Chapter 23: Petting
692 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When i finally opened the door to our apartment i was greeted by the sight of sis sleeping on the ground. She must've waited for me to come back.

Seriously she should take better care of herself... Well, princess carry time!

It's a shame that she wasn't awake though, i would've loved to see her face as i carried her. Guess that I’ll have to do it again, when she's awake.

I carried her to our bed and made myself comfortable. Nested in pillows with her head on my lap.

Now how should i deal with tomorrow, I definitely need a carriage. And while i can buy one it would be an utter waste as i wouldn't really have any other uses for it. If i go to the administration, it's more than likely that they'll reclaim the loot themselves and then reward me. The other way is to ask the smiths for help, given my réputation with them i should be able yo keep a part of the loot but not everything.

And if i eventually manage to take all the loot for me I still need to sell them. The raw materials shouldn't pose much of a problem but the weapons... Well, the custom made ones might be recognized and i don't have the skills necessary to modify them properly. And finally, the slaves... I think I should be bothered by this concept but strangely enough I don't really care. Did my morals die with my old body?

Anyway, there are no slave market in the Academy so I can’t sell them here, and they're useless for me...

Maybe I should stop petting sis' head in her sleep... Like, she's definitely not a cat...

…Nope, don't wanna. It feels way too good.

Back to our loot, how should I handle those slaves and the carriage. 

Argh I don't have any idea, seriously my thinking speed is way too slow compared to my previous life. It's like my brain himself was slower. And it's not really a nice sensation. Guess that's what i get for not choosing a high Int build.

But since it's way past midnight on the magic clock I’ll just go to sleep 

..........

"Hey wake up sleepyhead!"

Nope.

"5 more min... hours."

I definitely overestimated my body, since Bloo is strong as hell I tend to forget that I’m still ten years old. And so, I need to sleep.

"You know, it's already 12am."

Fuck.

"Guess I need to get up then, wait a bit."

I took a quick shower... A magical one obviously, but still. How did they came up with showers already but not clocks?

I brushed my hairs and tied them in a messy ponytail, then got clothed in my habitual style. And ready! 

Now time to eat, i Wonder what Nour made today. 

I made my way to the main room where sis and Kutra where chatting on the sofa while Nour and Syca were busy cooking. 

So, I joined the sofa gang... I suck at cooking anyway. And since I nearly forgot about Kutra's existence it's only fair that i get to know her more, or at least try.

"Morning girls, how was the night." 

It's not too awkward right?

"It was fine, thank you." -Kutra 

"Well, it was great, but most of all I had a strange dream. Sis, can you pet my head I need to check something."

Wonder what she needs to check... but it’s good to pet her, so, here I go.

Wait she’s seriously purring… If she keeps on doing things like that I’ll seriously start to think that she’s a cat.

“Yep, I was right! my dream was about me being a cat and sitting on someone’s lap while being petted. Ad I felt that I knew the hand, so I asked to check. And they’re truly similar. Even if it wasn’t supposed to be your hand, I’ll consider that it was.”

Ah, it’s definitely my fault right. and what’s with her dreaming of herself as a cat?

“Well, if you enjoyed it that much maybe I should pet your head for real.”

I didn’t expect the hopeful look that she showed… well if she likes it who am I to disagree.

I sat cross legged, rested her head in my lap and started petting her. I feel like I’m forgetting something… it shouldn’t be important right?

As I looked around to see if lunch was ready, I noticed Kutra who was awkwardly looking at us… so that’s her that I forgot. I feel like I’m mean now, not that I feel bad about it. But I did say that I should get to know her.

“Well, Kutra?”

“Y-yes.”

Gosh no need to be so nervous.

“Please relax a bit will you, I’m sorry if it’s awkward for you to see us like this.”

But she’ll have to get used to it since I plan to make this a habit.

“N-No, it’s not like that.”

“I’m pretty sure that it is, so relax.”

“Yes.”

Seems that she calmed down a bit.

