[What if?] End.
6k 7 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Succy

Then another earthquake occurred. 

"I'll punish you if you move," She said.

When my mistress left the room, my mind lingered on the softness of her tongue. I was unsure if I would kiss again, for she never returned.  Eventually part of the roof collapsed, and I landed on the spider web down below. Will my mistress punish me for leaving her favorite spot? I hope she is rough about it.

I ended up finding the necklace of wisdom among the rubble. When I equipped the necklace, my mind returned to me. 

"What I am doing here?"

There seemed to be a fight outside, I grabbed a silky dress with some hesitation then stepped outside. The texture of the silk made me aroused for a reason as it made contact with my skin. Once outside I met up with Amber who seemed to be in a hurry. "Let's get out of here " She said.

I followed her outside, only to see the rampage that had happened. The hive was falling apart, and the spiders were mostly dead, leaving only their carcasses. I didn't know what was happening. "We are leaving the dungeon" Amber said. 

"Huh?" I don't understand what line of thought that was. But the look in her eyes seemed serious. She grabbed me by the arm and we walked together until we were outside where a battle was raging on. It was the floor guardian getting the life beating out of her y a mysterious man wearing a golden armor. I've never seen such an armor as fine as his. Once he was done beating the Arachne. He waved at us. "Amber, it seems you made it after all." 

Amber just smiled, but it didn't seem like a genuine smile. "Not thanks to you," She said.

The man laughed. "Look, things don't always happen as smoothly as you want them to be."

"Who is that?" I asked.

I had this unnerving feeling to run away from him. "Don't be afraid, he is just a friend."

"Just a friend? That is really an understatement, you know, for the god of war." 

"Whatever," Amber replied. 

"Well, hold on to me, get close to the circle. We are leaving." and just like that, we spawned outside."Now what?" 

My system notified me I was no longer a slave or a pet. "Roaming mob."

"You are in your own now, ladies," The man in golden armor said. 

He smiled and just flew to the sky. It was now just me and amber, the two of us didn't know what do we didn't have any money and we were two girls in the wild. We opted out for going to the nearest town to see if we could rent a place for sleep or buy food. When we arrived, the apparent manifestation of a succubus and a dragon girl raised many eyebrows and we got plenty of bad stares. We reached the adventurer's guild to see if we could fetch some coins. When we entered the place, most of the people were divided into their respective harems. "Is this how the heroes behave?"

Amber went straight to the reception desk, where a pretty brunette awaited. 

"We are here to join the guild," Amber said. 

"You can either pay a fee or do a quest for us."

We didn't have any money, so we took the quest. It was rather simple one; the guild girl tasked us to hunt some rats that have been plaguing the sewers nearby the port. After walking for a few blocks, we entered a basement below the docks that lead to the sewers. But it seems we were not alone. A group of three adventurers were already discussing the entry to the sewers. "The place is nasty and scary. Why do we have to do this?" one of them asked. 

When they saw us, they were a bit afraid because Amber was a dragon, but my high charisma made them blush and they didn't bother us anymore. "This is really dumb," I said, as we butchered a few rats. "Things could be different if we had stayed at the dungeon."

Amber did not respond. 

The dark subterranean alleys smelled like shit. It didn't take long for us to clean the dungeon. Once were returned to the guild, we were paid for finishing the quest and at last they made us into adventurers. Although we were just rank F scrubs. This didn't seem fair, as the other people in our same rank seemed weaker than us. 'Was this discrimination?'

When we finally sat at a table to enjoy a good meal of ramen, the muscular spear wielder sitting on the table next to us approached us with a question. "So you two are transmigrators?" He asked, "why did it take you so long to join the guild?" 

I had no idea how he knew. But didn't feel like asking, as it might put us at a disadvantage. 

"if you join my team, I can help you two reach rank A in no time," He said. We politely declined. However, other high-level adventurers kept inviting us to their tables as if we were trophies for their harem. They all seemed like jerks, so we declined.  

Transmigration must be a recurring phenomenon. But if we had to form a group, for sure it couldn't be with people stronger than us. Amber and I looked at our badges and then set out to find people with similar skill levels. By luck, we saw the newbie team of adventurers that we had encountered in the sewers. Their team composition was exactly what we needed, a healer, an archer, and a warrior. Not that I didn't trust Amber's fighting skills, but two warriors allow us to have a tank in the team. Even better yet, two of them were girls. 

If I made a spin-off book, that continued this What If scenario, would you read it?
  • Yes, but I like the dungeon setting more Votes: 151 50.3%
  • No Votes: 30 10.0%
  • Yes, I like it more than the dungeon setting Votes: 50 16.7%
  • Yes Votes: 69 23.0%
Total voters: 300
59