Chapter 45
12k 24 204
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after I met with the empress, Elaina and I had been brought by Aurelia for some quick etiquette lessons. The empress had announced that she would hold a large banquet in three days to recognize me as her daughter and a princess of the Revilon Empire. While the empress hadn’t cared much about how I behaved myself, Aurelia had wanted to make sure we wouldn’t embarrass ourselves. Especially since I was now a part of the royal family, and this was my banquet.

Fortunately, I had already had etiquette lessons in the north and had been deemed ‘barely passable’ after half a day of practise. At least according to the crown princess, I was much better than my twin sister who I had yet to meet.

Elaina was the one being taught now while I just watched on the sideline in amusement. She was struggling much more than I did at least. She wasn’t very ladylike at all. Every time I giggled, she would glare daggers at me.

After etiquette, we would also get to learn about other things. Aurelia had already planned to find someone to teach us how to read and write. We had also asked for a magic teacher, but the princess had just suggested just going to the academy for that as we would learn much more there than in the castle..

Now that I was a [Princess], I was also eventually going to be taught some skills for the class by Aurelia herself, although we hadn’t gotten to that yet.

I opened my status once more, as I had done half a dozen other times today.

STATUS
————————
Name: Adrianna Vulpis
Race: Beastkin
Gender: Female
Class: Princess
Rank: D
————————
[Attributes]
Strength: 1
Endurance: 16
Finesse: 42
Intelligence: 24
Wisdom: 20
Charisma: 92
————————
Skills:
[Cunninglingus] - Level 6
[Cleaning] - Level 4
[Blowjob] - Level 4
[Anal] - Level 3
[Charm] - Level 2
[Cooking] - Level 3
[Etiquette] - Level 1
[Light Magic] - Level 2
[Plant Magic] - Level 1
————————
Traits:
[Loyal] - If ally is in danger, all stats +10
[Adorable] - Charisma +20
[Perfect Skin] - Finesse +5, Charisma +5
[Masochist] - Some pain will be converted into pleasure
[Flexible] - Finesse +10
[Dexterous Hands] - Increased sexual ability with hands, Finesse +10
[Sharp Eyes] - Ability to see further away
————————

I smiled as I looked at the new class. Although it may not be my most desired class, it was still leagues above being a [Sex Slave]. Not only that, I was still D-rank even after the class change.

The class change itself was much simpler than I thought it would be. In fact, I didn’t even have to do anything. After I went to bed last night, both my name and class had automatically changed. According to Aurelia, it was all because the empress had recognized me as her daughter.

Unfortunately, the class transfer did not get rid of my skills and traits that I had previously, nor give me any new ones. Apparently, that was the main drawback of a class change. Even if you changed your class, you would still need to build up the required skills as well as receive some useful traits from system.

This was the main reason people rarely changed their classes unless they absolutely had to. Most people chose their classes when they were children and remained with it for their entire life. Skills were already quite difficult to learn. They took years and years of effort to raise to a suitable level.

Princess Aurelia had taught us quite a bit about the system when she realized we knew barely anything. It was a little more complicated then I had first assumed, although I had already understood most of it.

The first thing she taught us was about skills. Skills were mostly independent of class. If someone wanted to learn a skill, they just had to practise it over and over again until they picked it up. However, it was easier to learn and level skills related to your class. As I was now a [Princess], I would have to start focusing on princess-like skills to get more out of my class.

The maximum level of skills was level twenty for everyone. Aurelia herself only had two skills at that level and she had told me she was already rank A+. Most people would eventually reach the maximum level though as long as they kept practising that skill, even if it took them decades.

To level them further, you had to undergo an advancement or promotion. After a promotion, the person’s rank would be reset to F and they would have to start ranking up from the beginning again. But there were no actual drawbacks from being promoted.

Instead, the benefits were more than worth it. First, your attributes would increase by a substantial amount, much more than a normal level-up. Second, the skill level cap would be increased by another twenty levels. Finally, you would be able to continue ranking up and gaining new traits since traits could only be received on a rank up.

Any person who reached S+ could be promoted, but Aurelia didn’t tell me how a person was promoted. Apparently, even she didn’t know how to be promoted, and only knew a little about from rumours she had heard.

People who have undergone a promotion are known as Adept. At least that is the name here, they go by different names depending on where you live. In the entire Revilon Empire, there are less than two hundred people who can be called Adept. Even if you extended the range to the entire continent, the number would be less than a thousand. Even reaching S-rank was difficult, so Adepts were naturally rare.

Once you became an Adept, you would have to start levelling from the beginning again. From F-rank back to S-rank, it was just another long journey. And once you reached rank S+, you would have a chance at a second promotion.

Even rarer than Adepts were Sovereigns, people who had been promoted twice. In the entire southern continent, only five people had managed to do so. Surprisingly, I had already met one of them, my mother.

The demon lords were also Sovereigns. At least the ones I met were, like Lilith and Ellie. Aurelia hadn’t been sure about the Demon Lord of Pride and Sloth, saying they might have even undergone a third promotion.

It would take me a long time if I ever wanted to be promoted. Most people only did so when they were really old, and were usually a long-living race or had traits to reduce ageing. Even my mother was over a hundred years old, although she really didn’t look like it, and she was the youngest Sovereign in the southern continent.

“Alright, I think that’s enough training for today. Its already late afternoon.” Princess Aurelia said, interrupting my daydreaming.

“Is it dinner time yet?” Elaina asked, clearly exhausted from the training.

“No, not yet. We still have another hour or so. But I want to introduce you two to some important guests staying in the castle,” Aurelia said, her tone polite. I was still uncertain why she treated Elaina so well, even if she was my friend.

“Oh, are they nobles or something?”

Aurelia smiled while she shook her head. “No, they are heroes.”

204