Prologue
1.6k 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-All right, its done how do you feel?

-I feel fine doctor, i know you do good work. 

-I know, just making sure. So that will be 50,000 dollars for the facial reconstruction procedure. 

-I've already transferred the cash doc cut me some slack. 

-Not after what happened last time. 

-hehe that was a good one, well see you later doc. 

-Comeback soon if your face starts to melt. 

I walk out doctor Angela's lab and into the underground streets of Zurich. The streets are quiet, while that's normal in this part of town its quieter than usual. That doesn't bother me really, i rather like the silence. Walking towards my safehouse i notice a few rain drops from above, soon enough it starts to rain. With this rather calming background noise i think back to the cause of the city's quiet streets. 

It was a couple months back when i was hired by the KGB to assist in a heist of a CIA data farm in Munich. It was supposed to be a quick snatch and dash but as all things involving the CIA it quickly went sideways. 

-Snake! Where the hell are you!

-Providing overwatch. 

BANG!

As the sound of a 338 magnum round rang out and the cyclops class mech slumped down with a broken cockpit and a dead pilot. 

-See. 

-Hmph, continue providing overwatch and cover us till the exfill! 

-Copy that

As the KGB spec ops team disengaged i picked off the remaining guards trying to persue. Soon i spot a sniper glint in the building across from me. 

BANG! BANG! 

As i fire a speculative shot at the glint i immediately get hit by a 50 cal to the face shattering my face mask. 

-Damn, nice shot. Oi Sergei watch out they got a sniper and he's damn good, I've been nicked. 

-Roger. Damn it why does it always goes to shit when the CIA is involved!? 

-They're cursed, i told you during the briefing. 

I put on a spare mask and proceeded to the exfill point. I dial my wristwatch's outer dial by 5 seconds. The security forces blow the floor under me and i nearly fell, but i clenched my fist to activate my watch, i teleport back to my position 5 seconds ago. As i start running from skyscraper to skyscraper i hear two more shots ring out, probably the sniper. I encounter a team of special forces probably sent to intercept the KGB squad. I draw my pistol and drop the first 2, the rest of the team open fire but i dispatch them quickly. 

Another sniper shot rings out and i quickly take cover, I'm pinned down here but i have an idea. I deploy a holographic decoy and have run one direction while i go the other. This should get me out of this situation. After confusing the sniper i make my way to where the KGB should be. I soon arrive at the exfill point and see the KGB spec ops getting their ass handed to them by a brunette with a Hecate II sniper rifle. After she killed the last spec ops member she points her rifle at me. 

-And what about you? 

-Not in my contract, im just covering them till the exfill point. 

-Hmph, Command, targets neutralised. 

I threw a business card at her feet. 

-You're a pretty good shot, if you want to make a quick buck contact me. 

I didn't look at her reaction as i walked away and disappeared into the alleyway. 

33