Chapter 11: Duel
854 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Does anyone here have anything to say 'bout me being the rep? You're included in "anyone" Richie."

It took a short time until Richard realized that i was talking to him. I guess that as a head teacher and with that Body that's rather uncommon to be called Richie.

"Well, I approve, the other students have the final decision."

I reaffirmed my grip on Bog and stared through the whole training ground, my gaze resting on each student in the process.

"It was the deal right, if I can defeat y'all then I’m rep? I'll take your silence as an affirmation.”

That was a great battle, that’s the first time I fought such a large number of opponents and seriously it’s awesome. I think I triggered the dynasty warriors route but it’s as good as another right?

“Then as the class rep I declare that this naga here…”

“Lucius”

“So, Lucius here will be my secretary and will take care of everything that I’m supposed to do and report to me directly.”

Those looks that I got from that! So funny. I started giggling, gathering even more looks of disapproval.

“So, wanna know why I challenged y’all? Easy: I needed a good reason to fight you all at once while you’re giving it your all. And for the matter of Lucius, he is the only one that took time to observe his opponent and he even got a clue about my power. So, he’s the most deserving of the title, right?”

Richie exploded in a loud, thunderous laughter, accompanied with a screeching sound from his vibrating elytra. Seeing that the other students had no choice but to approve.

“Since we were quick to deal with the rep’s selection can I ask for a favor Richie?”

“Yes?”

“Good, let’s fight!”

I said and went to the racks to pick the biggest great sword here, I would like a bit more weighty one but that should do the trick.

I readied my stance and faced him.

“Are you some kind of battle junkie?”

“Guess so, now bring it on. Please?”

He unfolded a second pair of arms from under his elytra and grabbed a bardiche and two short swords, insect beastmans are such a cheat. He took a stance and didn’t move, guess that I should get moving.

I dashed to him with an upward strike. Only to find my blade locked in place by the two short swords while he readied an enormous strike of his bardiche. I crouched and used my unmoving blade as a makeshift shield. I grabbed the edge of my sword and rolled under him. I got up in a spinning motion using my sword’s handle as a hammer, it crashed into his left elytron and cracks appeared on it while he took a few steps back. I grabbed my sword by the handle and delivered a heavy overhead swing before he could catch his balance.

But before my hit connected, I suddenly saw the world spinning around me and heard a loud crash as my back became pain. Wall: 1, me: 0. I slide to the ground and try to get up only to find that my lower half didn’t respond anymore, I couldn’t even feel it, wait he fuckin’ broke my spine? Isn’t that kinda harsh on your student? He slowly approached me and let go of his weapons.

“Now you’ll behave right? Don’t worry a mage team is coming.”

As he lowered his body in order to help me, I suddenly got up and punched upward in his gut, only to feel my hand’s bone shatter. Damn chitin how’s it so hard I feel like I punched a block of steel and with my centipede strengthening… let’s just say that this mage team will have a lot of work.

Before he could snap out of the surprised daze my sudden ability to walk threw him in. I tackled him to the ground, got up on him and started to punch his head with my remaining fist. Stunning him more and thus making me able to continue punching him, a perfect virtuous circle. Until my mind went blank, it’s a long time since my body stopped to respond and I was punching him only through the centipede’s help. I don’t even know how I could still be clear headed while feeling this amount of pain.

………

When I woke up, I saw a white ceiling, my body was still unable to move but I could feel my lower body just right. i sat and looked around. This was a hospital room, I guess. There is nothing like the machineries from my previous life, but I can see a lot of magical circles made of pure mana in the room and a lot of screens displaying nonsensical numbers, at least to me. The door opened at this moment, interrupting my analysis as Richie got in.

“Wait how are you able to move your body isn’t supposed to be recovered enough for that!?”

“How do you think I got up with my spine fractured?”

“Magic. So why waste MP by uselessly standing still.”

“I can’t do anything more that casting status.”

“….”

I’ll let him process a bit more.

“Wait what the fucking hell!”

“Don’t worry I won’t explain you.”

“…”

“So, where am I?”

“The warrior’s district hospital, the mage team arrived just in time to see me receiving a beating. You’ll have to go through their interrogatory about how you were able to move by the way.”

“So much trouble….”

“Anyway, this was a great fight! But please take more care of your body, next time you fight like that you’ll probably die.”

“I’ll try to. For how long was I passed out?”

“Around 6 hours, it’s nearly evening. You missed the first class; it was about physical training. With a race separation, but I believe that you already studied that?”

Obviously, and a demon’s anatomy is very much like a human from my previous life, well at least for the humanoid lineages. The changes that I found on me are only the back muscles. They’re just attached in a different manner, didn’t figure why though. And I probably won’t in the future, that just changed a bit my musculation training.

