Chapter 29: meeting
364 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

KRELL'S POV 

I can feel sis on my lap and a stinging pain in my belly, i'll just pretend that i'm okay.

Soon the door opened distracting me from the pain and Kutra entered the room followed by a short boy with a really dark skin, nearly black. Even though the demon kingdom and the school both present a wide palette of skin-tones i can only remember Syca who sport a darker skin, and since she's a dryad it's bark. I asked her since the entrance ceremony.

Back to the boy, he also had messy hairs. i think dreadlocks would suit him more but it might just be my earthling's stereotypes.

Anyway the second boy who followed Kutra was as tall as the first one was short. If it wasn't for his childlike face i would've said he was fifteen. The short bob haircut also added to this childlike   appearance. If sis hadn't brought him along i would've said that he was Delusional asshole. He fits the description to a T.

As soon as the three entered the room the big boy began to blush furiously and seemed to be fixated on the display that me and sis were offering. Well i'm giving her a lap pillow, but how is that embarrassing ?

He noticed my questioning stare and started to explain himself with a lot of stuttering... I didn't even listen him, too long of an explanation. Instead i focused back on the two others.

"So, Kutra, care to make the presentations ?"

"Yes, so you two this is Krell. The strongest person i've ever met. See that sword against the wall ? She wield it as swiftly as a dagger."

Did you only notice my strength ? Well it's one of the most obvious points but still we live in the same dorm since the start of the year...

"And this one in the back who's looking at the window like a caged bird is Lucius, he's a skilled and witted warrior and the class rep of the first yers warriors."

Oh right, i nearly forgot that he was here. 

"The giant one is Gret, a magus with lightning, wind and water affinities and he's learning the three magus' vocations. And the shorty is Dorion, a defender and offensive magus with earth element affinities."

"How come affinities are important, i thought that whatever mana you pour in a magic circle would do the same thing ?"

This time it was sis who answered, Gret seemed intent on doing that too, but he was busy blushing and looking at sis. I'll seriously need to teach him that she's mine.

"Well affinities are irrelevant to magic itself, but since a magic circle takes a long time to weave sometimes it's better to directly make use of mana. For example : if a magus is attacked before he can finish his magic circle his only Choice would be to rely on mana manipulation, like making a wall with earth or just shocking the attacker.

Although that's faster it consume a lot more mana so it's an emergency solution only."

"That make sense, so Gret here isn't suited for frontlines because he has no way of protecting himself on a short moment notice."

"Exactly."

"Well now that it's settled, glad to meet you two i guess that since you followed sis her you've got no qualms about joining my team"

The first to answer was Dorion while Gret took a bit more time to compose himself: 

"i got none, in fact i'm quite happy  that we found a team that strong and so quickly at that."

"Well i'm happy of course but i don't really understand how you have the guts to call it your party. As i'm most likely stronger i would like to assume this rôle. A-and you-ou sh-should sto-o-op this i-inde-decent behavior y-you b-both are-are si-sisters."

I feel like he'll be a pain in the ass, well i just need to beat some respect into him.

"Since you claim to be stronger, we'll have to fight, tomorrow  morning seems good to me, Alright ?"

"Yes !"

"Good, as for my behavior with my sister i don't believe you have any right to dictate it, what's more we're already fiancées. Though we still have to announce it publicly."

He looked utterly shocked, i guess that it's about our relation.

"Lana !? Is what she said just now true ?"

The shock even made him forget his shyness.

"Yep"

"But the both of you are sisters ! And women !"

I thought  that this world was accepting in terms of sexuality, but maybe it's just the demon capital... And well it's a medieval setting so i can't really understand why us being sisters is a problem. I doubt that they found out about chromosomes and trisomy.

Seeing that Lana didn't care enough to answer and was acting like a lazy cat i had to answer instead.

"I don't really see any problem with that ?"

"But it's wrong !"

"How so ?"

"Because... Because it's wrong !"

Ok that's gonna be a though one, Lana you'll pay for leaving me alone on that one. And don't think that i didn't see you three hiding in the kitchen.

"Remember, we're demons. You can't really apply human standards to us. As such relations between brothers and sisters are fine. Heck! Even a relation between a parent and his son/daughter would be fine. Though the parent would be quite messed up in my opinion. And relation between the same sex just happens y'know."

He looked really lost. well, i don't really care.

***

The evening was spent chatting and familiarizing with each other. Except delusional asshole (sis confirmed that it was him) who didn't approach me nor sis. And instead was reflecting. I'm not inside his mind but my best guess would be that he's still struggling with the concept of same-sex relationships.

I kinda forgot that we're a bunch of kids. I mean sis and i aren't really and all of the others act with maturity, i reckon that being a noble mean that they had to mature fast. Politics and all this shit y'know.

the evening after the three boys left was uneventful, except for sis that refused to leave my lap. She claimed that it was her rightful reward. So i had to feed her and carry her around. Not that it was bothersome, i definitely enjoyed it.

But now it's morning and i got things to do, i released sis from my embrace. Heh i can't believe that I am the one who use her as a body pillow and not the other way around.

And then i silently left the room, a quick meal and shower later and i was on my way to do my daily request.

What should i pick today ? bonejaws aren't fun anymore now that i've got a sword. Collection requests are boring as hell. Well i ran around the city skimming through the requests on each board that i could find.

And finally i found it: a subjugation request for a bigger badder and stronger monster than the bonejaws.

Well i say monsters but in fact they're this world's animals. There are no such things as a classification or a clear distinction between "monsters" and "animals". I just say monsters 'cause it's way cooler than animals.

Now back to that request it's about hunting a monster who regularly ransack the pastures around the Academy and goes around eating the livestock. It's not that dangerous since the teachers haven't already dealt with it. It's still written that no students should do this request alone and that the Academy won't take responsibility if any death were to happen during this request.

It might be a bit presumptuous but i think i'll be fine by myself. I mean i only got stronger since the start of the year, and now i even have my chain and my sword.

According to the request form the beast was called "prousche" it looked like a malnourished hound wit a long tail and his inferior jaw was parted in the middle making it look like an insect's mandibles. The saliva of the prousches is extremely poisonous and they often spit on their claws to make them deadlier. 

Apart from it's poison it's also renowned for its speed which could make it a difficult fight. I hope that it won't try to stall as soon as he grazed me with his poinsoned claw. That would most likely mean that i'll need to flee, and i don't want to flee. Oh well i'll figure it out if it happens.

A quick glance at the sun's position confirmed me that it was still early morning, i'll do my duel with delusional asshole when i come back.

The guard at the gate let me pass quite easily, judging by how often i go out it's obvious that all of the guards who have guarding duties know me. They still ask for my student ID though.

Once outside i didn't go toward my usual hunting spots but instead headed to the last place that was ransacked by the beast. Since i now know the area around the Academy fairly well the hunt shouldn't be that long.

Well now that it's settled, glad to meet you two i guess that since you followed sis her you've got no qualms about favoriting my story"

The first to answer was Dorion while Gret took a bit more time to compose himself: 

"i got none, in fact i'm quite happy  that we found a story that good and so quickly at that."

"Well i'm happy of course but i don't really understand how you have the guts to call it your story. As i'm most likely cooler i would like to assume this rôle."

"Go die."

15