Chapter 8 – School Years Part 5
1.9k 21 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 – School Years Part 5

I thought the tough parts of my life were behind me...turns out I was wrong. I have been in a Dogeza pose for the last hour and 20 minutes.  Ash sits in a chair in front of me, leaning on his legs with his arms, his hands steepled over his face menacingly. Or at least he was over an hour ago. I haven't seen much since I started this.

"I said no an hour ago. Go home, Finn. It's getting late."

I say nothing and stay in this position. 

A knock comes at the door and it opens. To who? I don't know. Can't see, remember? 

"...Ash?" questions the voice of an unamused Serena.  

"Don't look at me like that, I am not making him do this."

"Then why is he...oh...OH!" her voice starts confused but ends confident and pleased.

"Yes." She says happily.

"No." Growls Ash.

"Yes." Says Serena in a stern voice. I can hear the glare in it.

"No! It is my choice, dammit! I say no. Not yet. No way."

"Honey, can I talk to you in our bedroom for a second?" Says a deceptively sweet Serena. 

Ash grumbles before leaving the room, following his wife. I stay exactly where I am. 

Yelling can be heard for several minutes, muted enough to miss what is being said. The yelling stops abruptly and stomping can be heard in the hallway. The door slams open, and I flinch but do not move. 

I hear Ash's heavy, angry breaths as he stands in front of me. Finally, I see something! Shoes! This is progress I tell you!

Ash starts to speak several times but stops himself. I hear a loud defeated sigh, then him falling back onto the chair in front of me bonelessly. 

Next, there is silence for several moments before the noise of small feet on wood can be heard. I see a yellow flash in front of me that quickly and deftly jumps on Ash's lap. The silence returns for a few seconds before Ash says quietly,

"What do you think, Pikachu?"

"Chu...Pika pika PIKA Pikachu."

"You're right...but isn't it too..." He is interrupted before he can finish.

"Pikachu," Pikachu states confidently, ending the conversation as he had on numerous occasions before.

"Guess I can't win. Even you're siding with him...URG!" Ash yells and hops to his feet, I assume holding Pikachu.

"Fine. Fucking, Fine. Ok? Yes. Now get the fuck out of my house."

Smiling to myself, I stand shakily. You don't stay in that position without getting some muscle cramps. "Thank you," I say simply with a nod before quickly leaving the house. 

'Phase 1: Complete'

* | * | *

"Pyra, Plan A-17-3!"

Pyra, in her full 8-foot glory, exhales a plume of smoke onto the field and then moves into the smoke, just a bit, before digging herself underground. 

The move Dig in this world kinda sucks. Sure, it is good if you are a Pokemon with a tremor sense of sorts, but for Pokemon that rely on eyesight, it is pretty garbage...unless used in a particular way with predetermined activate scenarios. 

"Grace, multiply and wait."

Lara didn't like my move descriptions. She knew it was a good tactic, but she said she could never use it. Too cringy for her. She has instead developed code words for moves. "Multiply and Wait" meant Double Team and Bide. A good strategy for having no visibility. Why chase after them while blinded when you can just wait for them to come to you and prepare a counter?

"17 is Flamethrower, but what is 17-3? That sounds new?" She asks, batting her eyelashes at me to get me to spill my secrets. 

I, however, just smirk at her. She has no power over me! ...She is now pouting and I really want to tell her...No! Hold firm, Finn!

"It's dig." Says Rose from the sidelines, reading through my move book.

"Traitor!" I scream, pointing my finger at her accusingly. She gives me the same smirk I gave Lara and waves at me. 

'Cheeky Brat. See if I get you the chocolate-covered strawberries you like from the bakery later.'

Her smirk falters as if she read my mind and she changes it into her "Pleading Sister Mode," with big round eyes and a hopeful expression.

'...Fine. But just one. No more for Traitors.'

"Thank you, Rose!~~" Lara says in a sickeningly sweet sing-song. But it's already too late. Knowing the move doesn't mean you know the strategy. 

Lara waits for the smoke to clear and there is now an obvious hole where Pyra dug and from that hole, there is a red flame building in intensity. 

