12. Girlfriends
2.9k 12 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was sunshine leaking in around my bedroom curtains again as I drifted awake. I was still a bit groggy and half asleep as I brushed some long blonde hair out of my face and squinted at the clock.

It was just after ten, Monday morning. I blinked a few times to try and clear the fog from my mind, before my eyes were drawn to something on the floor by the bed.

Lexi's dark blue nightshirt was laying there next to my pink nightie.

I stared at them for a few seconds, then I felt someone else shift in the bed behind me. A soft warm arm slipped around my waist as Lexi pressed herself against my back and I felt her lips by my ear.

"Good morning cutie," she whispered, then kissed me on the cheek.

My heart skipped a beat and my breathing got a little faster. I was in bed with my best friend, and we were both naked. After knowing each other for a full decade our relationship finally levelled-up this weekend, from best friends to girlfriends.

Alexis continued cuddling against my back for a minute or so before she asked "Chloe? Are you ok?"

"Yeah Lexi," I replied softly. My voice came out in a light soft soprano, slightly higher pitched than hers. "I'm uh... Just sort of? I don't know actually."

She still had her arm around my waist, and I felt her give me a gentle squeeze.

"Give it a minute, cutie. I know how confusing this part is. I went through it Friday, remember?"

Suddenly my stomach was full of butterflies and my eyes wide open as I sat bolt-upright in bed.

"Holy crap it worked!"

Lexi grinned, "It sure did, and you're fucking adorable."

The sheets had fallen aside when I sat up and I realized I was fully exposed. So was she. For a moment I didn't know how to react, like if I should cover myself, pull the sheet back up, or run away. But instead of panicking or freezing, I realized it was ok. We were both girls. Better than that, we were girlfriends. It was fine.

Still, I wasn't actually sure which of us I wanted to look at first. She was laying on her side watching me, wearing nothing but a smile.

Finally I gestured towards the door, "I need to go and um. Mirror."

Lexi giggled, "Go for it. Want me to come with?"

"Uh..." I couldn't form a reply, and sort of tried to nodd, shake my head, and shrug all at once.

I got up and ignored the clothes on the floor as I hurried into the bathroom. I was slightly distracted by the jiggling sensations and the realization that everything around me was all slightly bigger than I remembered it. It felt right though. Like suddenly I wasn't awkward and uncomfortable. Suddenly my body was the right size and shape.

In the bathroom I stood naked in front of the mirror and stared.

Looking back at me was a cute blonde girl with a huge smile on her face.

My hair hung down several inches past my shoulders. It was still the same dirty blonde as before but it was finally the right length. My eyes were bright blue, they almost seemed to sparkle. Or maybe that was from all the joy I felt.

My face was cute and rounded, I had a little nose and wide full lips. Like Alexis said, I really did look adorable. My shoulders were narrow, my arms smooth and slim. My hands looked small and delicate now, even my fingers were small and dainty.

My waist was narrow but my hips were wide. I twisted around and sure enough my butt was nicely rounded and stuck out further than before. My legs were slim and shapely, and my feet were small. Even my toes looked cute.

I focused on my chest next. My boobs were the perfect size. Not too big, but nicely rounded and perfectly shaped. I let my attention move further down, and there between my legs was my womanhood.

I had to wipe a few happy tears from my eyes as I stood there staring at myself. Alexis was watching from the bathroom door, and she moved to stand at my side. My eyes widened as I realized she was an inch or two taller than me once again.

Except I was sure she hadn't changed last night, which meant I was definitely smaller now. We'd both probably lost five or six inches in height, compared to what we looked like last week.

The two of us stood quietly in front of the mirror, staring at ourselves and each other.

My eyes welled up with more tears as I said "I can't ever thank you enough for this, Lexi. I... I don't know what to say. It's perfect. It's a miracle. It's everything I ever dreamed of."

She gave me a warm smile and pulled me into a hug. Her arms wrapped around my shoulders and mine slipped around her waist. It felt a little like heaven, with her warm smooth skin pressed against my own.

We held each other for a minute or so, then she asked softly "Hey Chloe? I hope this doesn't upset you or make things weird but... Do you remember everything? Like, everything-everything?"

I frowned slightly as I thought back, then my eyes went wide. I whispered, "Holy shit!"

She must have felt me tense up, as she held me a little tighter.

When I tried thinking back to random moments in our lives, it was like I had three different perspectives for the same event. There was guy-me and guy-Alex. And there was guy-me and girl-Alex. Then finally there was girl-me and girl-Alexis. Those last ones were the best, and they seemed to resonate more. They were the real memories.

My recollection of this weekend was more diversified. I remembered coming out to guy-Alex. And I remembered Saturday after we visited the corner store he said he needed to take care of something, then he left for a few hours. He was back before dinner, and he had that manilla envelope with him. And I remembered doing the spell with him Saturday night, when it all went sideways.

Then I remembered what happened with me trying to come out to Alexis and her telling me about the weird stuff, and the two of us trying to figure it all out together.

And in the best timeline, after spending the weekend gaming and talking and hanging out Alexis and me both finally confessed our feelings for each other and became girlfriends.

My emotions churned and I looked up at her with wide eyes as I remembered something else. Something important.

I could feel more tears coming on as I whispered "Lexi..."

