Side Chapter 7- Aftermath
348 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Cherié was scaring the rest of the guild Snake was having a conversation with the guildmaster, Albert. 

-So what is it you want me to do? 

-To the point as usual i see. In that case i have 3 contracts for you. 

He slides Snake 3 files each filed with details about the monsters Snake is supposed to kill. Snake starts looking through the files before looking back at Albert. 

-Why these 3 in particular? 

-Why you ask? 

-They seem... Odd. 

-Keen instincts there. Fine I'll explain. The Giant Crab Queen is a favor for the church, the marshes she inhabits are the sites of a historical battle of great significance for the church. 

-The Bloodclaws? 

-Since the dark elves have gotten their gem mine back operational they've flooded the market with large amounts of gemstones. If you can clear out the quarry then the market can stabilise, plus the stones mined can help bolster construction. 

-And what about the wolves? 

-that's a personal request, and several caravans have reported being attacked. 

-I see... 

-Don't look so down, aside from the large payment, both you and your partner will be given S-rank guild cards. 

-Wait aren't S-ranks only given.. 

-Yes, they're only handed out to those with both the strength and approval of nearly all the major nations. After all, S rank gives you diplomatic immunity and gives you access to any new info involving new monsters, their movement and you'll hear about any announcement the guild makes early. 

-There's a catch isn't there? 

-There is, any request made to you will have to accept, and these requests are the hardest the guild has and occasionally may come from other nations. Hence why you need approval from nearly every nation the adventurer guild has a branch in. Which you have. 

-Lemme guess, the church and the smaller nations haven't given their approval? 

-Yes, the church still only has a vague impression of you and the smaller duchies didn't like  the dark elves flooding the market with gemstones. 

-I see, then i better get to it. 

Snake then gets up to leave the office then heads down to complete his jobs. As he leaves he listens to the bug he planted under the table. 

-Seriously, he's probably the only man since the Heroes to get on the good side of every major player on the continent. From wiping out the corruption in the Nova Terra Kingdom to deciding the heir to the Valorite Throne. Even managing to slay the greedy dragon. Still, how did he manage to heal the mother tree? 

Albert continues to monologue to himself about Snake's achievements, such as managing to get the beastmen Council to agree on something and catching the interest of the mayor of Sciencia. Albert then started rambling about other miscellaneous things like why his sister isn't written back to him or why his secretary is late again. As he continued on Snake listened and thought to himself. 

-Does this idiot ever shut up?

14