"Looks like it is my win," Lara explains confidently with a smug smile. "Grace, move up and use Magical Laser!~~" How she can call my moves cringy is beyond me with names like that. "Magical Laser" *Shudder* is Hyper Beam. But that too won't work.

Grace moves up to just before the hole and starts charging a huge attack. 

"Now, Pyra!" From directly under Grace, the ground shifts, and a massive, pink fish smashes into the underside of the Flareon. Grace yelps and is launched 15 feet into the air, before falling to the ground with a heavy thud. She doesn't get back up.

"Well, shit," Lara says with her smile turning bitter. "Nice job, love. That is really gonna get some people." She walks over to Grace and sprays 2 squirts of a super potion into her mouth. Grace's ears flick a couple of times before she stands up on shaky legs. 

Potions, and other medical Pokemon items, work like normal medicine for humans. Ingest and let it do its work. They can work on the skin to numb and heal the pain, such as if a limb is burnt or broken, but is slow and is usually done in addition to ingesting it and not by itself.  They are super powerful stuff and you get about 1000 sprays from each bottle, so they are very cost-effective for the price. If you don't have any, most stores will give you one for free. The League is all about keeping Pokemon safe and healthy and pays for these types of "Sales" themselves. The items only work on Pokemon...well actually they do work a bit on humans too, but you have to use much more and it can cause some pretty horrid side effects. Such as the skin changing to a neon color, organs fusing together, going blind or deaf...Suffice to say, humans don't use them. Notice how I didn't say "In my past life" or "In this world?" It is all my world now, baby. There is no Max, only Zul...Finn.

Pyra, now out of the hole and Minimized again, walks over to her friend to hug her and console her on the loss. They are really close and each of them always does this, no matter who wins. It is super cute. 

Lara walks up to me and sighs before falling bonelessly onto me. I react quickly and catch her, raising an eyebrow at her. She does this sometimes, childish things like this. Meh. It is cute, so whatever. I hold her in a princess carry and ask,

"Where to now, Princess?" In an exacerbated voice. 

"To your room, honored knight, I doth require a change of clothes before mine date tonight!~~" She says dramatically. Rose snickers to herself as she walks over and drops the Journal onto Lara's stomach since my hands are full. 

"Try not to be too loud this time, yeah?"

Lara and I blush as I stammer, "Just changing! We are just changing!"

"Uh-huh," Rose says and walks away waving behind her. 

I take the red-faced Lara up to my room and close the door behind us after letting Pyra and Grace in. They both jump on the bed to cuddle up and sleep for the night. We take them on our dates sometimes, but we will be leaving them at home tonight. I quickly remove my t-shirt and reach for the dress shirt I will be wearing for the date that was hung up in my closet.

"Freeze!" Lara shouts. and I stop moving, my arm still outstretched, looking over to her in question. 

She runs up to me, ducks under my arm, and melds herself to my chest sniffing deeply and using her hands to feel up my abs and pecks. I just let it happen and raise one eyebrow at her with a clear, "Really?" look.

"And~~~Done. Recharge complete!" she says smiling and kissing me quickly before going back to changing herself. I grin and shake my head at my girlfriend's antics as I continue changing. Black dress pants, a deep blue button-down shirt, - to match Lara's eyes - and black loafers. I check myself in my standing mirror and I think I look pretty damn good. 

Spoiler

Like this, but with purple hair and a blue shirt:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/images/2017/july/how-to-dress-for-style-when-youre-built-like-a-bodybuilder-header-830x467.jpg

[collapse]

My 16th birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I am officially an adult. I have about 9 months before the start of my Jr. League Journey with my lovely girlfriend and her birthday is in a couple of weeks as well. If I am being honest, I am more than a little nervous. We will be away from our family and friends for a long while. Sure, once we catch a big enough flying Pokemon we could fly back, or if we got a powerful enough psychic pokemon, we could teleport back...or we could just take a bus or a taxi like a normal person...but it was still a long journey out on our own. Our sojourn into adulthood, if you will.

