Chapter 22: Loot !
555 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Today was a good plunder day, that carriage we attacked was quite the nice haul. We got our hands on good minerals, and good weapons. It's a shame that those demon dwarves resisted till death. Well dwarves are known for their stubbornness, I guess that's part of the reason as to why they're one of the rarest kinds of slave. It's even more of a shame that the nicest weapon of all is a chain... Seriously who order a chain made out of fuckin' Mithril! None of us knows how to use that kind of weapon, and it'll be really hard to sell it. At least we got a nice great sword for Gregory. 

Since I’m nearly done with my patrol maybe I should have fun with the slaves later. There's a really cute guy that we captured, breaking him should be nice... Hahn i can't even fool myself. How the hell am I supposed to enjoy this kind of things. It's a shame that becoming a slaver/bandit was the easiest option. If it wasn’t, I wouldn't have gone for this kind of life. I should still try to enjoy breaking him, if I can manage to enjoy this kind of things then that would make it way more comfortable to do my work...'

While the bandit was regretting that his life choices didn't let him enjoy his work as much as he wanted to. He finished his patrol and entered their hideout. A quick effort allowed him to lift the trunk and slide into the tunnel. Without forgetting to put the trunk back behind him. Not liking his work didn't mean that he shouldn't be thorough when doing it. 

"Hey guys, I'm back!"

He shouted while travelling down the tunnel that would lead him to the main cave. The unsettling lack of answer caused him to unconsciously pour mana in the circles engraved on his gauntlets, a habit that already helped him quite a few times. And he could always let it disperse later. 

However, what he found in the main room was a young girl, barely twelve, in a rather revealing outfit who could even be called slutty... Her battle-ready stance, the great sword and the blood that covered her however explained fairly well the twelve corpses on the ground...

He didn’t have much time to ponder over why there wasn't any blood on them even though they sported heavy wounds. The reason? The girl was already charging him with her great sword forward.

'How the hell did she take them all on? And why the hell did I screamed, fuck! She must be skilled if she took the twelve of them on, so the action to ensure my survival should be surrendering right? Right, let's do this.'

"I surrender"

And he fell on his knees, hands up in the air.

...............

KRELL'S POV 

As soon as I charged him, he surrendered and fell on his knees. Pretty smart if you ask me... Well, I was more or less expecting him to try me, seems that he isn't dumb.

And seriously why am I even disappointed, we're not in some kind of dumb wuxia novel. People aren't just some dumb fodders with excessive pride.

Better be careful since I can see mana infused in the magic circles of his gauntlets.

"Hey, throw those gauntlets away."

He looked a bit surprised, but still took them off and handed the to me. The mana, released from his control, quickly dispersed.

So that's how it works, a magic circle is engraved in the metal plate that protect the hand. It should ease the magus' work a lot, he only has to worry about properly weaving it, he doesn’t need to worry that much about maintaining the shape of the spell. I should give them to sis.

"So, can you tell me if you guys attacked a smith's carriage earlier today?"

“We did.”

So, he won’t resist, make it easier for me, and probably for him too.

“Any prisoners?”

“They were dwarves.”

Seems that it’s an answer by itself… Wild guess: dwarves are stubborn.

“Okay and the loot?”

“In the second cavern with the to be sold slaves.”

Seems that they double as slavers and bandits. Make it all the better for me, I won’t have to explain why I butchered them.

 “Well then take me there.”

“Follow me.”

He guided me to the back of the cave, hidden by the poor light there was a tunnel. Which led us to a second and smaller cave with only a lantern hanging from the ceiling. There was a large amount of crates on the right, directly in front of me there was a messy pile of weapons. To which I instantly rushed hoping to find mines. My hopes weren’t disappointed, and a quick search allowed me to find them. A black chain with rectangular pointy links. One end it sported a sharp hook. And the other was attached to a large leather belt. I wreaked havoc through the crates until I found one filled with tanned furs.

I cut a large strap and wrapped it around my arm, and then wrapped the belt several time around it to fix it properly. And then I coiled the chain around my new armguard. I settled the hook in my hand for now, I’ll find somewhere handy to attach it but this’ll do for now. Still my arm became pretty massive and heavy with the two meters long chain fully coiled around it. Wait I still need to carry the two great swords around… I quickly undid my armguard and used the chain to bind the new one across my back. I can still attach the other one but let’s keep it ready, the last bandit might want to try something funny.

Still this new blade is a perfect replica of Atlas, only that she’s made of heavier materials. Well, she’s not cursed so there’s no way that the weights can compare.

This blade is beautiful: a big golden ring around the size of my head from which start the blade on one side and the handle on the other. A black blade with a glassy red edge with a rounded end in place of the habitual pointed tip. Yep, it’s brutal. And the ring is perfect for my hook.

As I focused back on my surroundings, I noticed the four slaves. They were quivering… it should be the cold right? There’s no way that I frightened them that much right? Fuck I shouldn’t have laughed like that when I found my weapons.

There were three men and a girl. So: there was an elderly man, a wealthy man (judging by his belly and the remains of his clothes) he was the most frightened. Then a cute black-haired man… boy… Boy would fit better his face but he’s tall, like real tall. And then the girl. Her eyes were completely black, and she seemed dazed, disconnected. Well, if I unbind them, they’ll start to think that I’m here to save them right? And I can already see fatty trying to order me around, yep not a really good idea. And if I take them back, they’ll probably start talking about this place which mean that there will be people to contest my right to the loot. And I’ll definitely not let this happen.

As such, I bound the bandit with the slaves and exited the cave. Now time to find a proper boulder to replace that shitty trunk. It took me a while and the moon was clearly visible when I finally sealed the cave. Now time to go back and sneak in the school. I hope that sis already went to sleep… I shouldn’t get my hopes up, knowing her she’s still waiting for me to come back.

Again, I ran for quite some time before reaching the Academy. And since it’s nighttime the gates are closed. Seriously, I need to sneak in my own school… 

How likely on a scale from 0 to 10 is that to happen?

Easy: -10

Anyway, there are guards on the walls so how should I get in… I spent a lot of time wondering until I had an epiphany: why not just ask nicely? And, well, I’m confident in my ability to escape, so no biggies, right?

I jumped and landed on top of the wall. As I landed with all the discretion of an elephant, I’m still carrying two great swords, a guard saw me.

“ALERT, WE’RE UNDER ATTACK!”

Couldn’t he be someone nice and ask me why I’m here first? Well, if he did something like that he would be a terrible guard but still.

I showed my ID and while he was looking at it dumbfoundedly I tried to shove it in his hands. Which obviously didn’t work. He was even more lost after this.

“You see I’m a student here, you just had your proof, and I’m kinda late, I hope you’ll let it slide! I’m Krell Symbios by the way, cya!”

And I jumped from the wall onto the nearest ceiling, before making my way toward the dorm building, jumping from one ceiling to another.

 

HELLO! missed me? anyway i'm back to writing ( and school) so we're back to two chapters a week.

"So, can you tell me if you guys attacked a favourites carriage earlier today?"

“We did.”

So, he won’t resist, make it easier for me, and probably for him too.

“Any reviews with the favourites?”

“Yes.”

GOOD! now they're mine

“Okay, give them, now!”

18