Chapter 16: healing magic and big crybaby
767 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

LANA'S POV 

I feel bloated but those I-don't-know-what steaks were divine. And that was our first real date, even if it was kinda short. After parting ways with sis’, I made my way to the magus district and went to the building where I would attend class. A lot of my vocation's other students were already here.

I joined the life-support magus vocation, there was three choices that I could’ve gone for: offensive magus which specialize in creation magic, there were then the battle-support and life-support magus. the both of them specialize in a mix of restauration and alteration magic, while battle-support focus on temporary buffs and quick healing magic, the life-supports focuses on permanents enhancements and complex healings. 

So, I’m more like a surgeon magus I think. As to why I choose that vocation, it's obviously for sis', while I do enjoy anatomy and tinkering with one's body seems very fun. My main reason for choosing this vocation is that I can help sis improve her body to withstand the full power of her centipede, and she doesn't need any quick healing since her centipede can let her fight even while she's on the brink of death. That’s why I’ll be there to heal her back to top shape after all of her battles.

While I was lost in my thoughts the teacher arrived. She's the same woman that watched the student-made lesson the first day by the way.

We followed her inside the classroom and I hurriedly took my seat beside the window and with only one other seat behind me. This place is my official one since sis' came last time. I know it's silly to expect that she'll come every time but hey without hope there's no point to keep on living right?

She started with a speech about the requests and the tutoring in the mornings. it doesn't really impact me since I can ask money from home. And anyway, sis' will probably suck dry all of the hunting requests so we're not going to run low on cash anytime soon. She also handed us our adventuring id's through telekinesis.

I focused back as the class started and the teacher's voice resounded in our minds, we still didn't see her face nor heard her voice.

"Yesterday was an introduction to the life-support vocation, anyone can remind me of the main feature of the life-support magi?"

a lot of arms shot up in the air, some others raised slowly. mine was of the latter faction.

"Yes Trundill?"

a seemingly mature dwarf, with a brown beard reaching to his knees rose up from his seat and went to stand before the teacher's desk. Well seemingly is the point here since he is 10 years old, or at least the equivalent in the dwarves' ageing system.

"The main features of the life-support magi vocation is the ability to permanently alter the body of someone with the help of magic and secondly to be able to treat any injury or illness given enough time and materials."

"Good you can go back to your seat."

why did he even bother with getting to the teacher's desk if he talked only that much?

"those two types of magic require a deep understanding of the body's functioning, that's why I asked you to research about your bodies. I hope you did your homework well, today you'll all learn basic healing magic."

She then started to weave an incredible magic circle, not by his complexity, it was only the layout of a basic healing spells. Very much like those that I used on sis. the truly incredible fact was that the circle was weaved wit light-infused mana but also dark-infused mana. creating shadows that helped to understand the structure of the circle.

"This here is the so-called root of the basic healing spell, as this is only the base, you'll then need to add all of the information of your target. you'll first need to define the area that you want to heal. if it's only a hand, a limb, the torso, etc... remember that the more area your spell cover, the more mana you'll need. The root that I provided is here to prevent any accident, however. It has been weaved in a way so that it won't activate unless it has been provided all the necessary mana to work properly. Back to our weaving: after defining the area you'll need to describe it as it was at some point in time, and then you need to add the last set of instructions which can be either: "restore as described", "boost regeneration until the described state" or "reconstruct as described". the last instructions are used to regrow missing body parts such as limbs."

While she was explaining this, she simultaneously weaved the magic circle to demonstrate what she was saying. when she finished her speech, a book floated to each student's table. when I got mine, I saw that it was entitled "Weaving restoration magic" I already know how to do this, but it doesn't hurt to know more, even more so since it was father that made the patterns that I use for me and sis'. and while he explained everything that doesn’t compare to creating your own pattern.

The exercise was rather long, well no. it was extremely long.