"Shhh," she said. She held me a little tighter and leaned in closer. She kissed me again, but this time it was on the lips. My heart melted some more, but it wasn't quite enough to make me forget what I'd just realized.

I knew what the price was, what she'd paid for that spell.

Alexis wasn't always hopeless with computers. Not only did she used to be in all the same programming classes as me, but she had the best grades in the school. Next year she'd have been going to university, attending one of the top computer science programs in the country.

After the kiss she whispered, "I know Chloe. I remember it now too. And it's all ok. I did it for you."

I just slowly shook my head and leaned against her. "I can't ever repay you."

"You don't have to, silly." She gave me another warm smile. "It was a gift."

"Why though, Lexi? Why would you give that up for me?"

She kissed me again and whispered, "I've never forgotten how we met, Chloe. You saved my life. And besides that, I love you."

That melted my heart even more, and I didn't know how to respond or what to say.

She added, "And don't worry about the magic mix-up the first time around. I really should have known better than to interrupt a reality-bending fate-altering magic spell."

I still had questions, but she spoke up once more before I could say anything.

"And like I said? I'm ok with this." She flashed me a naughty grin, "I mean c'mon! After both of us griping for the last four years about never getting anywhere with girls, I think the two of us made out ok? Like we both wound up with total hotties for girlfriends, right?"

"You're sure though? You were pretty freaked out on Friday. Saturday too."

Alexis nodded, "And by yesterday I was ok with it. Today I'm better than ok with it."

I still felt uncertain, and asked softly "Saturday morning you wondered if you were trans. Are you?"

She gave me a wry smile, "Put it this way, I may have been freaking out when I woke up Friday morning, but I still went straight for the femme clothes and the make-up didn't I? And asked you to stop using my deadname as soon as I saw you that morning."

Before I could respond she shrugged and added, "Anyways the whole thing feels like serendipity now. So let's stop worrying about it and figure out what to do with our day, ok?"

It took a few moments for all that to sink in. Finally I nodded, "Ok Lexi."

She grinned, "So we've got left-over pizza waiting for us for breakfast. Then we could finish that game. And I was thinking? That tattoo place is open today, noon till five. Maybe we could head back downtown and get our ears pierced this afternoon?"

Before I could respond Lexi added with another naughty grin, "Or we could just go back to bed and fool around till your folks get home. All this naked hugging and kissing is starting to do stuff for me, you know?"

My eyes went wide and I'm sure my cheeks were bright-red.

Despite my embarrassment I smirked. "Actually that last option sounds really appealing... But I'm hungry. And want to see if I got any cute clothes when reality changed. And I'm dying to get my ears pierced! I've wanted to do that for like ten years!"

She grinned and kissed me once more, "Ok cutie. We'll save the fooling around till later."

• • • • •

The front door opened and my mom called, "Chloe, we're home! I hope we're not coming home to find a mess!"

I rolled my eyes and shouted back, "Hi mom, dad! We're in the den!"

Alexis was wearing her leggings and an oversized forest-green tunic top. I was in a pink sundress which was my new favourite thing. We were both barefoot, cuddled together on the sofa as we tried once more to finish the last level of the game.

We were having a little trouble with it today. We'd been at it for the last couple hours and had to restart the thing twice because we kept dying. Turns out it's hard to focus on killing monsters when you and your girlfriend can't keep your hands off each other, and keep stealing kisses from one another.

There were half-empty glasses of diet cola on the coffee table in front of us, and a bowl of pretzels we'd barely touched.

I could hear my folks moving around but I ignored them. We'd just gotten to the final boss again and we were trying really hard to actually finish him off this time. Lexi was raining enchanted arrows down on him while I used my shield spells to keep his attacks off the both of us.

Her arrow storm finally broke through his shield and he lost his ranged attack, so the two of us switched tactics. I distracted him with blasts of magic lightning while I dodged his charges. Meanwhile Lexi used the blessed sword she found on the last level, and dashed around trying to find an opening so she could get in close enough to use it.

We coordinated our attacks, and I managed to take him off-balance with the lightning so she could lunge in and deliver the final blow. The boss finally went down, vanquished in a puff of pixelated smoke. And in his place we found the last piece of the cauldron.

The game tallied up all our points and stuff, then started to play the victory text-roll just as my mom walked into the den. She was already complaining as she frowned at the TV.

"Chloe I see you didn't touch any of the vegetables I left in the fridge for you. Please tell me you didn't just eat junk-food all weekend? Did you girls even leave the house, or have you been plastered to the sofa playing games the entire time we've been gone?"

I was about to respond when she turned around to look at us and her eyes went wide.

"Oh my God you're wearing a dress! And... Did you girls get your ears pierced?" Mom seemed stunned, like she couldn't believe me and Lexi both picked the same weekend to finally stop being tomboys.

I grinned and shrugged, "Uh, surprise?"

On the TV screen behind mom the final lines of text were scrolling past and both me and Alexis noticed what it said at the same time.

"With Fate's Cauldron restored, you now have the power to Rewrite Destiny!"

We looked at each other and both of us started giggling at once.

End

If you're enjoying our work and you'd like to support us, please consider joining our patreon & get early access to new chapters!
https://www.patreon.com/purplecatgirl

150