We had already started shopping for the trip as Lara was beyond excited. We picked out a large double roomed cabin for us to share on the journey. Yes, you heard that right. Item shrinking and transfer technology has advanced quite significantly. People now carry their cars, boats, and, yes, even sometimes their houses with them on adventures in small black boxes that function similarly to Pokeballs. Lara and I had split the cost on a solar-powered, gas heating and cooking enabled, water running, 1 story cabin with 2 rooms and a massive porch.

The porch was about 10 feet long with wooden railings and support columns around the side. It had a few chairs and even a porch swing bench pre-installed. The first room was split into two sections. One, as you entered, has a small dining table with 4 chairs on the left and a fully stocked - Or at least will be by the time we left - and working kitchen on the right including a refrigerator, sink, and 4 burner stove. Just past that area, on a large rug was a single couch and across from it was a large television, with satellite connected viewing included. Just beyond the first room was the master bedroom with a closet on one side, a bathroom, with a jacuzzi bath and shower, on the other, and a massive king-sized, four-poster bed in the middle. Across from the bed was a long bureau with 8 shelves, 4 on each side. As stated earlier, the cabin had running water, working electricity, and a gas heating unit.

To call this purchase expensive would be a significant understatement. To give you a better understanding, a normal, lowest model car costs about 4-5 million Pokebucks. A 4 bedroom 1 bath house costs about 15-20 million Pokebucks. Our cabin? Cost 42 million Pokebucks. Now, we were paying for luxury, furniture, and safety on the road, but in all honesty, it was a stupid splurge purchase. There were PokeCenters and rest stops with housing every few miles on the Jr. route, but we wanted to prepare for the future.

Lara and I weren't poor. She has a net worth of about 77 million (~$740,000 USD) and I have one of about 34 million(~$320,000 USD), but a 21 million Pokebuck expenditure (~$400,000 USD) each was still...a bit excessive. After the hype of the purchase, she and I sat down and agreed we needed to budget and be more responsible with our money. Arceus help us if Ash ever found out.  

'Phase 2: Complete'

Other than that, we looked for practical purchases for the adventure. Hers consisted mostly of clothes and useful travel items, and mine mostly of Pokemon items, berries, and different types of Pokeballs. Berries are stored in the same kind of box that other items can be put in. Time seems to act differently in them, so they don't spoil unless left for years. They look like weekly pill containers, but as a long box with about 40 different slots, each capable of holding about 100 berries. On another note, the Pokebackpacks are designed the same way. Simply move an item close to the opening of choice and it is sucked inside with a stream of green energy. They have a PokePhone app that allows you to withdraw the items easily, otherwise, you have to unload everything with a button and restock it every time. They don't work on humans, thank Arceus, though I am not sure why.

Lara now picks my clothes for me as well as her own. I had decided to stopped fighting her on it. I looked awesome in her choices and she enjoyed buying them for me. Why stop that for some useless pride? She let me pick out some...*ahem* nightwear for the trip, so I felt mollified. 

Lara, being the angel she was, had kept my secret and promised to keep it forever. She knew that not everyone would be as understanding as she was, and agreed on pretending nothing was up. She didn't freak out later like I was half expecting, nor did she change the way she acted around me at all. I had expected it to affect her in some way, but she seems solid as a stone and confident in her love for me. Lara had no idea what that meant to me. God, but I love her.

The last 2 years school-wise was nothing all that special. Lara and I had agreed to stop doing the school tournaments as of last year. Everyone knew one of us would win, so we decided to sit it out and support our friends instead. Some grumbled about wanting a chance to beat us, but most were quietly thankful. The last school tournament was going to be in a couple of weeks, just before Lara's 16th birthday and we had no intention of participating other than to cheer for people from the audience with our parents. Plus, we really liked being able to be there for our sibling's battles. Last year we held up embarrassing signs for them and shouted and screamed like madmen. It was a ton of fun and we planned to ignore their pleading and do it again this year.

The club was still going strong and it basically is an afterschool program now with 4-6 teachers that come to supervise every day. Each grade has its own council and trainers from their year, but they mix and match a lot to make sure everyone is helped. Mayor Drex even gave Lara and me and all of the original council members an honorary school plaque in the trophy hall for our contributions to the school and to the city. People were already copying the idea in other schools across the region. Can't let Pallet City have all the star trainers!

