Chapter 19: chained greatsword arts
625 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

KRELL'S POV 

So, the colony problem has been dealt with. we still don't know how the fuck they came here but that can be figured out later. For now, I seriously need to improve my fighting capacity. the fact that i can't deal with the aliens if they are too many of them is seriously pissing me.  if i want to break that defense either i enhance my bones to withstand Bloo's power or add something to my fighting style that'll help me break through the heavy armored guys. I'll still need to improve my bones to be able to use my Atlas.

First things first my bones: the obvious way would be to improve them through alteration magic and for that I’ll need sis’ help. The other option is something like an exoskeleton, but I don’t know if inserting a metallic armature in my flesh is enough for Bloo to work with.  And I’m not really keen on blindly testing that. As for the improvements to my fighting style I need to somehow break trough the heavy armored ones and I shouldn’t forget about flying foes. Urgh so annoying but improving my bones should allow me to do sick jumps, right? so it all come down to efficiently using my centipede.

Haa I should ask sis about that after we eat, it’s too late for her classes anyway.

During the whole lunch sis was unusually silent, as if she had something to tell me dbut was wary about my reaction… wonder what it is should I confront her now or wait till she come to me herself. Il asks her later.

After we ate, I jumped headfirst into the sofa, this afternoon’s goal s to laze as much as I can:  growing stronger can wait, procrastinating can’t.

“hey, why aren’t you joining me, the sofa’s really nice y’know. And I need to ask you something anyway.”

In the last part her face brightened up, does she like helping me that much? Well, I don’t mind but I hope that she won’t try to put me before herself... I should stop this nonsensical worrying. There’s no way that she’s like that, I mean if she was that selfless, she would never have fled from father with me. Wait should i stop calling this man father since I finally got a proper one. And she sat with me on the sofa. Hug times!

…..

I kinda lost track of time here, but since nobody asked for us then no biggies, right?

“So, I got two things to ask one about me and one about you, which one do I start with?”

Why does she look that worried, does she fear me? Is she unsure about us? Even if it’s unlikely I guess that I should give her some space.

“The one about you first” she replied in a meek voice.

“Okay, so I need to ask you how could we upgrade my bones with alteration magic, and what would that require?”

“Well technically it’s doable, but there are two main problems, the first one is that we can’t do it before you reached adulthood, because if I mineralize your bones, they won’t be able to grow properly anymore. The second problem is that we’ll need to run a lot of tests to scry any possible rejection or deterioration of the altered bones, and that mean that you’ll be out for a few weeks, maybe even a month.”

She looks way more confident now that we’re talking about magic, she really loves it.

“I don’t really mind the week out part, after all I trust you to take care of me. And isn’t there a way to make the modified bones grow with me?”

“Well to do that we’ll need to modify your bones with an organic material, like lants or bones. But it would be way less sturdy. And I’m not confident in modifying your bones a second time. It’s already dangerous enough and seriously was it not for my knowledge of anatomy from earth I wouldn’t even think about trying that shit. So, when I finish modifying your bones, their structure and shape will most likely change and I wouldn’t know in which way they did, so no modifying a second time.”

“I’ll have to wait then. Still why did you ignore the first part of my sentence?”

She furiously blushed, that reassured me, I was trying really hard to be smooth there, I would’ve been kinda disappointed if she hadn’t reacted. She took her sweet time to regain her composure.

“T-then what did you want to ask about me?”

“Oh that, I was just worried about why you were acting so unusually during lunch.”

“I’m sorry” she suddenly said kneeling on the sofa in front of me “You brought me with you this morning, but I was utterly useless, I couldn’t even help you with the monsters…,I’m sowyyyy”

Wait nani the fuck?

“Hey easy there, there’s no need to cry, and why would you need to be sorry, if there’s one who should apologize it’s me since I made you skip this afternoon’s classes.”

So: more hugs! I know that I should focus on comforting her, but cuddling is so nice, I can’t help but allow a part of my consciousness to fully enjoy the feeling.

“You don’t need to put yourself before me you know, even if you want to do as much as you can for me, don’t forget that seeing you tired or hurt for my sake isn’t something that I’d like. I won’t block you from prioritizing me since it’s your choice, I just want you to know that it won’t necessarily make me happy. As for this morning I simply proposed the idea since I thought that you’ll get bored all alone.”

“Heeee, so that’s all there was to it?”

“Yep.”

“I feel kinda dumb now, worrying for nothing.”

“Don’t worry it’s all settled now, I’ll go to the warriors district, since I got a few things to ask Richie. Wanna come?”

“No, I missed today’s class, so I’ll need to do some research on my own.”

“Okay, I’m off then.”

And I went to see Richie, the short trip was uneventful, I hope something like the bullying that sis saw would happen to me, turning the tables on them sounds fun. Or should I be the bully? But kids my age would probably not support very well this kind of treatment… wait can’t I just bully the adults then? Wait why am I even having those thoughts. Making unnecessary enemies isn’t supposed to be fun.

As I mulled over those meaningless thoughts, I finally reached the warrior’s district. And I merrily interrupted the defender’s class as I went to talk to the nicest beetle that I ever saw.

“Heya teach!”

“Krell, can you at least abstain from interrupting the lesson?”

“No can do. But that’s not the main point of my presence here, even if it could. What I’m really here for though is advice. I need a way to break through heavy armors, but I can’t really augment my strength output since my body wouldn’t be able to withstand it. So, do you have any idea?”

“Well first thing I suggest is to change to either a piercing or a blunt weapon, these are way more adapted to deal with armors.”

“Something like a spear or a Warhammer?”

“For example.”

“That’s a definitive no, I will fight with a great sword.”

“Okay, then the easiest option is to find a way to immobilize us and then strike at the joints.”

Immobilize them so something like sticky bombs or rope, wait rope why not a chain? it would be so cool, my chunni soul is fired up now.

“So then using a chain as a secondary weapon, would work, right?”

“Yes”

“Thank you, I’ll go and train now.”

It’s nice that I found a chain in the weapon racks, even if it’s a chain it can still be used as a weapon apparently. I went to a secluded place and started to swing it around to get used to it, and I had to go back to the dorm before achieving anything meaningful. The next day I started to train, and did it the whole day, and still got no true results, I should’ve chosen something else than the chain, it’s so hard to swing it around properly. On the good side though, it improves my range and speed. I still can fight flying foes properly, but I should be able to deal some damage now.

Three others day passed before I had a random illumination. As I was swinging my chain around, she wrapped around the handle of my great sword, that I left planted in the ground. I didn’t bother that much and just pulled the chain, but the sword came with the chain. So, I hastily changed my motion to a cleaving one, and it’s awesome. More weight on the tip gives my swing a nice boost with centrifugal strength. And the bit of added range is just as useful. I’ll need to fashion a proper way to bind the chain to the sword. But now I know what to do: time to create a chained great sword art!

“T-then what did you want to ask about me?”

“Oh that, I was just worried about why you didn't favourite the chapters.”

“I’m sorry” she suddenly said kneeling on the sofa in front of me “i forgot but i'll do it right now!”

 

twitter : @valooEty

discord : https://discord.gg/8YNqAg8EXJ

twitch : ValooEty

i'll be streaming this afternoon, the french afternoon though. I'll draw the cover of a novel: the last primal on webnovel, and maybe work on the cover of Freedom Blades too.

23