I barely finished to create my pattern by the end of class. Most of the other students didn't even finish to define the area, only 10 passed this stage, me included. of those ten 5 reached the final part, and we were only two to finish our patterns. me and the shy giant.

 "Well, those that finished defining the area will help the others finish next time, you are free to keep this book and practice in your dorms. End of the class."

And she left like that... Sometimes I wonder if she's shy, or just anti-social. But it doesn’t matter since its time to go back to sis'. 

I waited a bit before making my way out of the classroom, where I spotted five boys and a girl....

One boy on the ground while the girl was laughing at him and the four others beating him up. No need to have a great mind to understand what's happening here, but seriously you're all ten years old isn’t it a bit early to be into bullying? Let's just hope that a bit of fire creation magic will do the trick. Father taught me a pattern for self-defense.

As it started weaving, I finally recognized the boy on the ground. It was the shy giant... DAFUK! He already knows magic and with his body type he should be able to avoid bullying as easily as sis' avoid rules. Anyway, my circle's finished.

"Hello there! Don't you think that being bullied is more fun than bullying?" I loudly announced with my circle out in plain sight.

"What do you think you're doing, with that lousy circle? we only learned restauration magic, boys go get her."

What a noisy bitch. I directed the circle at them and poured my mana in. a burst of flames rushed toward them only to disappear right before them as I cut the mana supply.

"next time I’ll pour enough mana to change you all into charcoal. go, NOW!"

the four grunts left in a hurry, the girl. a cutie with short pink hairs, seeing her henchmen leaving her alone she calmed down a lot.

"I-I should get going right?"

"I think so too."

once she left I let go of my circle. seriously keeping it for such a long time is taxing. I approached the giant, who was still quivering on the ground.

"hey there, how are you?"

"I... I’m...fine..."

I should help him calm down.

"Calm down, everything is all right now" I gently said, patting his back."

"than.... snirfl... Thank you very much."

"There, there, can you tell me what happened."

.......

From what I understood they asked him to do their homework and when he said no they started to hit him and he was scared out of his wits. Come on boy you're 10 years old and you look like 15 already man up a bit please! and taking 20 fuckin minutes to explain only that, ugh. so, he's a magic genius but also crybaby who looks five years older than he is, that's if he's as human as he looks to be.

After making sure that he was fine I let him on his way, I still need to welcome sis when she gets back, that's my role. And if I make sure to always be useful to her maybe she won’t reject my kinks, and maybe she’ll even reward me! thinking about that made me all giddy and I went back to the dorm as fast as I could. I shall perform my (self-assigned) duties to my utmost!

But as I opened the door, I saw sis lazing in the sofa. Nooooooooooooooo! I failed!

"Hey why do you look so dejected?"

I need to find an excuse real quick!

"I wasn't here to welcome you..."

I didn't find any good one.

"Don't worry about that I left class just after they gave me my ID and went to hunt. I should go fetch Nour and my loot now, that way you'll even be able to welcome me properly."

"Yes! I won't disappoint you."

She left, now's time to prepare! Should I do the whole "okaeri onee-sama" scene? no she'll definitely say that she wants me, and we're both too young for this kind of things...*sob* Anyone, give me a fast forward potion of six years, pretty please!

*insert fading pic of a black haired loli using the [puppy dog eyes] skill*

 

hey i finally got my graphic screen/ graphic tablet with screen... dunno what it's called in English. anyway, the cover is progressing and the arts of Krell and Lana too. The discord isn't. The plot will start thickening soon btw.

 

"Hello there! Don't you think that clicking favorites is more fun than reading" I loudly announced with my circle out in plain sight.

"What do you think you're doing, with that lousy circle? we only learned restauration magic, boys go get her."

what an annoying bitch. I directed the circle at them and poured my mana in. a burst of flames rushed toward them only to disappear right before as I cut the mana supply.

"Next time I’ll pour enough mana to change you all into charcoal. Click, NOW!"

24