"Finn..." Lara said in a low purr behind me. I stopped checking myself out in the mirror and turned to, instead, check out my beautiful gir-

...

...

...

"Lara uses Double D's! It's super effective!~~"

* | * | *

6 months later and I am even more nervous than ever before. Lara had her 16th birthday 3 months ago, a somber affair really, as it meant her last one here with all her friends. After this school year, we would be fully-fledged adults and many of our classmates and friends were leaving the city and some were even leaving the region for their own career paths. There were a lot more tears than smiles, but it was still a wonderful night of reminiscing and celebration for Lara's entrance to adulthood.

Now, as to why I was nervous tonight. No, it was not because of the Journey, that was cake compared to Butterfrees flying in my stomach right now. No, I was nervous because this was the culmination of 8 months of planning. I was nervous because of the life-changing event happening tonight. I sit in complete darkness, totally still, on the stage of our school auditorium. 

"...F-Finn?" A confused and excitedly nervous Lara calls from the entrance to the seating area. She knows what is going on. She is too smart not to know. A trail of candles light her path to a seat in the front row surrounded by more candles. Pyra and Grace walk at her feet. Pyra holding her hand and leading her forward. She wears a beautiful white sweater dress that shows off her cleavage and legs in a decidedly not Ash-approved way and that hugs her generous curves enticingly. In the darkness all around her, faces smile in anticipation...except for one whose face is set in a begrudgingly acceptant hard line. 

Spoiler

Adult Lara:

https://www.deviantart.com/nhaliz/art/Ohtsuki-Yui-Love-wonder-790517164

[collapse]

Lara finds her seat and shakily sits down, trying to hide the growing smile and blush on her face, her eyes already wet with unshed tears. Pyra and Grace sit next to her in the seats, careful of the candles all around them. Pyra's flame gives the whole experience a pink-tinged glow that perfectly sets the mood.

A spotlight appears on me, revealing me sitting on a bench on the stage in front of a black grand piano. I wear a 3 piece suit and open the lid of the piano keys as I stare into Lara's now tear-streaked eyes. 

"This is an original song called 'Lara's Smile.'" I say, seeing that very same smile looking up at me. I then focus back on the keys in front of me and position my hands where they are needed. A familiar feeling of unease and discomfort assault me as I am ready to start, but I take a deep breath and look back at Lara. Like so many times before, the world seems to stand still as I stare at her. Love and happiness radiating off of every ounce of her being. Just like all the times before, the stress and tense muscles melt away only leaving me with what has become my life motto: 'I can do it for Lara.' 

I start to play. The music style is that of slow a love ballad.

"From the moment I met you,

Your light was like the sun.

In a world of uncertain darkness,

Your smile was a beacon home." 

I play and sing the song as the feelings of love and all that Lara means to me come spilling forth. I think back on all the times we were together, all through the years, it was always me and her. She and I. From silly childhood romance to angsty teenage emotions to true love in adulthood, we have always stood by each other's side. It was time I 'Man Up!' and made it official. I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that she was the only one in this world or any other for me, and that is the feeling I used to fuel me while I sang.

I finished the song with one last chord and let it ring into the dark auditorium.

'Phase 3: Complete'

Lara was to her feet, jumping up on the stage before the others in the audience had a chance to make their presence known.  Applause reached us both as Lara jumps into my waiting arms to kiss me, her face a mess, but a beautiful mess. We kiss passionately, ignoring the catcalls, before I force her to take a step back from me. The house lights come up to half and all those seated, our family and friends, come up to the front of the stage while Pyra and Grace hop up and stand near the two of us. Lara covers her mouth with both hands, already bawling like a baby. I just smile at her and get down on one knee.

"Lara," I start, my voice shaking from emotion and anticipation, "You have always been my rock. My shining star. The home for me to return to. The one who knows me the best and the best friend I could have ever hoped for. When we started dating 6 years ago, I never could have imagined the beauty you would grow into. You make the stars in the sky look dull in comparison. I can only thank Arceus that we met and grew up together. I thank God every day that you agreed to be my girlfriend, my partner, and my lover. And I thank you for seeing past my problems and issues and loving me all the same. I love you with all my heart and want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life growing and nurturing that love. Will you marry me?"

