58. In which Wang Li Wei’s three world views crumble~
6.1k 44 181
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thank you to Kansuou for the kofis!


 

When Wen Zhihao and Sun Fuyu appeared at the kitchens, many eyes looked their way.

Old Tang clapped his hands. “So our Xiao Wen has become an inner sect disciple! Congratulations!”

Aunty Liu Jing lips curled up. “Who knew our young master Wen could clean up so well, like a proper cultivator.”

“Xiao Yu helped me,” Wen Zhihao said.

Aunty Liu Jing’s eyes crinkled in amusement. “En, Xiao Fuyu is very good. I’ll have your food ready for you when you finish helping Old Tang.”

Wen Zhihao’s eyes brightened. “Old Tang, let’s go!”


There was an oven constructed outside, made especially for the dishes that Wen Zhihao requested. When Sun Fuyu and Wen Zhihao and Old Tang returned from the Sect’s farms, Aunty Liu Jing had already made a couple of large round ‘pancakes’ with an assortment of toppings. With the very hot oven, it was quick to make more.

“Xiao Wen, taste,” Aunty Liu called.

“So this is pizza!” Wen Zhihao pulled Sun Fuyu over. He sliced up the pizzas into triangles and showed everyone how to eat them.

While it wasn’t a proper western pizza, that should be expected: the kind of cheeses available and tomato-like sauces were different compared to the western versions.

Instead, what Liu Jing made could be considered as a local pizza, with local savoury and spicy flavours. But importantly, the pizza base tasted so good! So chewy with a soft top and crisp bottom! And the garlic and chilli oils were perfect accompaniments! 

“So delicious, thank you, Aunty Liu! Xiao Yu, what do you think?”

Sun Fuyu nodded. “Good!”

“It’s quite simple to make,” Liu Jing said. “But don’t forget to eat some vegetables!”

“What an unusual dish. Is it from your hometown?” Old Tang asked as he grabbed another slice of pizza.

“Don’t all places have their specialties?” Wen Zhihao said perfectly truthfully.

Sun Fuyu hid a smile behind another bite of food. He was the only one who knew Wen-ge’s secret—this “pi-sa” was something from Wen-ge’s old world!

“A bit messy, though,” another kitchen staff member commented. “Liu-jie, next time make smaller ones that we can eat with chopsticks!”

 


 

The big demonic beasts could sense that human’s approach before they could smell him. When he and the other human entered, more than one beast blinked in confusion.

- Is it just me or does the human look different?

- Ah, why is this human so shiny today?

- So shiny….touch-touch!

Wen Zhihao laughed when the cats patted his robes. He grabbed a large cat and patted it back. They were so smart, they noticed that he had different clothes!

One demonic beast narrowed his eyes at the shiny thing in Wen Zhihao’s hair.

Sun Fuyu narrowed his eyes at the demonic beast. “Don’t touch Wen-ge’s hair!” he scolded. Of course, he knew what these demonic beasts wanted!

- Fine! Then give me butterflies instead!

While Sun Fuyu didn’t understand, he took out the butterfly-creating talismans in order to divert the beast’s attention.

Wang Li Wei was trudging towards the demonic beasts’ enclosure. After a gruelling morning training and getting yelled at, he wanted to hug something soft and warm.

Cultivator Huang Jialing silently opened one of the enclosure gates. Wang Li Wei thanked her and went inside, belatedly realising that this wasn’t the small beasts’ enclosure.

Then he stopped and stared.

Sun Fuyu looked over and noticed Wang Li Wei’s burning gaze. He walked over, blocking Wang Li Wei from looking at Wen-ge.

“Don’t covet my Wen-shixiong!” he told Wang Li Wei in a sharp whisper.

Wang Li Wei looked at Sun Fuyu in disbelief. “...I don’t like him!!!! Why would I want him? Aren’t you two Dao companions?”

Sun Fuyu’s expression eased at the words Dao companions, his lips curling up into a smug smile. “En.” Then he narrowed his eyes again. “You don’t like my Wen-shixiong?”

Wang Li Wei waved dismissively. “Wait, why is that demonic beast patting Wen Zhihao on the head?!”

Indeed, a number of demonic beasts were back to taking turns to pat Wen Zhihao, including one that was prodding the golden hair ornament.

Sun Fuyu immediately threw out a talisman that created illusionary birds to draw the attention of the beasts.

Wang Li Wei was momentarily distracted by the shining illusionary birds, but then he remembered—“Wait, the important thing is, WEN ZHIHAO!” he shouted loudly. He walked towards Wen Zhihao. “When did you advance into the inner sect?! The Intra-Sect competition is tomorrow!”

That’s right, Wen Zhihao was wearing golden robes!

“You’re not wearing Sun Fuyu’s clothes, are you?”

“Oh, that’s tomorrow?” Wen Zhihao turned to Sun Fuyu. “We met a year ago, didn’t we?”

Sun Fuyu beamed. “Yes!”

“Wen Zhihao—!” Wang Li Wei interrupted.

Sun Fuyu narrowed his eyes slightly. “Wen-shixiong was directly promoted by Elder Liu. Just because your Elder Wang didn’t directly promote you—”

Wang Li Wei snorted. “How can someone like Wen Zhihao be directly promoted? You need to at least be Golden Core—”

“My Wen-shixiong is in Late-Stage Golden Core,” Sun Fuyu said. He touched the hilt of his sword meaningfully.

But he didn’t need to, because, at that moment, Wang Li Wei’s three world views were crumbling. Wang Li Wei was still only Early Stage Golden Core. But...

Wen Zhihao….Late-Stage Golden Core…directly promoted...

Wang Li Wei felt as though his spirit was drifting away.1 His eyes grew unfocused, his posture weakened.

Seeing the unresponsive Wang Li Wei, Wen Zhihao sighed lightly. Poor Wang Li Wei, his morning must have been tough to get him to this state. He physically grabbed Wang Li Wei and sat him down next to a big docile cat.

“There, there,” he coaxed Wang Li Wei.

Wang Li Wei robotically reached out of the soft fur of the demonic beast. Who am I? Where am I? What is happening? The questions were too hard to answer. It was easier not to think and just bury his face in the fluff.

Sun Fuyu was satisfied. It was about time that Wang Li Wei understood just how good his ge was!

181