“Yep, quite a lot in fact.”

He seemed a bit relieved but then he took a look ot of the window and got up panicked.

“W-well, I must go now.”

“Cya”

He hurriedly exited the room only to let a tall elephant beastkin enter the room. She wasn’t very doctor like but well, I don’t look like a battle junkie…. Yet. I just look like a young girl that tries to look older and slutty with my hotpants and tube top. I know that it’s even worse but that let me moves around easily.

 But back to our doc: she' really thick, and the little snout in the middle of her human face is cute. The only problem I see between her and me is that she isn't Lana.

"So Krell, can you explain me how is your body already able to move" I don't know who to trust between the gentle tone of her voices and the fanatical gleam in her eyes.

"No."

"So, we'll have to- wait what?"

"I said no."

"O-okay. Anyway, you'll have to stay here until your body is recovered."

"Can't you just get a mage to heal me?"

"So you wanna waste the mana and the time of a mage when you're only exhausted?" Now she looks scary. But if I’m exhausted, I should be able to leave by tomorrow right?

"Fine I get it, for how much time will i have to stay here?"

"A week at most"

"SO MUCH !?"

"Considering the state of your body yes."

"So, it's not just exhaustion, and I can get a mage to heal me then."

"..." Now that's a spooky smile for you.

" Haa fine i get it, I’ll go to sleep now."

She left. A quick check on the machinery around didn't help me find the hour... It seems that time measurement isn't that popular in this world. Wonder why though.

As soon as she left, I wrapped the centipede properly around my whole body and got up. I only have something like a bedsheet with holes for the arms tied around the neck. I'm not an exhibitionist but the only other clothing in this room is a frilly white and pink dress. I prefer to be an exhibitionist than a slowpoke.

I opened the window and looked out. Wow I’m on the fourth floor! I guess that my body can't stand the fall. I extended the centipede to my fingers, it's weird to control them like that since i didn't train with my fingers before but that'll do it. I swiftly got out and searching carefully for footing I slowly climbed up. I won't talk much about the breeze between my legs or the dangling meat stick, it was just very uncomfortable. I don't understand exhibitionists.

I finally got on the roof. After a quick glance at the building around I recognized the street pattern. The dorm is west from here, I’m happy that they aren't any warrior students, only the freshmen started school today, the others start tomorrow. And since I beat the crap out of all the 1st years there's no one out. Hope it's the same for the mages.

And it was the same, don't know why but there was no one on the streets. Good for me. 

I finally reached the dorm. As I went in a black-haired mass dashed headfirst into me. Yes Lana, I missed you too.

"Why are you here so late?"

"I dueled the head teacher. The hospital tried to hold me for a few more days, but i came back."

"You dueled the head teacher, why does that seems only slightly strange coming from you."

"You'll make me blush y'know."

"As if."

"Teheee"

"Don't teheee me. And how can you make such expressions? Don't you have pride as a man?”

"What’s pride, can I eat it?"

"I give up."

"Victory is mine! Anyway, I’ll need you to heal me cuz i can't move even one muscle. My facial muscles don’t count."

"How the fuck did you get yourself in that state?"

I quickly explained to her what happened earlier today.

"So, you overwhelmed him in the end. But you didn't do any serious damage, lost your spine and overtaxed your body to the point of not being able to move for several days."

"Yep."

"Go lie down on the bed I’ll heal you."

"Thanks!"

I went to lie down like she said. Rose was already asleep.

I buried my face in the pillow and released my control over the centipede. After a quick inspection I found out that he never consumed as much blood as today, I’ll need to feed him some more.

I suddenly felt something heavy on my back.

"Lana we can still hug later, can you just heal me for now."

I might've been a bit too dry with my answer but not being able to move my body is starting to take its toll on my mood.

"Y-yes, mis....ss."

That was no more than a breath but I’m pretty sure she called me mistress. Oho is she an M? Then should I try being an S for her? We still got time before we come to age, however.

I felt the magic flow into me and spread all around my exhausted body. It itched like hell but i couldn't really do anything about it. And strangely i didn't feel compelled to scratch all the itching places.

"You should be fine now." Said sister as the magic stopped. I suddenly felt her weight on my back once more, did she pass out? She overtaxed her mana for me huh? I got her down from my back and used her as a hugging pillow.

"Good night sis."

"Why are you here so late?"

"I went to hunt for favourites. They tried to hold me for a few more days, but i came back."

"You went to hunt for favourites, why does that seems only slightly strange coming from you."

"You'll make me blush y'know."

35