“Then, are you aiming to become a magus like sis?”

“Ah, yes I choose the battlemage vocation."

"Oh! And what's your elemental affinity?"

"I-it's a bit shameful..."

"How so?"

"I'm a plant element user..."

"Isn't that the combination of the earth and water elements? A bi elemental affinity isn't shameful in any way, and it's not like you can't use spells who aren't from the elements you have an affinity with."

"Well, it's not the combination of two elements in the sense that I can't use them separately. I can't harness earth mana or water mana naturally."

"Ah... Now I get it. Well you can just cast spells of other elements using plant mana, spells consume mana whatever its origin anyway."

"That's not the problem, it means that I can only weave with plants."

"Oh..."

"Exactly."

"Well which plant do you use for weaving then?"

"Usually, I do it with flower's roots."

"Why not vines?"

"Vines?"

"You don't know what it is?"

"No..."

Wait, I don't know shit about botanic of this world... Not that I knew much in my old. Still if I know the equivalent in this world's language, I must've read it somewhere, so, it definitely exist.

"It's a rope-like plant."

"Rope-like? Like it would be perfect for weaving!?"

"Yes."

"WHERE CAN I FIND SOME!"

Wow she's got a dangerous look... It changes from her usually meek character.

"Tropical forests."

"Tropical?"

"Hot and humid."

"Oh! I heard that orcs live in such forests in the southernmost part of the continent."

Good i won't have to say that i don't know where to find it.

Ah lunch's ready! 

It was bonejaw steak! As delicious as ever. I should definitely teach more recipes to Nour if she's such a wondrous cook. I should still make sure that she likes cooking before dumping it all on her...

Anyway, that was delicious. Now let's get to serious work: Time to find a carriage!

Wait Kutra's a noble! Maybe she can help me?

"Hey Kutra, could you help me with finding a carriage. I need to secure some loot from my last hunt. but if I go to the administration, I’m worried that they would try to contest my right to the loot."

"Is it indiscreet if i ask what kind of loot it is ?"

"Yep."

"Well, you're in luck I can help you, I’ll remember that you're indebted to me though."

"Tch."

"I'll be back in a while with your carriage, so wait for me!" She said while rushing out of the room.

Well then back to petting sis... I still need to take care of my new weapons... Yep procrastinating while petting sis is nice.

Kutra came back mere seconds later.

“Heh you’re still at it? even after two full hours?

Oopsies. I guess?

“Two hours? Time sure flies” -Lana

“Yep, petting your head might be the next way to travel through time, well only towards the future but still.”

“Krell I got you a carriage suitable for transporting materials.”

“Good, I’m coming. And sis don’t you have classes in the afternoon?”

“We’re Sunday y’know…”

“I didn’t, but see you then, and I might not come back at all before tomorrow evening. So, don’t you dare sleep anywhere else than the bed tonight.”

“Got it, bye.”

She’s seriously sulking now. And why am I even starting to feel bad.

I went outside of the building and was met with a large wagon with two… Horses? They look like horses, but they have spikey bones pointing from their joints, claws instead of hooves and sharp pointy teeth. They’re definitely carnivorous.

“Thanks, Kutra that’s big enough for all my loot. And how fast exactly are those…”

“Scrapers, they’re called scrapers. Well, they can do the travel between the demon capital and the academy in a bit more than half a day, with an empty carriage that is.”

If I run at full speed, I should be bit quicker than them… And considering that I’ve been feeding Bloo quite thoroughly I shouldn’t worry about him tiring on the way. At worst I’ll hunt something on the trip.

Well then back to favouriting chapters... I still need to take care of my new weapons... Yep procrastinating while favouriting chapters is nice.

Kutra came back mere seconds later.

“Heh you’re still at it? even after two full hours?

Oopsies. I guess?

“Two hours? Time sure flies” -Lana

“Yep, favouriting chapters might be the next way to travel through time, well only towards the future but still.”

Discord Twitter Twitch

18