56. Promotion
5.6k 18 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thank you to MCJohnston for the kofi!


 

With a blank expression, Wen Zhihao said, “Elder Liu Ru, as I understand, there are more duties for inner sect disciples. This humble one respectfully thanks you for thinking about me. However, this humble one would like to remain as an outer sect disciple.”

Elder Liu Ru: “...”

“Disciple Wen, although there are some duties, your allowance will increase in compensation,” Elder Liu Ru said.

Wen Zhihao shook his head. “I don’t need more money or spiritual stones.”

For the first time in her life, Elder Liu Ru faced a disciple who disliked the inner sect. However, she really couldn’t have a soon-to-be-Nascent-Soul disciple running around in the outer sect.

“Disciple Wen, as a Late-Stage Golden Core disciple, it is very improper for you to remain an outer sect disciple. At the very least, allow me to give you the inner sect robes.”

Wen Zhihao faltered. If the only change to his life were a new set of robes, then there was no problem. Wen Zhihao wasn’t ignorant: other senior cultivators or Elders would have forced him to follow their orders. The fact that Elder Liu Ru gave this concession was quite good.

“To confirm, I will not have any extra duties, nor an extra allowance. I will only need to wear the inner sect robes?” Wen Zhihao asked.

Elder Liu Ru inclined her head. “The talismans assigned to your quota may change to match your cultivation level, but the quantity will remain the same. You will also be moved out of the outer sect dormitories.”

Wen Zhihao’s forehead wrinkled slightly.

“—And Cultivator Liu Zhongmin to give you a room next to your shidi, Disciple Sun Fuyu.”

“I accept!” Wen Zhihao agreed decisively.

Elder Liu thought wryly, I should have said that first...

“Very good. Since we are here, let us conduct the formalities immediately.”

First, she gave Wen Zhihao an inner sect token and a talisman-cultivator specific token, which he placed inside his spatial ring.

After that, they went out to the square where Liu Zhongmin and her disciples were training. Liu Zhongmin immediately came over when she noticed Elder Liu Ru.

“Elder Liu Ru,” she greeted warmly.

“Give Disciple Wen the key to the room next to Disciple Sun,” Elder Liu Ru said.

Liu Zhongmin’s eyebrows went up. Elder Liu Ru’s eyes flickered over to Sun Fuyu. Liu Zhongmin’s lips quirked in understanding. “Very well.” She gave Disciple Wen the corresponding jade pendant key.

Upon hearing his name, Sun Fuyu snapped out of his training. He took a few hesitant steps towards them. “Shifu?” he asked.

Liu Zhongmin grinned and said, “That’s right, your shixiong is going to be staying next to you for the foreseeable future.”

“I’m an inner sect disciple now,” Wen Zhihao added.

Sun Fuyu’s eyes lit up. “Thank you, Elder Liu! Thank you, Shifu Liu! Wen-ge...Wen-ge is very powerful.”

Wen Zhihao reached out and rubbed Sun Fuyu’s hair. “Thank you, Xiao Yu.”

Liu Zhongmin also wanted to pat Sun Fuyu’s hair, but her wife was giving her a look again.

“Disciple Wen, come with me to the Talisman Hall. You can return here afterwards.”

“Understood, Elder Liu! Xiao Yu, train hard and I’ll be back soon.”

Sun Fuyu nodded. “En.”

After Elder Liu Ru and Wen Zhihao left, Sun Fuyu turned to his shifu with an admiring look.

“Shifu was right!”

Liu Zhongmin grinned. “Hm, Shifu is always right.” Ahh, her wife wasn’t here, just let her pat Sun Fuyu’s head once—

Aiyo, but Sun Fuyu ducked away, covering his head with his hand. “Only Wen-ge is allowed,” he grumbled.

Liu Zhongmin was defeated. She gave a grumpy look at her other disciples watching the show. “Alright, go back to your training! All of you!”

 


 

At the Talisman Hall, Elder Liu Ru had another inner sect disciple measure and retrieve size-appropriate golden inner sect robes for Wen Zhihao, which Wen Zhihao put away. She also gave him a small lecture on how to behave as an inner sect disciple. After that, Elder Liu Ru had sect business and Wen Zhihao was free.

Since it was close by, Wen Zhihao went to the kitchens.

Aunty Liu Jing came out. She immediately saw the look in his eye and asked in a dry tone, “Is there something you want to eat?”

Wen Zhihao smiled. “Can you make pizza?”

“Pi-sa?” Liu Jing repeated the odd words.

Wen Zhihao unloaded all the scattered information he knew about pizzas to Aunty Liu, like the yeasted dough, high baking heat, and common toppings.

“...Can you make it?” he asked with sparkling eyes. His mouth salivated at the memory of pizza. He had eaten takeaway pizza for many dinners in his previous world to the point that it became normal and plain. But now, he hadn’t had it in a while, so the dish became more attractive.

“I’ll make something close,” Liu Jing said.

“Close is good,” Wen Zhihao said, satisfied.

After giving Liu Jing some more talismans in thanks, Wen Zhihao returned to his room in the outer sect dormitories to pack his things.

 


 

When Wen Zhihao returned, Liu Zhongmin didn’t bother stopping Sun Fuyu and instead focused on making sure the rest of her disciples didn’t get distracted.

Sun Fuyu’s eyes grew wide. Wen-ge had changed in the inner sect robes! The golden glow of the new robes suited his ge a lot better, showing his ge’s warm and noble temperament.

“Look Xiao Yu, we match now!” Wen Zhihao said.

While their robes were both golden in colour, the style was different: one was tailored for sedentary talisman cultivators and the other for active sword cultivators. The similarities and differences together made a pleasing composition.

It was a shame that Wen Zhihao didn’t have a camera...though there had to be (expensive) magical devices that captured images...

At Wen Zhihao’s words, Sun Fuyu indeed realised that they matched. “We’re a bit like Shifu Liu Zhongmin and Elder Liu Ru,” Sun Fuyu said. “A sword cultivator and a talisman cultivator.”

“—who have been together for a long time,” Wen Zhihao added casually.

Sun Fuyu’s eyes softened happiness at the implication. “En!”

However, they could match more. Although he and Wen-ge exchanged rings, these rings didn’t match. They didn’t have any paired items...

“Can Xiao Yu show me my new room?”

“En!”

Sun Fuyu led Wen Zhihao into the building where the rooms were. First, he pointed to the door to his room, and then to Wen Zhihao’s new room.

Wen Zhihao took out the key and opened the door. “Come inside,” he said.

Sun Fuyu was filled with trepidation. Wen-ge is inviting me into his room!

In fact, the sparsely furnished room was exactly like Sun Fuyu’s: spacious compared to the outer sect dormitories, and with large windows letting in a lot of natural light. That sunlight looked perfect for napping under…

Wen Zhihao was about to unpack when a thought struck him. “What if Xiao Yu moves in with me? Or I move in with you? Ah, but then we’ll have to ask for another key ba. If only there was a door connecting the two rooms…”

Sun Fuyu sucked in a short breath. Wen-ge wants us to sleep together?!

 

 


I realise that every time I think about Sun Fuyu's happy expression when Wen Zhihao pats him on the head or praises him or does something that makes him happy, I think about the expression that Harry (right side) makes in this artwork by dorisdoris:

Spoiler

[collapse]
161