. 

Yuri stepped down the stairs as well and came towards the girl. Yuri opened her arms and embraced the girl that was much smaller than her, which the girl reciprocated. 

"It's been some time, Lily." Yuri smiled kindly. 

"Yeah, but don't you think you could call me Lillian, like everyone else?" Lillian said excitedly.

"Nope. You'll always be Lily to me." Yuri chuckled. 

Lillian pouted and left the hug with Yuri, "So, why am I here, and where is here, anyway?" 

"You're in Goran. I need you to crown this man as its king." 

"Sophia, you know I can't just crown any random person king." She looked at Kaizer. 

"This man is the rightful heir though." 

"Oh. Well then, when is the coronation?" 

"Tomorrow." Yuri looked at Lillian, "You seem bothered. Is something wrong?" 

"Well... I'll tell you about it later." 

"Alright." Yuri looked at Kaizer, "Can we have some accommodation?" 

Kaizer was taken out of a daze, "Oh.. Yeah." He stood up, and pulled on a large rope, that was hanging beside the throne. 

A maid rushed in and stopped as soon as she saw Yuri, Kaizer and Lillian, "Uhm.. crown prince?" 

"Lead these ladies to some rooms in the inner circle. Don't bother them with anything else." 

"Yes, prince." She looked troubled, but accepted the order. 

___

Just a bit earlier. 

"So, what's the plan you have, Yuri?" Kaizer asked. 

"I'd say there are three major things. First of all, we need to take over the imperial city."

"How would we do that?" 

"The imperial city of Goran, Maran, has around six thousand active guards. I think, all we need to do is replace them for a time, until you're crowned and gain control of the military."

"Alright. But how do we do that?" 

"Simple. Teleportation." 

"If it's that easy." 

"Secondly, you need to... Well, you need to do something about your father. I will take care of your stepmother and stepbrother."

"I'll take care of it." 

"Alright, last but not least, the nobles."

"What about them?" 

"Don't you realise?" Yuri sighed, "They won't like the sudden change that you will bring. It is your decision, do we get rid of them, or do we make them submit?" 

Kaizer leaned back on his chair. He took a long, deep breath.

He opened his eyes and looked at Yuri, "We get rid of most of them. They're no use. But some of them are faithful to me and good friends."

"Please write those down." Yuri gave him a pen and some paper, "I will have some of my maids control the bad ones until you can find suitable replacements, or make a different decision, is that alright?" 

"Yes." 

After he finished writing down four names, Yuri took the piece of paper, "Ah, well then.." She gave the piece of paper to Elizabeth, "Don't hurt them, but keep them under surveillance, and intervene if they try anything funny."

"Yes, my lady." Elizabeth left the room.

Yuri gave more orders to the men that were in the room with them, snapping her fingers after each order, making the men disappear. 

"Well. Now it's our turn, let's get you on that throne." 

___

A fanfare, so loud, it could probably be heard throughout the whole city. 

Atop a high wooden platform, stood three people.

The current emperor, Kinly, his son, Kaizer, and the Holy Nations Saintess, Lillian.

There were cheers all around, from citizens that did not know what had happened the previous day. 

They all went silent when Kinly raised his hand.

"My dear citizens, friends, and everyone. Today is a day of celebration, as I hand down the crown to my son. I hereby abdicate the throne of Goran and pass it to my son." It was a short, depressing speech, in a tone of voice that did not call for celebration. 

However, as the saintess began to speak, everyones faces lit up again. 

"Today shall be remembered as the beginning of a new chapter in this nations history, rejoice as God himself wills this change and blesses it." 

Lillian raised her hand to the sky, with two fingers outstretched, as a thin golden beam came down from between the clouds and blue sky, connecting to them. 

As she lowered her hand, and the light faded, she touched Kaizer's forehead, his eyes shone with a bright light of their own blue color. She took the crown that was being presented to her by Kinly, and placed it atop Kaizer's head. 

Kaizer raised himself from his kneeling position and opened his arms, as if he was embracing the world. 

Cheers erupted and you could hear many girls freaking out about the sight of him. 

The coronation was over. 

___

Yuri and Lillian were in the room provided for Yuri.

"So, Lily, do you wanna talk now?" 

"Sophia, I need your help." 

So. The end. Or is it? Anyway, this was really fun. I really enjoyed seeing people read this and like it. Thank you for your support, everyone! :3 This has been the most gratifying thing I have done in a long time. I hope to entertain you even more with some of the other stuff I'm planning. You already saw the setup for at least 2 other series within this one. I plan to expand this world further, so this is by far not the 'end' I hope you enjoyed! ^~^

Join the discord: https://discord.gg/DZMAwVJuKu

5