CH-5 Right down the road
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After i landed i calmed myself down as to not look stupid and head back into the office building of the outpost and check in with Major Knight the Trooper who mans the front desk to see if anything had changed while i was gone for that short time but seems nothing big besides more news of a rejected request for more man power, how can your process that so fast i was gone for like 20 minutes tops.

I head into the back room where i find Ranger Jackson sitting at a couch with a table with some paperwork around him are other Troopers who look like they are running on the fumes from their coffee and that goes for the general mood of the soldiers around and i step up to his desk to speak with him.

"Hey Boss i dealt with the Pests giving your trouble"-MeYou could hear a few troopers let out a sigh in the room across the hall as i finish my sentence
"I appreciate the help, Wish i had more work for you, but nothing else on the radar at the moment"-RJ

"That's alright, hey you said something about a reward for this right?"-Me
He nods towards a Trooper in the room who leaves for a moment before coming back with a Crate

"No, I mentioned you might accidentally come across some lost supplies that no one would miss, and i meant it, Not really allowed to contract mercenaries at the outpost, but its not like anyone's going to come down here and check so here you go just between us alright."-RJ

As he says that the trooper hands me the crate and walks away like nothing happened, that's because nothing did happen, officially anyway if you guys snitch we gunna have problems.

Mission Can you find it in your heart status: Complete. 300 EXP Level up! 2 = 3

As i take the case in hand and Ranger Jackson heads back to his paper work to get things sorted i put the crate on my shoulder and head outside, the Troopers don't even bat a eye as i leave with my loot i sit down at a table in the small yard between to two buildings that house the troopers and trapped caravanners and open up the caste to see what loot i got.

Inside the crate was what looked like a type of carbine i think.

i put it in my inventory to check its name and said it was a 'Service Rifle' next to it was a box and two magazines which must go with the rifle i put the ammo in my inventory to check what type and it says it a box of 5.56 AP round 72 of them i already had a few normal ones from that stash at the plane but always nice to have more.

along with it were two lunch boxes filled with dried foods but its better then nothing, finally two weapon repair kits filled with stuff like glues tape nails and some really small tools and 100 bottle caps which means i finally have money to spend.

Today was rather productive seeing as how this place won't be fixed in a single day i decided to head back to the gas station after putting everything into my inventory.

on the way there i see a caravan walking up the hill to the outpost and wonder if they will have to wait there with the rest of the merchants while things get sorted but whatever not my problem.

I reach the gas station and head into the shack i kicked open and i but some of the shelves in front of the door so it won't get opened, i check my pipboy and i remember i can level up again and so i ask to open the menu in which it does.

Congratulations on reaching level 3 please choose 1 perk
Lady killer Available 
Confirmed Bachelor Available
Friend of the Night Locked PE 6 required
Heave, Ho! Available
Hunter Available
Intense Training Locked Higher level required
Rapid Reload Available
Retention Available
Swift Learner Available

Wow some of these sound awesome and useful, But what the fuck do they do!, I know Intense Training increases my SPECIAL as it was in fallout 3 and Rapid reload is obvious and so is Swift Learner but what about the others like Lady killer will i just suddenly be good with Girls cause i don't have the skill for that now and if it needs that to work then its a waste of a perk.

I look over my options for awhile i have crossed off the top two as i think they are speech based skills, Heave, Ho might be useful if its something that helps with my strength but it could be referring to something else so i go with Swift learner as it seems to have a all-around use.

Perk Selected Swift Learner has been added to perk list

After that message appeared i get kind of dizzy and grab onto one of the shelves next to me to stop myself from falling over and then suddenly its over which is a nice change from the brink of puking, after that my stomach lets out a roar to inform me i have not eaten in some time.

i take a pot off of the floor of the shack and some broken chairs and cloth and start a fire inside the metal cooler sitting in the center of the shack and open two windows incase thing heat up.

I pour in some of my dirty water into the pot and let it clear off as best it can in the short time don't know if it will help but i don't care as i take the box of Blamco mac n cheese and pour it into the pot and set a timer on my pipboy, i don't really know how hot the fire is but its not like it matters.

After the timer goes off i had in the packets from the box and stir with and knife and fork to get it all mixed up and after it looks like its done enough i grab the pot by the handle and set it into the other empty cooler and desperse the burning wood from each other to help it die down and then i take a seat and eat my mac n cheese.

Its not bad.

"i wanna go home."-Me

After eating the entire pot to kill my feelings i close the windows as there is no more smoke coming from the wood and such and fall asleep in the back room on the sheetless bed.

After i wake up i check my gear and realize my Hunting rifle is not only in bad condition but low on ammo so i stow it and strap the Service rifle on instead and check its loaded along with its two spare mags.

i don't really have infinite ammo so i since i only got 40 of the normal rounds i loaded one mag with Regular shots one with only AP rounds and one where i decided to alternate bullets so a mag that holds 20 there are 10 regular and 10 AP rounds in one mag which i pretty sure is a bad idea from a military view but how would i know.

another thing i decided to do this morning was to eat some of the stuff from one of my lunch boxes which was nice but also took some of the small tools from the weapon repair kit and the torn gear from that raider outside and start fixing my Vault suit specifically i took to sewing.

Since one of the tools was a needle that could be used to maintain the stuff like weapon straps i decided to use it for this instead, i got excess string from the pants of the raider their gloves boots and socks i could not fit when i was looting them for useful stuff and i used.

I take a Night Stalker Pelt and fit it around the back of my Vault suit ankle and start sewing with some decent reinforcement of String and thread so it does not suddenly fall off while im walking i do the same with my other Ankle, it was rather difficult as i decided not to take off the suit to make sure i could still remove and slip my foot though the legging while sewing.

At least this way something won't just bite through my leg while im fighting beasts, im Rather skinny a bit more then i remember being in my past life but it must be because of that trait i took before i started as the hides could be almost fully wrapped around my arms and legs long ways straight down but that just makes fitting stuff easier.

I unzipped the top off my jumpsuit and decided to sew other pelts too my chest on the front as a bit of added protection though i know they won't hold under any real damage its a nice comfort.

Now instead of looking like a vault dweller i look like somebody who looted ones body and i think that's better right?, anyway i remove the shelves and add that pot from before into my inventory and head back to the outpost to see if there is anymore work as i walk up the hill i see some of the Caravans heading down.

"Hey looks like your all freed up where are you heading to now that your not backed up anymore?"-Me
One of the Caravan heads looked me over before speaking.
"We are heading to Primm then too Goodsprings, They said that there might be trouble at Nipton down the road you see"-CH
He points towards a town across the dry sands to a town with smoke rising from it, the Road i passed up before heads in that direction i wonder if they would pay me to check it out for them.

I say my goodbyes and head up to the outpost and ask about Nipton and they say there is a Ranger on top of the lounge building keeping a watch in that direction and i should ask them for details.

On the roof there is a lady in another park ranger outfit with some shades and a cowboy hat, what is with that anyway but whatever and ask about trouble in Nipton and she expresses her concern about the town as she has seen no activity for a few days, i tell her that i can check it out for her if she pays me she calls me shrewd but her concern for the town was heavier then her need for caps.

Its just a simple trip down the road what could go wrong?
Gunshots could be heard from the distance towards Primm.
End of Chapter 

2