Chapter 24- Hat Trick
369 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

11:00

We set of to the marshes and we soon start getting baby crabs nibbling at our ankles. The further in we go the bigger the crabs get, we even encounter horse size crayfish with acid spit. Buckshot seems to be very effective with dealing with them. We soon reach the queen's nest and see her rise out of the mud and she's huge, at least 15 meters tall and built like a barn. 

I have Cherié distract her with either concussions or thermite grenades. While she's doing that i prep the hellfire launcher. I get a lock on her crabby face and fire. 

Boom! 

Straight through the shell. There's a 10cm diameter hole clean through the queen. I have Cherié clean up the remainder while i put the Queens corpse. We wad through the marshes and get back in the antelope and drive to the next target.

13:00

We arrive at the mining village and go to meet the foreman. He tells us that the quarry was overrun a week ago and the village is quickly going under, so unless we can clear the quarry quick the quarry will have to be abandoned. So we quickly head to the edge of the quarry and start scouting with Binos. 

As far as we can see is that the bloodclaws only occupy a few caves and spend most of their time outside at the bottom of the quarry. I hand Cherié a SVU DMR and i set up my Locust sniper. I have Cherié pick off the younger ones while i focus on the alpha and Brood mother. Her DMR can rapid fire the younglings while my sniper can punch through the bigger ones tougher hide. 

Bang

Bang

I take out the brood mothers and swivel over to the alpha,while i prepare to take the shot Cherié starts firing. 

Bang Bang Bang Bang

Bang Bang Bang Bang 

She clears the younglings and reloads to finish of the rest. While she does that i fire on the alpha. 

Bang

Afterwards it basically became a shooting gallery with the two of us sweeping the quarry. Once its empty we head down to check the nooks and crannies to see if we missed any. We clean up the left overs then i collect the corpses of the alpha and brood mothers. We return to the mining village and tell the foreman to keep the remaining corpses to help restart the mining operation. He gives me a bottle of mead, says that its a family tradition to hand homemade mead for guests of honor. I put the bottle in my storage and we set off to last target. 

16:00

We reach the part of the forest where the wolfpack is supposedly hunting in. We soon find tracks leading to a lake where their resting. It seems that we're abit late, the pack has been nearly wiped out by an army of ogres though not before putting up a hell of a fight. I count the bodies and the wolves were out numbered 4 to 1 and the wolf corpses are around 30. Continuing towards the lake we see the Dire Wolf laying on a rock dying. I walk towards it and pat its head, its too late to save it but i can atleast put it out of its misery. I put a shot through it head and collect its corpse. As we leave though i hear a whimper from behind the rock, a small white wolf pup walks towards me and snuggles up to my leg. I bend down and take a closer look at the pup to see that she has a collar with the name Fey written on it, there also seems to be a note hanging on the collar. 

Fenrir's daughter, take good care of her okay! 

Signed Seraphim

Goddammit me, do we really have to be on the nose with this? Fine I'll take care of her. 

19:00

We head back to the Merchant City and enter the adventurer guild. The sounds of merry drinking and celebrating suddenly go silent when we enter. The adventurers all gaze at Cherié, some are fearful some stare with admiration or respect. I walk towards the reception desk and talk to Rachel. 

-Oh Snake! What do you need? 

-I'm here to turn in my contracts. I got a giant crab queen, the alpha and two broodmothers of a bloodclaw pack and a Dire Wolf ready to drop off. 

-What? 

-I got a-

-Wait i got what you said, but are you serious? 

-Yeah, i can show you. 

I pull out the dire wolf corpse and the entire guild go silent, even more than when we walked in. 

-want me to pull out the rest? 

-Nonono it's alright let me bring out the documents, uhh can follow me please. 

I follow Rachel to the back rooms and she shows us to one of the guilds massive freezer room. 

-you can drop the spoils here. 

I pull out the corpses and Rachel hands me a document to fill out. 

-It'll take some time to get money ready so you'll have to wait a few days. 

-Okay then. 

I return to see Cherié playing with Fey with the other adventurers slowly cheering up. Though some still seem afraid of her. I tell her to get up and we leave the guild. 

13