Chapter 31- The (K)night
264 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I started interrogating Rodriguez, surprisingly he was willing to answer just about every question i had. I decided to ask him about the Chairwoman. 

-Who is the Chairwoman exactly? 

-She is the one who has orchestrated everything, from world governments to the underground black market, she was the one who stole the dark matter bomb. 

-Where did she come from? 

-No one knows, she just appeared one day and slowly made her empire. I'm not entirely sure how she did it. 

-Where is she now? 

-I don't know, you'll have to ask the knight. 

-Who's the Knight? 

-The accountant and manger of the intelligence side of the network. 

-And where is he? 

-He's in his family castle in Scotland. Be careful Snake, he's a tough nut to crack. 

-I'm looking forward to it. 

Rodriguez gave further info on his operation, this should placate the FBI. He also further elaborated on the Knights location. Afterwards i left him with the agents looking after the safehouse and departed back to the Elliot. 

When i arrived back on the Elliot i see Fox and Cherié apparently nursing a 2 day hangover, turns out they went on a bar crawl of epic proportions. So I'll have to discuss with Brooks without them. 

-So Snake what did Rodriguez tell you? 

-The location of our next target and the mastermind behind the whole thing. 

-He must've resisted the Interrogation. 

-Actually he didn't, he answered everything i asked. 

-That feels suspicious. 

-I agree, but we don't have any more leads. 

-True, i guess we'll just have to make it work. 

I tell him everything Rodriguez told me and handed the pictures i took of the weapons and drugs in the Megablock. Brooks tells me that this should help relations between the alphabet soup of secret agencies. 

After a few days the Supercarrier and her escorts set of to Europe, the cover story this time is that we're sent to reinforce and train European fleets. We dock in the UK and Cherié, Fox, and Fey are ready for the mission, I've already briefed them on what the plan is. Thanks to satellite imaging we have a good idea on what to expect, plenty of guards but we should be able to sneak past them and capture the Knight in his office within the castle. 

In dead of night and under heavy rain we reach the castle. We get close to the gate and drop the guards. 

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Once that's done we scale the walls and proceed to eliminate the rest of the guards. 

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

We enter the castle proper and slowly make our way to the office, taking out any guards we come across. Eventually we reach the office and we prepare to sneak in. I slowly open the door and the girls cover me. What i see is an old man sitting in his chair reading a book. 

-So you finally came Snake. 

-I assume that the Chairwoman told you about me? 

-Yes, she told me a lot about you. 

He gets up and swiftly draws a sword, similar to what a medieval knight would wield. The girls prepare to fire but i tell them to stand down. I holster my rifle and grab a sword he has prepared for me. 

-Since you're willing to accept my duel, you must be desperate to find her. 

-Well that is one reason, the other is that i was wondering why they call you the Knight. 

-Oh? That's simple, i have never wielded a gun. I have always adhere to my ancestral training. 

I charge at him and we clash swords, we exchange blows but neither of us can deal a decisive blow. He may not have the stamina to last but he certainly has the skill and training, i can only rely on my reflexes. I'm gonna have to search my Seraphim memories for anything involving swordmanship. Huh, turns out there's a lot of sword training here, well that's good. 

I focus on defense to buy time for me to process the memories, i get pushed back but eventually i manage to get the better of him. Slowly i push him back before i finally manage to disarm him. 

-Impressive, i didn't think you could do it. She was right after all. 

He turns into a puff of smoke and leaves behind a letter. I pick up the letter and read it, all that's written is just a set of coordinates and one sentence. 

"Be prepared, the master awaits" 

The girls run up and fox starts questioning me. 

-What the hell was that! I didn't know you could wield a sword! Also i thought we were going after a Knight, not a goddamn ninja! 

-Relax, we got what we came here for. We got the coordinates to the Chairwomans location. Cherié, go search the room for intel and documents. 

As she goes to search Fox decides to stop asking questions and goes to assist Cherié. As they search i start thinking, the Master was the one who trained me, she picked me up when i was nothing but a child. If she's the Chairwoman then why did she try to blow me up? Or for that matter why set up the network? Even going through my Seraphim memories turns up nothing. I decide to just ask the Chairwoman when i find her. 

====================================

(A.N why do i have to get an ear infection now of all days? Oh, also we're getting close to the climax of the story yay!) 

12