Interlude: Lilith’s Irritation
15.1k 18 191
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I did have to admit, sometimes I overestimate myself. Well it is easy to do when you are a demon lord. But this time it was truly irritating. To think I had been made a fool of by a harmless kitten and an elven slave.

Well, it was more like I had been outplayed by a demon lord. Which irritated me even more as that demon lord had also removed my last resort, the tracking mark I implanted on all my slaves. The mark wasn’t anything incredible but you would need to be at least S-rank to have a chance of removing it. Now that it was gone, it would be much harder to find Kitty.

It was really annoying that someone so powerful decided to interfere.

Looking over my subject’s face once more, I couldn’t help but feel a bit better. Turning the ugliest woman in the northern continent into a beauty was certainly an accomplishment even for me.

“Is it finished?” The Demon lord of Envy asked as she used her hands to feel up her new face.

I grabbed the mirror beside me and showed the demon lord her reflection. “Satisfied?”

“I suppose,” she said as she rubbed her new chin in a poor attempt at hiding her joy.

“Good. Then like we agreed, I get the Demon Lord of Wrath.”

She waved her hand at me, too engrossed in her new appearance to give me the time of day. It had been a lot of work on my part, so I was happy she was satisfied.

My work was much better than the temporary potions of beauty she often used. While they might make her beautiful, they could never really hide what lay beneath. My work though had completely changed her face permanently.

Of course I hadn’t done it for free. There was only one person in the northern continent who could alter someone’s appearance permanently, and that was me. My time wasn’t cheap and Invidia was far from my friend.

That wasn’t my fault of course. Invidia had always been irritated by me because of my beauty, and that irritation had turned to hatred after I refused to alter her face the first time.

Maybe our feud had been my fault…but it took quite a bit of effort and time to due permanent changes. That was time I could be spending with my harem.

This time, it had been my intention to bring us a little closer before the south began their crusade. We had to be unified after all. The plan had been simple. I would make her prettier and in exchange she would give me that high elf. I even let her kidnap Kitty so it wouldn’t look too suspicious.

Invidia would never harm her and it would make the transaction much less suspicious. It would have been bad if Invidia found out my intentions. She was more childish than Ellie in some ways. If I had done the make-over for a single high elf, Invidia would have suspected I had other motives.

On top of that, I had hoped Kitty would grow a bit, perhaps even unlock her aspect. Besides, it would have been best to spend a little time away from the girl. I had been growing a little too attached to her.

I had just never factored in the interference of a third demon lord. They would never had been able to escape without the Demon Lord of Wrath’s help.

I still did not understand why she did. She had to have known that it would piss off two demon lords. Invidia had been furious when she found out that Ellie had let the two slaves free. Only my offer to do the make-over anyway had calmed her down.

Had the Demon Lord of Wrath really just been playing around? Or did she have other motives? Maybe she even knew Kitty was a hero…

I was slightly irritated, but it was also true that my prize this time might be even greater than a hero.

In exchange for giving Invidia her new face, I had asked to punish the Demon Lord of Wrath personally for her interference. Her actions had irked me a little, but knowing I would have the fairy all to myself for the next six months was enough to calm my anger. During these six months, I hoped I could at least find a hint at her true intentions as well.

The good thing was that Ellie would have no choice but to submit to me for the duration of her punishment. She had already agreed to the terms and even signed a contract. The Demon Lord of Wrath might be strong but she wasn’t strong enough to fight two demon lords simultaneously nor could she break a contract without severe repercussions. Probably.

If she did resist though, I did have one trump card. If I told the Demon Lord of Pride that Ellie had let a hero free, she would be heavily punished even if it had been a coincidence. It was my last resort though, as Lucien would kill Kitty if I recaptured her.

Teleporting back to my own territory, I called up Lady Juliette.

I turned to the succubus as she entered my bedroom. “Did you contact Annie yet?”

“Your orders were sent, Mistress.” The woman hesitated. “Are you sure about this though? I really don’t think Kitty could make it to the southern continent by herself.”

Annie was another of my six demon knights, and the third strongest of them in terms of fighting ability. However, she worked as my agent in the southern continent and only came back a few times a year. She was the one who sent informants and traders from the south my way, such as the Marquis William who I met just recently.

“There would only be one way the two would head. South. And it will be to the Revilon Empire. Since Annie is working there as an adventurer, she shouldn’t have too much trouble finding them.”

“But this is Annie we are talking about. The Sadistic Knight.”

“Well, Kitty needs a little punishment for her disobedience. Annie won’t permanently harm her, at least physically,” I said.

Lady Juliette crossed her arms. “Fine, do what you want. You are the boss. Is there anything else?”

“Tell Ellie she can come here now. It’s time I relieve a little stress.” My face broke out into a perverted smile.

I had been waiting for this moment for too long. Almost four hundred years.

It wasn’t everyday you got to play with your very own personal demon lord slave after all.

 

I added a glossary that has all the important characters as well as most of the locations if you're confused or forgetting some people like I am. It does have characters that are only introduced in the next chapter though, if you don't want to spoil yourself.

191