Chapter 10 (Deep/In A Stupor)
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep/In A Stupor
Hinata snuggled against him, resting her head against his chest while they cuddled in bed together. After their wedding night, they simply enjoyed one another’s company. Shino let out a satisfied sigh after making love to his Hinata, and Hinata seemed to enjoy it as well—and the hive finally silenced their incessant cries for Shino’s pleasure. Shino then traced a finger along Hinata’s cheek, before running it down her throat and bare, sizeable chest, then circled around her side. