Chapter 19 – A new Beginning
8.8k 16 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Map of the 357th Floor


The Arachnes were greedier than what I thought. Not only did they force me to buy a set of human furniture, but they also pushed me into buying a set of handmade dresses, of which I only got to keep one due to Lady Eligos liking the rest. She didn't seem to care about the price, instead she was happy that I delivered the letter as planned. Upon my return, she told the Dungeon Core that I passed my Flood Guardian Training.

When I was teleported to the residence of the Dungeon Core for the graduation ceremony, I was expecting to see the DC one more time, but instead I was met by a crowd of around twenty people. Everyone in the room was a prospect floor guardian. Among them, there was not a single person that I knew. 'Did Amber not get promoted?'

Just when I was about to see if I could ask someone, Eva scared me by whispering into my ear. "Succy-chan, congratulations in your promotion, they assigned you to Floor 357th." She said.

"Huh? I thought that this Dungeon only had 50 floors."

"Not really. The dungeon only has 50 active floors, but there is no hard limit on the number of inactive ones. We throw all of our newbies into the inactive floors."

"Then what about all the training I did, what was all that for?" Eva only smiled. 

"Oh that?, without it you not be able to comprehend the mindset needed to survive in this dungeon. Now, before I teleport you to your Dungeon Floor, tell me... mind doing me a favor when you are down there?"

"huh?"

"Choose me when the time is right."

I did not know what she meant by that, but before I could ask, she teleported me into my floor.

'Blah, at least this isn't so bad,' as a floor guardian at last, I would finally have some sense of autonomy, or so I thought. But my floor was truly small, a 10x10 meter square. The place felt dull and desolated. Other than a bed, a chair and a carpet, the room lacked anything worth of notice except for one thing. The altar-looking cauldron seemed to be brewing something. Is it an inhibitor? I don't recall seeing any of these on the other floors. 

[+0.01 Demon Points.]

It gave me points every second. My system indicated that I could use the points to buy upgrades for my floor. "Perhaps I could summon a minion."

I opened my system to see how many points I had.

[400 DP]

'Not bad, I guess, let's see what I can summon with that.'

'Wow,' Why is summoning so expensive? 12k points to summon one of my elf maids... Oh, summoning Alice is rather cheap in comparison since she is a level 8. After spending 300 points, Alice ended up getting teleported into the room. 

"Great, I am now bankrupt." 

I let out a small cry which did not go unnoticed by Alice. "What is it, master?" She asked. At this rate, it was going to take nine years to earn enough points to buy all my minions back. 

"Master, who is that?" 

Someone was knocking on the door. A visitor from the next floor? "Come on, let me in," they said. 

"No idea," I snapped my fingers, and the door opened. I wasn't aware that anyone was going to visit me, but it beat staring at the Inhibitor. 

"I can't b-breath," the witch that came out of the door was hugging me too tightly. 

"Oh no!, master is under attack!"

"Oops," She said. At last, breaking the bear hug that was strangling me. 

"Who are you?" I asked. Unlike the top 50 floor guardians, the rest of the floor guardians were relatively unknown. The girl introduced herself as a Lady Miriam, the guardian of the next floor. 

She is the weakest floor guardian that I've ever seen. "So what brings you here?" I asked. She seemed happy that I at last accepted her intrusion. 

"We are neighbors, I heard we got promoted at the same time, so I brought you a cake!" 

I did not remember seeing this purple haired girl at the ceremony, but then again I was only there briefly before Eva teleported me away. Nevertheless, my stomach rumbled, so I inspected the cake. "I don't like Vanilla." 

Miriam looked at me with a pitiful face. "Come on, I spent two days' worth of Demonic points just for you." 

"Fine."

She took a shinning silver spoon, and with a smile she grabbed cake and reached for my mouth. I was just about to take a bite when her arm bursted into an explosion of blood. My face dripped with floor. The spoon, along with her hand, flew towards the ceiling and spun its way down. Her screams echoed across the room as she lay on the floor. My eyes barely had time to react when the intruder's Katana butted me in the face. 

"Stupid, have you learned nothing?" The Katana wielding maniac asked. Her soft voice sounded familiar.

"Ange..."

"The cake was a trap," she said, kicking the now agonizing Miriam. "This bitch was trying to steal your Demon Points away from you."

When I tried to stand up, she pressed the cold tip of her Katana against my throat. "Do not leave your seat, please" she said. Alice tried to defend me, but Ange gave her a kick on the chin that sent her plummeting straight into the floor. 

"Now if you excuse me, I'll be taking your sweet Demonic Points along with hers," Ange said, stomping on Miriam once again. The poor amputee was recoiling on the floor while Ange took a simp from the inhibitor, swiftly reducing my points to zero. 'Bastard.'

When Ange left the room, she said nothing. My only question was, "How am I supposed to clean this room now?"

However, there was a silver lining to this defeat. I was able to get Alice to heal Miriam for a sum of 200 Demonic Points, of which I used to buy two level 1 minions. 'Now I just need to find a way to level them up...' 

77