Chapter 25: Low poly
659 8 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

LANA'S POV 

Sis went away... But most of all she stopped petting me! 

She needs to get back here as fast as possible, now that she gave me that much pleasure, she needs to take responsibility!

Hummm I Wonder if i love being fluffed or if I love being fluffed by Sis...

"Kutra, can you help me with something!"

"..."

She's not there? 

She accompanied sis out about an hour ago, shouldn't she be back by now?

I got up and went to the window. And I saw Kutra holding two scrapers and waving at sis who was leaving, pulling a carriage... 

Were they really slow or is this night gonna be a reaaaaaally long one...

So, I lazed on the sofa a bit more.

Kutra finally came back, time to ask.

"Kutra, can you help me with something?"

"Yes?"

"Fluff my head."

"...wait what ???"

"I want you to fluff my head, isn't it clear enough?"

"Well y-yes, it is, but wouldn't that be terribly indecent?"

"I don't care, and I’m the only one here who can care."

"But still..."

"Just do it."

"O-okay...here I go."

I felt her hand brush against my head and... Well, nothing much. It was nowhere near sis' petting. So, there's no reason to be worried! Sis is my only one! 

Now what should I do... I still have a long and lonely evening to spend... Well, I’m not really lonely since there's Kutra but still.

As i wondered about what to do I unconsciously started to gather my mana and materialized a cold white flame.

Now that's a good idea, I can just train my mana manipulation. My elemental affinities are a bit strange but father said that it wasn't that strange since I was of the demon king lineage.

My elemental affinities are ice&fire, light&darkness and chaos&order. The point being that I can only produce a mana of both fire and ice element or both light and darkness etc. MyThis affinities make a combination supposed impossible the only thing I can do. 

In fact manifesting two kinds of mana at the same time is hard, but manifesting two that are so opposed is beyond difficult. So, I’m kinda grateful towards my affinity.

Maybe i should try manipulating mana directly and not only through magic circles. it's not really used that much because cost-wise magic is way more efficient but I wonder if it can be shorter than magic to use. Because weaving can take pretty long since you have to carefully control your mana while maintaining the thread form and then pour mana in the circle without inflating the thread. how the hell did they come up with magic circles anyway?? 

I spent most of my evening training my weaving speed, as such I manifested light and darkness mana and then stretched it into a thread. with this I started to weave it and produce arachnean structures a pyramid, a classic web, an hexagonal pattern, a low poly 3D representation of sis...

...

I can't really remember what happened that evening I was working on my 3D weaving of sis... maybe I should question the goal of my existence.  Wait no I already know it. I should seriously find something to evaporate all of that free time till our 16th birthday... it's a shame that videogames don't exists. 

I think it would be possible to create one with mind magic, by playing tricks on someone’s mind and making them see something else. But it would need some enchanting to make the spell autonomous so that even mana-less people could operate it. Hey, I could be a pioneer of videogames in this world! Only that I would never be limited by hardware... well I might be limited in the complexity of the spell, like if you need to pour mana during a whole year to make it work for 1 day it might not really be worth it.  

Letting that aside it's time to sleep...

...

...

I can't sleep...

It feels strange sleeping without sis. even when we were still in the mansion, she would join me or I would join her to sleep. the only exceptions were her hunting expeditions... at those times I mainly focused on reading and didn't sleep or fell asleep on my books. I'm seriously way too dependent on sis... and I know for sure that she won't always stay by my side, I mean it's sure that she will travel. but I’ll make sure to be her only one. NOBODY can take her from me.

Now that I’ve finished my yandere phase, time to sleep I need to wake up tomorrow.

................

Nour's cooking is truly incredible, since sis let her learn how to cook Bonejaw she had been studying cooking quite a lot. It's nice that she enjoys it that much. And we enjoy it too.

So i need to do something and i can't go back to my 3D weaving, even more so since the mana dispersed during the night. 

Since i already trained my mana manipulation i should train my manifestation.

So, I tried to produce mana of the ice and fire element and it came out as a white chilly flame, well Nour, Syca and Kutra said it was chilly. I didn't feel any cold myself, is that because it's my own mana? I quickly dismissed the hypotheses that were coming to my mind and focused back on my white flame. 

Since I have an affinity for both elements maybe I can reverse this flame? Like turning it into a scorching icicle. As I focused on this idea the flames started to slow down and began to reassemble in an icicle shape. I had to ask confirmation to Syca and indeed, it was quite hot.

Now the next step is to try and separate the two basic elements. it was actually pretty hard to do, I could materialize a flame and an icicle, but they acted like magnets and maintaining them apart was impossible to sustain for long. in the end I had to let them stick to one another and then the problem that arose was that the fire was melting the ice... I don't know why I didn't expect that, but the solution came quickly since all I had to do was put some of my cold flames and burning icicles in between to make a junction. and after that there wasn't that much training that I could do except for my two other affinities and my overall mana pool.

So, i decided to try and use the darkness and light element, I don't really want to mess with reality with my last affinity. I don't even know how conceptual mana is supposed to manifest. I don't even know how it's possible to have a natural affinity for a conceptual element... I shouldn't dwell on that too much, or at least not without a BIG library and a few months’ worth of time to research properly.

My experiments with light and darkness mana resulted as such: a radiant darkness, very much like a lightbulb, that produced darkness. A neatly defined light, like how you can see the limitations of a shadow. and finally, a weird mix between the two, however i didn't need to put the mixes of the two elements in between to stabilize the mana.

I was forced to stop when Syca came to remind me that i had classes this evening and that if I wanted to attend them I should go and eat.

Quite a reasonable advice if you want my opinion. The class was a weaving practice which means that i found it quite easy, but it was interesting and useful nonetheless.

the most noticeable thing was that shyguy, why did I come up with such a nickname.... he doesn’t even look a bit like them. Anyway, shyguy kept on fidgeting while insistently looking at me. it's kind of habitual at this point, he did that since I saved him. Even though he seems to do it less and less recently. The true event was that he actually came to talk to me! 

"H-h-hell-llo"

I forgot that stuttering... i might have to do the conversation in his stead if he's that shy.

"Hello, why did you come to see me?"

"I-I-I w-want t-to th-th-ank y-you."

God it's gonna be goddamn long... I shouldn't be too harsh on him, but still, it's annoying.

"Well, you're welcome, may I know why though?"

"Y-you s-s-saved m-me."

Took him long enough.

"You..."

"Wait! p-please I n-n-need t-to tell y-y-you some-some-something:"

"Go ahead."

He took a deep breath and given his size that was truly deep.

"WILLYOUGOOUTWITHMEPLEASE"

It took me a bit of time to process what he said, but looking at his crimson face confirmed what I just heard...

NANI THE FLYING FUCK?

"Why would i?"

"Huh?!?"

Why does he seem so stunned by my answer?

"We never really talked, why are you so surprised that i rejected you?? and I’m already fiancée with someone else."

Does it count as a lie since our love wasn't publicly announced?

Hey there sorry for not updating last weekend, I had a few personal problems (nothing important, just time consuming) and I couldn't really find any time to write in between my homework. Hope you enjoyed going Back to Lana's POV, cya!

 

"Wait! p-please I n-n-need t-to tell y-y-you some-some-something:"

"Go ahead."

He took a deep breath and given his size that was truly deep.

"WILLYOUFAVOURITEMYCHAPTERPLEASE"

It took me a bit of time to process what he said, but looking at his crimson face confirmed what I just heard...

NANI THE FLYING FUCK?

"Why wouldn't i do it?"

 

23