Glossary
9.8k 16 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Obviously, there’s spoilers in here. Don’t read it if you just started reading the novel.

---

Terminology

- Hosts: Living beings of all races taken in from countless different Worlds and Realities by the System to nurture. They are each assigned a Potential Value ranging from F- to S+ the moment they join and are made to participate in an Initiation and a Tutorial before being allowed to climb the Plateaus. They all possess a Status Window, the ability to level up, and distribute Attribute and Skill Points to grow stronger.

- Local: Living beings that were created by the System or were born in it. They do not possess the ability to manipulate their status like Hosts do and can only train to achieve proficiencies and skills. Children born from Locals and Hosts are called Descendants and share a Host’s privileges. Additionally, Locals have the special privilege to hand out Quests to Hosts of which the rewards will be provided by them; Skills, Items, Money, Titles, Experience.

- Wilden: The name used to address the monsters birthed by the System. They all possess the ability to grow stronger with limited control over their status. They also are required to learn their abilities on their own but they can be fostered to higher stages by becoming a Host’s Pet.

- Plateaus: Pocket worlds that make the structure of the System. Each Plateau has different characteristics but it is only at every 5 Plateaus that the landscape changes drastically, ranging from the plainest of meadows to the most barren of deserts.

- Talys: Currency used within the System by both Locals and Hosts. There exist two variations to it called Teilys and Tur. The former is the currency used in the Shops made exclusively for Pet Creatures and the latter is the physical version of Talys, employed during special trades and when a Local or Host wishes to carry or stash their money.

- Trials: Tests that Hosts must go through to promote from one Plateau to another. These trials require to be completed within three years or else the Host will be severely punished.

- Ordeals: Challenges randomly generated by the System. They include all sorts of tasks of which the completion will offer rewards depending on the Host’s performance.

- Dungeons: Structures with a varying number of floors, with each floor generally harder than the previous one. The last Floor is where the Boss awaits and it is known that each Dungeon has special hidden conditions to trigger a Hidden Boss. Bear in mind that monsters within are not considered Wilden and can only vary in strength thanks to the difficulty chosen upon entry. Every time a Dungeon is completed, it will resurrect every monster it held.

- Dungeon Tears: Occasionally, Dungeons do not have a physical presence in a Plateau and are located within a locked dimension. In which case, it can only be accessed through a Dungeon Tear; an oval dimensional portal.

- Reset: Every month, the System will conduct a Reset on every Plateau. Dungeons will change locations and parameters, Ordeals will disappear and then be generated again, damages to the landscape will be fixed, corpses will be cleaned, Wilden will be repopulated if the count turns out to be too low, and other things might get deleted by the System due to their lack of usefulness for the Hosts’ growth.

 

The only way to evade the Reset is to claim land with rare Items and if a society is created, the Reset will go through several criteria before deeming that place resourceful enough to be preserved. Dungeons, Ordeals, Trials that do not change after a Reset are labeled as ‘Recurring’.

- Pavilion: The most powerful organization in the System, originally founded by Locals but eventually co-managed with Hosts. They possess valuable members that made it an essential place for Hosts to exchange their goods, buy or sell equipment, take on Quests, and indirectly communicate with the System’s core program on special occasions. It is also the only relay point to travel from one Plateau to another. In the past, before its creation, only Locals were able to ferry Hosts across Plateaus and that became the main reason why the Pavilion was created.

Pavilions exist on every Plateau and most towns and cities. However, on each Plateau, there is a main Pavilion built around a Terminal, the access point of the System’s inner workings. It can be accessed from any Plateau through a dimensional link that connects them all.

---

Item Rarities

Gray < Green < Blue < Orange < Purple < Red < Gold

Special Cases: Exotic / Unique

---

Path Rarities

Common < Rare < Epic < Legendary < Unique

Special Cases: Exotic

---

Skill Ranks

- Normal (Lv.1~10)

- Ascended Skill (Lv.11~20)

- Demi-God Skill (Lv.21~30)

- Divine Skill (Lv.31~??)

---

Dungeon Difficulties (not all Dungeons have the full selection)

Easy < Normal < Hard < Fiend < Hell < Fatal

---

Pavilion's Honor Ranks

Bronze < Steel < Silver < Gold < Platinum < Emerald < Ruby < Jade < Diamond < Ebene Diare

---

Special Wilden Threat Ranks

Executioner < Destroyer < Calamity < Disaster < Annihilator < Fatality

---

Chimera Ranks

Dread < Lurid < Nightmare < Naraka < Revelation < End

---

Attribute Descriptions

(STR) Strength: The representation of muscle potency. Increasing strength can make you go faster on certain actions, strike harder, jump higher, and take hits a bit more easily.

(END) Endurance: The representation of the gene's evolution. Increasing endurance greatly boosts stamina, healing factors, and defense.

(SPD) Speed: The representation of movement speed. Increasing speed acuminates the mind to allow faster thought-process to match the body's increased motor capabilities.

(DEX) Dexterity: The representation of body control. Dexterity is the pillar of agility but also allows significant stamina consumption reduction and accuracy.

(INT) Intelligence: The representation of one's mental capacity. Increasing intelligence does not affect IQ but improves memory and minor comprehension abilities. It also reflects the base size of the mana pool and is the main focus of every mage.

(LCK) Luck: The wild variable that cannot be predicted and increased by normal means. It has the power to bend Fate and Laws.

---

Statistic Descriptions

 

- (STA) Stamina: Host's ability to retain and regain energy.

[STR + SPD + 2*END + DEX]

 

- (MP) Mana Pool: The Host's reserves of mana.

[10*INT]

 

- (SWI) Swiftness: Host's thought-processing speed.

[2*SPD + 2*INT]

- (AGI) Agility: Host's ability to dodge and skillfully manipulate momentum.

[SPD + 2* DEX]

- (SEN) Senses: Host's sensing ability, including the five senses and instinct.

[SPD + END + INT + DEX]

- (ATC) Atr Cap: Numeric value which represents the disposition to learn skills.

[Sum of All Attributes]

- (ATT) Attack: Numeric value correlated to the Host's attack power.

[STR*4+(END/2) + DEX + SPD]

- (DEF) Defense: Numeric value representing the defensive power of the Host. The difference between defense and attack varies the damage inflicted.

[STR + 3*END]

- (MA) Magic Attack: Numeric value representing the power of the Host's base magic attack.

[INT*3]

- (MR) MP Regeneration: The rate at which the Host's Mana Points recover. It is calculated through a factor (0~1) that is innate to the Host.

[MP/100*(Factor)]

 

---

 

Record of Magic Spells

 

- Star Spells: Hoarfrost Star Manifestation (T.0); Natcattiram Carivu (T.2); Natcattira Vīḻcci (T.4), Natcattiram Cataract (T.5), Hoarfrost Blizzard (T.6), Natcattira Kirīṭam (T.6), Natcattiram Viḻuntatu (T.6), Star Puppetry (T.10 – T.1); Star Hearth (T.10 – T.1); Star Monarch (T.10 – T.1); Hoarfrost Mist (T.10)

- Etherion Fire/Fire Spells: Cremation Blade Burial (T.4); Etherion Nova (T.5); Ersatz Nova (T.6); Etherion Eruption (Lv.6); Fire Breath (T.7); Fire Shell (T.8); Crimson Ray (T.8); Fireball (T.10)

- Wood Magic Spells: Emerald Orb of Nidhogg (T.5); Deep Roots (T.7); Emergence (T.9)

- Eternal Night Spells: Ae – Nittiya Iravu (T.4); Aeterna (T.8-10)

- Shadow Spells: Iron Maiden – Wraith (T.7); Iron Maiden (T.8); Bird Cage (T.9)

- Myriad/Poison Spells: Bane of Atrophy (T.5), Gu (T.6), Salve of Myriad (T.7), Poison Arrow (T.8-6); Acidic Venom (T.9-6); Poison Fog (T.9-7); Paralyzing Fog (T.10-9)

- Infinity Spells => Mana Accel (T.7), Kinetic Accel (T.8), Status Alteration (T.10)

- Void Spells: Void of Stillness (T.6); Wormhole (T.7); Void Kaḷam (Lv.8); Voiding Mantle (T.10-6)

