Chapter 18 – In the midst of the spider’s web
7.6k 13 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


As we marched towards the 7th floor, Amber slapped Alice. 

"Ouch, you brute!"

"Can you please stop looking at Succy-chan like that?" 

Alice just pouted. "Hey!... Don't get the wrong idea." 

"Then explain the puppy eyes," Elyssa said. 

"I-"

Having no way to defend herself, she just looked away. "Hmph." 

Ilve's laughter was contagious. Soon enough, we were all laughing at Alice. Her eyes bloomed an intense bright red. It wasn't her fault she had been acting this way. Because of the pet trait, the longer I ignored her, the more her desire for my attention grew. However, at the moment we had more important matters at hand.

"Stand ready," I ordered. My maids then pushed open the entrance to the 7th floor. Once we barged in, we were at the edge of the Arachne's Hive. When we got spotted, a girl approached us at an extraordinary speed. 

"Welcome to the 7th floor," she said. Her smile was rather polite. "Are you here to visit the Hive? We weren't expecting any visitors today," she tilted her head as if confused. 

Amber readied her fist, but I stopped her. "We are here to buy some silk," I told the girl.

"You sure?" She asked. "You all look a bit too tense for that. You sure you aren't here for... something else?"

I shook my head.

"Well, anyway, you all made an excellent decision coming here. Our line of clothing is unmatched in the world. Perhaps your master would be also interested in our line of furniture." 

"Huh?" 

"Aww, come on, drop the act. All of you reek like vanilla, Lady Eligos sent you here. She is the youngest floor guardian, of course she needs our furniture. Isn't that right?" 

I replied with an awkward laugh. "Yes, she is in fact planning to remodel the entire 4th floor." 

"See, so you were here for something else, I'll escort you all to the Hive," She said. "In our way there, would you like to hear a fun fact?" 

I looked at Amber, then back at the girl. "Sure, why not?"

"In top of being the best at crafting clothing and furniture, Arachnes can also smell fear." 

"Oh, is that so?" I laughed. "Well, that sure sounds fun."

'Bitch.'

The system did not give me any notifications at all; it is likely she didn't believe my lie. If we are lucky, we'll just buy a few items and then make our way to the next floor. 'I hate insects.'

"Come on, don't stay behind," The girl said. It was easy for her to say so, she was on a mount. As long as she didn't dismount, she was faster than us, and had unlimited stamina. Those freaky Arachne-girls and their dual-morphic in nature, I wonder what it feels to have both a full humanoid body and a hollow tarantula one.

Eventually we reached the Hive. At the entrance, she dismounted and revealed her petite frame. In stature she was fairly short. Similar to her body, her curly black hair was short and only stretched down to her shoulders. Her clothing was skimpy, the plastic-looking purple armor that covered her nipples left her belly exposed and barely covered her ass.

Inside the crowded hive, it was difficult not to notice the human furniture. Their naked bodies distorted into chairs, tables and multiple footstools. The ceiling was decorated no better, spider-webs bonded dozens of human into shapes well suited to hold lamps. Alice, being the only human in my party, was the first one to break the silence, then immediately looked at me seeking my approval.

"Disgusting," She said. "Do they truly call this, art?"

"Cute, for how much are you willing to part with this one?" She asked. Her question was directed at me.

"She is not sale."

"We could turn her into a really nice chair for you, if you wished."

"Not interested."

"Do you keep any humans alive?" Amber asked. The Arachne girl smirked. 

"What makes you think they aren't alive? Come, take a look." 

She took us to a room, where there were two nude humans. One of them was a young male and the other a young female. They were both were acting as the legs for a table. What stroke was particular about them was that they were aroused and dripping.

"I heard that once stung by an Arachne, she can paralyze and de-paralyze specific body functions at will, its effect in Humans can last up for months, in other weaker species, perhaps years," Elyssa said. 

"Eh, you have done your homework well," She Arachne said. "As you can see, our products do use living humans. Our products show no sign of age or deterioration, until the age of fifty, at which point the human dies, but his carcass remains and their body looks just as when you bought them. This is because our paralysis eventually turns them into plastic, at which point you must bring them over for an additional layer of painting at least every hundred years. Every furniture you buy from us has a warranty of five hundred years. If you pay a bit extra, we can sell you an insurance and if your human turns into plastic before the fifty-year mark, we'll give you a new human at no cost." 

I just stared at her in disbelief. 

"What? well, if you want to keep the same aesthetic for the entire floor, let us know. If your order is of twenty or higher, we can open a breeding line for you. The breeding line guarantees that you will receive furniture of the same hair, eye and skin color. After a few hundred years, we can even guarantee that the freckles and birthmarks will be in the same spot. But this can be a bit tricky, so we will charge you an extra fee after five hundred years, since the breeding line will require a higher output to make up for the defects that start appearing after that many generators." 

I-

"Ah, don't worry, if you ever change your mind, we can burn the entire breeding line along with our stockpile at no extra cost. We can even permanently dispose of your furniture and offer you a discount whenever you buy a new set."

"Excellent..." 

"Ah, sorry for the ramble, but is work policy. Now, if you are wondering why the furniture is dripping, the designer of this set piece paralysed their ability to orgasm and ejaculate. No matter how much you pleasure them, they can never let go and the feeling never goes away. In fact, as the pressure builds up, so does the pleasure." 

"Is that correct?" I asked.

"What can I say, our poison is rather efficient," The Arachne-girl said, "Some prey are harder to control than others," her eyes glanced at Amber for a split of a second. "But at the end, we always win."

Dragons and ants were likely the natural enemies of the Arachnes.

"I would like to buy, one table and one chair. Do make them all female please."

"Any specific race? we do also have elfs, we have them of all kinds."

"No, just humans please."

"Alright, come follow me - the next room has our current selection."

Advanced Chapters

88