Chapter 22- The Great Experiment
387 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally. Finally, after weeks of tweaking and trial and error Miss Lily and i managed to get the mana-gun working. It fires a bolt of mana equivalent to a .308 NATO round, though rate of fire is low, at 400 rounds a minute. The mana-gun can fire 45 shots before it needs to recharge, with recharge time from completely empty taking around 10 seconds, though it is possible to just let it recharge after a few shots to keep it topped up. We managed to get a around the power supply issue thanks to Miss Lily coming up with a new design for the mana battery and by using mithril. To solve the heat issue we lined the barrel with orichalum, since the mana projectiles fly straight and at nearly the speed of light the barrel didn't need rifling, surprisingly Cherié gave me the idea so i gave her some money so she can go explore Sciencia. 

The whole project costed me 10 million dollars, the most expensive parts were the mithril for the magazine and the orichalum-lined barrel. Once it was complete i  decided to also make a mana-revolver which costed me another 5 million. This one only has 6  shots before needing to recharge but each shot hits like a .50 beowulf and it only takes like 6 seconds to recharge. 

After we finally finished the whole project i decided to leave the magos Republic, i left Miss Lily some ideas and a copy of my mana battery blueprint. I'm sure Isaac will be asking her what she and i worked on. I could've sped up the project but i wanted her to get over her sister's death. Maybe Isaac may also help her in that department. 

Cherié and i leave heading to the papal state called the Church of Saintess Marie. The capital is called Vatican City, apparently the Saintess was deeply Catholic though she apparently married Isaac. I found out after digging through Isaac's personal archives, apparently the saintess had a bit of a sweet tooth so Isaac had quite a few cafes built which remained popular to this day. 

We enter the Vatican and walk down the main road, the whole city feels like one massive cathedral with marble pillars lining the road and monasteries around every corner. We visit a few shops and Cherié wants to buy a few trinkets, apparently she has a collection. We soon arrive at the grand cathedral and an old priest walks up to us. 

-Hello there, may i help you?

-Oh yes, can we have a tour of the cathedral. 

-Oh of course follow me. 

He shows us around the cathedral and we see all the architecture and the murals and all the statues of the Saintess and even statues of the supposed angels. We see the grand church piano having maintenance being done on it. Eventually we arrive at a large statue of a man wearing a suit and tie with what appears to be massive coat tails almost making it look like a hybrid between a suit and a trench coat which looks surprisingly good. 

I look down at the base of the statue to read its name, the Seraphim. 

-Hello there. 

I look around to see that im in a white room, though the white has hints of gold. I see the man the statue is based on siting on a couch with a book and mug of what appears to be coffee. I sit across from him on an identical couch. 

-So your the Seraphim. 

-Yup, we finally have the chance to meet face to face. 

-So what do you want to talk about? 

-I don't know, you can ask me anything. We got all the time in the world. 

-Why did you send me to Enigma?

-simple, you were going to die. 

-Why did you save me?

-Because you are the great experiment. 

-Great Experiment? 

-Cmon Snake, why don't you take of your mask and look in the mirror. 

He hands me a small mirror and i pull down my hood and take of my mask. I look at myself in the mirror. I realise i look exactly like him. Snow White skin with silver hair and red and blue eyes. 

-How, what, why? 

-you subconsciously wanted that look, deep down we're the same, we share the same soul. 

-Wait a minute, back up and explain. 

-We're copies of the same man, the Fifth Prince, we were created to explore new worlds by reincarnating in them, growing up and eventually steering them to be integrated into the Empire. 

-Empire? 

-The Vortigaunt Empire, spanning hundreds of galaxies. We've managed to created technology capable of just about anything. We can mass produce universes to be used as a power supply. Infact you have one in your soul. 

-wait what? 

-Every clone of us and really the entire Imperial family has a universe inside as an unlimited power supply. The Emperor and the Princes are all enjoying millennia of holidays and leisure. Well except for us. 

-So why not us?

-Cause we're the youngest ones, and because of our unique ability it's our job to explore and find new things for the Empire. 

-So why contact me now? 

-Cause you saw my statue, and because you managed to build Mana based technology. And because you're now used to this world. 

-Is it possible to go back? 

-Hahaha, is it possible to go back he says, we're the fifth Prince. If we wanted to we could easily travel 10 trillion light-years in a split second. 

-I have so many questions. 

-You know what, i think it be easier to just unlock your link to the rest of us. 

-Wait what? 

Ughhh fuck that hurts, i feel all the memories and experience going thru my head. How many of us are there? 

-I have no idea how many of us are there, but we have a collective age of around 30,000 earth years. Give or take a few thousand years. 

-Huh, how did you bypass the DNI? 

-We clones can communicate through our souls. Instant communication through out the multiverse. 

-So what's the benefits? 

-Aside from effectively Immortality and instant communication with other versions of yourself, you also get access to all the knowledge we've collected so you can use that for more projects. 

-So what now? 

-Now you go back to the real world, don't worry no time has actually passed. You can figure out the rest. 

Everything begins to fade as the statue and cathedral returns to my vision. 

14