- Gravity Spells: Apokalypsi (T.8); Grava Ray (T.9); Weight Alteration (T.10)

- Wind Spells: Wind Guard (T.8); Tempest (T.8); Jade Rouse (T.9); Wind Blade (T.10)

- Earth Spells: Mega Quake (T.6); Eruption (T.7); Earth Shell (T.8); Quake (T.9); Anchor (T.10); Spike (T.10)

- Barrier Magic: Momentum Barrier (T.7); Anti-Magic Barrier (T.7); Spatial Seal (T.8); Filter Gate (T.9); Anti-Sound Barrier (T.10); Light-Reflection Barrier (T.10)

- Hell Blaze Spells: Sinful Grace (T.8); Devil’s Arrow (T.9); Hell Requiem (T.9); Purgatory’s Crypt (T.10-1)

- Curse Magic: Death Storm (T.5); Decrepit Terror (T.8); Red Plague (T.10)

- Abyss Magic: Oblivion (T.4); Drain (T.6); Warp (T.9); Null (T.10)

- Illusion Magic: Oasis (T.6); Faux Pas (T.8); Double (T.9); Projection (T.10)

- Snake Magic: Coiling Winged Serpent (T.7), Scaled Flood (Lv.8)

Sloth Magic: Path of Absolution (T.9)

- Fragor Magic: Fragor In Fractura (T.4); Fracto Groa (T.7); Fracto Des Mea (T.8)

- Chaos Spells: Four-Fold Chaos - Perdured Annihilation (T.4); Three-Fold Chaos – Rampant Mayhem (T.6); Two-Fold Chaos – Pandemonium (T.7)

- Metal Magic: Impurity Filter (T.8); Alloy Shaping (T.9); Structural Grasp (T.10)

- Union Magic (Wind + Snake) – Wind Hoarder: Serpent of Tempest (T.7)

- Union Magic (Sloth + Hoarfrost)Frosted Sloth: Niflhel Niflheim (T.7); Tūkkamum (T.8)

 

Mentioned Magics Only:

- Tale Magic

- Dimensional Magic

- Pill Magic

- Processor Magic

- Armor Magic

- Science Magic

- Gun Magic

- Water Magic

- Ice Magic

- Lightning Magic

- Death Magic

- Darkness Magic

- Light Magic

- Blood Magic

- Neutral magic

- Creation Magic

- Destruction Magic

- Union Magic – Dark Light

 

---

Extra Terminology

Lexis: The name given to the words of power chanted to invoke magic.

Cōl Lāli: A personal lexis engraved on one’s soul. Very few people ever learn it. When someone intones a line of their Cōl Lāli, their mana and soul power will temporarily go into overdrive to heighten performances. The average Cōl Lāli is an incantation with around 4 lines and the more lines a Cōl Lāli has, the more can be read, and the stronger the effect is.

---

Rakna’s 1st Cōl Lāli: Hoarfrost Star (9 Lines)

 

“[Crystals of Frost Abide the Star’s Wrath.]”

“[Ought Rime Rip Bones and Flesh.]”

“[In a Fireless Firmament, Shall the Star Blister and Flicker.]”

“[In a Lifeless Perdition, the Wolf Growls and Howls.]”

“[In Between The Heights and Depths.]”

“[Lies the Slumbering Mayhem of the Devourer.]”

“[Bathing in Blood and Rattling Death.]”

“[Mocking Fairness and Gorging Hearts.]”

“[The One, They Offer Harvest.]”

 

Rakna’s 2nd Cōl Lāli: Volcanic Star (9 Lines)

 

“[Embers of Ardor Abide the Star’s Vehemence.]”

“[Shall The Fervor of Vulcan Taste Your Flesh.]”

“[In a Burning Firmament, The Star Has Forgotten How to Blink.]”

“[In an Eternal Damnation, the Wolf Devours and Howls.]”

“[In Between The Lows and Highs.]”

“[Lies the Incarnate Mayhem of the Devourer.]”

“[Drowning in Blood and Colluding With Death.]”

“[Scorning Fairness and Obsessing Over Hearts.]”

“[The One, They Give Harvest.]”

71