I hold open the box to display the beautiful 14-carat gold, diamond, and sapphire encrusted engagement ring with a 2-carat diamond as its centerpiece. I bought this with the help of my mom, Rose, and Serena, as I knew nothing about rings. They unanimously agreed on the choice when I happened to pick this one out from a large case at the jewelry store saying the sapphires reminded me of Lara's eyes. Those same eyes were red and running nonstop as Lara succeeded in pulling my immense bulk up from the floor and gluing herself to me in a kiss that could nearly be considered violent and not caring who was there to see. 

We parted after a second and I ask breathlessly, "Does that mean yes?"

"Yes! Yes, yes yes~~! You big dummy, how could I not agree after all this? I love you so much. Thank you for the song and for this ring~!" She says accepting the ring on her finger and then losing herself for a moment staring at it. She then kisses me deeply, again, audience be damned, as everyone claps and cheers around us. 

'Mission Accomplished'

The next hour is spent mingling and with everyone offering us congratulations. We eat a catered meal and spend more time mingling with people afterward. Alcohol is brought out, us being legal adults and able to drink now, and the party gets fun and a bit crazy as people dance on the stage to music put through the auditorium speakers. Lara is either glued to my side or with her friends squealing her lungs out.

A really amazing moment happens when Ash comes up to me on his own and holds out his hand. I shake it, not believing it was real. "You make my daughter happy Finn...Thank you for loving her the way I always wanted someone to...I will be proud to call you...son." He almost manages to get through the whole sentence, but he ends up hesitating for a second before taking a deep breath and committing to it. In response, I let go of his hand and pull him into a giant tight hug.

"Thank you Dad, I will treat her with all the respect and love that she deserves and more. I promise you that." He hugs me back for a second before we release each other and I can see he has a slight blush. 

*Cough* "I would expect nothing less, son." He says before quickly retreating. Ash calls me son. How fucking cool is that?

The night starts to wind down and Lara and I decide to head out a bit early and take a night walk home to talk about our future. Our friends all said they would take care of the cleanup. Lara and Rose talk for a bit off to the side before she comes back to me beaming a happy smile. 

I offer my arm to her and say, "Shall we, my beautiful fiancé?"

"I think we shall, my manly and incredibly sweet fiancé," She responds linking her arm with mine and showing a blinding smile. We are applauded again as we head out into the cool night air.

 * | * | *

On our walk home, we take our time and enjoy being in one another's embrace. After about half an hour, we arrive at my house. Lara wants to pick up the clothes she left over here after our last date, so I invite her into the empty house and we head up to my room. I open the door for her with a bow, she responds with a curtsy and we walk in together giggling. I move over to a corner of my room I call "Lara's Corner" because it is where she has piled a ton of stuff over the years. I kneel down and start digging through the huge amount of clothes,

"Which one were you looking for?" I ask.

*Click*

I turn around when the lights in the room go out and look back at my fiance in question. My answer comes very quickly.

She stands naked as the day she was born right in front of my bed. Moonlight from my window cascades over her form, making her look like a moon goddess, as she holds a hand out to me.

"Finn..."

Hearing my name in that wanting way has me over to her in less than a second. I grab her hand and her bare waist and look into her eyes...A little hard to do at the moment...

"I don't want my first time to be on the road...and I want to make one last memory in here, the room we spent most of our time in growing up...I talked to Rose...we have the house to ourselves for the rest of the night..."

'Man up, Finn.' Max's voice rings in my head.

 I do so and kiss my future wife passionately. Starting the first of many nights of fun to come.

Hey everyone! This is the third to last chapter in the arc, second to last if you are just talking story. Why is that important? Because the next chapter, also in this arc, is a lemon chapter. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) They are both finally adults, so I feel comfortable writing about such things.

I will not be making sex a primary part of this story, but there will be a few fun chapters every once and a while. They will be noted as such in the chapter title and are totally skippable if you are not comfortable reading them. This is so no one will be missing out on any story points. Expect them to also be shorter than normal chapters.

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! I had a blast writing it and am really excited to get to the start of Lara and Finn's journey together. Cute Pokemon and fun adventures await!

62