chapter 10: entrance ceremony
966 6 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BACK TO KRELL'S POV

Waking up while hugging Lana doesn’t help in getting up early so, we’re a bit late. Even with the nagging from Kutra, Nour and Syca. The last one is sis’ personal maid, she’s a black skinned dryad, well she’s a demon since she has horns, but her lineage looks very much like a dryad, I should maybe say black barked then. Anyway, we just left the dorm and are currently rushing to the central district for the admission ceremony.

We barely made it in time but barely means that we did it! we arrived on a big plaza encircled by high buildings. The white marble and the style reminded of the Greeks temples. The plaza was filled to the brim with peoples, demons, beastkins, elves, dragonewts, dwarves, humans and a bunch of other races. We were all packed in the circular plaza, not knowing where to look until the three alleyways that leaded to the plaza from the different districts disappeared behind three gigantic magic circles made of light.

Hey, isn’t that one of those ‘only one can be left’ events !? oh well there will be two left anyway.

Soon after a magic hologram of a very old looking elf, and when you notice that an elf is old that means he could have talked to the grandfather of your grandfather’s grandfather. So a hologram of a prehistorical elf appeared from each magic circle and the began to talk.

“Hello Younglings, Welcome to the Academy! I hope that you’re ready to begin your journey on the path of knowledge. Be it arcanes, your body and the one of your foes, or war. If you are here then you strive to be the very best, am I right?”

“YES!” the crowd answered proudly.

“then your first lesson is that you know nothing. Only by knowing that will you be able to learn.”

Only a confused silence answered him

“you should reflect on that from now on, until you die. But let’s stop with this class. I believe you are all aware of the particularities of this academy. Here you are nobody, only your results will make you someone, and when you leave this place you won’t be able to recognize people you met here. That is of course if you don’t know their names, if you know who they are then it’s easy right? And that’s why your last names and titles doesn’t exist here. The princes and princesses of every kingdom are here, from the Northern Empire to the Wydda jungle can you imagine the mess if you offended someone mighty without knowing? That’s why keep your last name a secret. The Academy is neutral and as such it will not protect nor do any favoritism to anyone, not even the demon king’s children. For now, everyone should group in front of the portal leading to his district, for the few that belong to multiples districts you can go in the one you wish, if you belong there obviously.”

I decided to go with the warrior group, while sister went with the magus group. When every student finally got into a group the circles disappeared and behind them were one person. Well, that was the case here, and sis told me later that it was the same for her, so i assume that the third circle was the same. My group followed after a tall anthropomorphic insect.  A rhinoceros beetle considering the horn on his head. It was a strange expression looking at an insect that tall, a little disturbing but not that disgusting, I’ll need to get used to that. We followed him to the central area of the warrior’s district which was a vast training ground, lots of training dummies, dumbbells, blunt weapons, arrows and crossbow bolts, and more than enough space to hold three times the number of students present here.

“Now rookies, I’m Richard Rufus Reuel Ronan your head teacher for this year. As you know this is the best school of our continent as such you all need to be the elites that represent this school, can you understand that?”

“Yes teacher!” Answered the crowd.

“Then your first task is to choose who will represent your district during this year. The candidate will obviously need my approval, and don’t forget we’re all warriors.”

He then sat on the side and watched as the students started wondering about what to do.

Now’s my time to shine!

“Hey everybody! I’ kinda itching for a fight y’see so I’ll take you on, all a t the same time, if I win, I got to be the representant, if I lose, I’ll support whoever defeated me!”

I screamed as I searched for a weapon within the alleys of racks on the edge of the training grounds. After a long search I found nothing at all, so I went to a nearby fence, made of logs, and took one as a weapon. It was easily two times longer than I’m tall. And pretty dense at that, but it’s till way lighter than steel. Shifting the log on my shoulders to keep my balance I go back to the center of the field. I quickly wrap my centipede around my spine, back muscle and abdominals and then extend it to my limbs, it’s polyvalent but can’t really exert strength without a… footing? I guess that’s a way to put it.

Anyway, while I was doing that, they seemed to have concluded that one supporter was better than none, and everyone decided to rush at me. Some took the time to grab a weapon, some not. What could a 10-year-old girl with a log twice as long as her do?

I spun my log in a large cleaving motion catching five delinquent looking boys who got tossed aside and didn’t got up. A log in the ribs can have this effect. I saw the teacher talking to an unknown man who rushed away.

No time to think about that anymore: the next wave is on me. I sidestepped avoiding two spears and made a large overhead swing, jumping just before the log hit the ground. This swing crushed two arms by the way, I’m not a murderer. I used the log to move in the air, very much like pole vault and landed behind the mass of students, some were still choosing their weapons, but the main body stood before me. I gripped the log with a lot of strength, my fingers digging in the wood, creating a nice grasp on the wood. I’ll need sis to heal my hands tonight.

I really need a blade, if I cut through them, I could spin for a lot more, but with a log. I lost my momentum in mere seconds. I crouched under lot of swords and spears and delivered a low spinning kick. Tripping the nearest ones and blocking the other’s movement. And then: rinse and repeat. I made the same overhead swing as before and landed beside them. They were quicker to react this time, but they were a lot more careful and a whole 20 or so of them fled.

Their short hesitation gave me just enough time to achieve a satisfying spinning speed and I dived into the melee once more. They came at me more cautiously which gave me more time to regain my momentum after each successful hit. I suddenly stopped before it got too dizzying and closed my eyes. I ignored as best as I could the signals that I was still spinning, knowing full well that I was standing still. And relied on my hearing to strike all the incoming peoples. I’m really glad that I asked for fights in all kind of environments, dark caves and nighttime trainings are lifesavers here.

When my sense of balance stabilized once more, I reopened my eyes to a little more than 20 students still before me and a group of five waiting before the weapon racks. I quickly leapt to the big group and dived to the ground crushing their ankles with Bog the log. Yes, I named it so what? A quick roll got me back on my feet and I glared at the ones still standing, they fell on their asses and scurried away from me.

I’m glad that I managed that many enemies without moving a muscle, all this training with the blood centipede was definitely useful. Well, I definitely couldn’t have remained standing if I relied on my own muscles. I turned to the five left.

They looked a bit disturbed. They were probably waiting for me to crush a lot of them and then take me down when I’m weakened, seeing me not even out of breath after moving around like that must be strange indeed. Four of them, two women, a man and a kobold in heavy armor which sex I don’t have any idea. The kobold rushed in front and the three others stood besides him and spread slowly, in an obvious attempt to encircle me. I let go of my log and dash to the nearest, the man is wearing a roguish outfit with two daggers. I don’t have any range disadvantage, nice! I punch him in the guts and kick his body away to dash to the next woman, completely ignoring the kobold’s loud roar.

I’ll learn later that he used a taunt skill supposed to compel me to attack him, it wouldn’t have changed much but I still thank my title.

I feel a slight need to dash to the kobold instead, but it disappears instantly, and I chop the swordswoman’s carotid, she passed out with a bemused look. As I spin on my heels to face the last two, I caught a glimpse to their stunned faces before they managed to regain their composure. The woman who looks like a martial artist get beside the kobold while the two of them approach me in a careful manner. I spot Bog on the side and rush to grab it before rushing to them with the log held like a spea-a ram. And rammed in the kobold, catching the woman behind him too, I finally threw them out of the training ground. Finally, there’s the naga, a male lamia, who didn’t move during the time it took me to take care of the four.

“I yield. I have no way to fight against someone that fight like you. However, can you explain me how you can move without using a muscle?”

Oho keen eyes, I like that!

 

"I yield. i have no way to fight against someone that fights like you. instead i'll hit th favourite button."

Oho favourites, I like that!

 

I'll continue to do these jokes, exept if you guys hate it, then i'll do less.

36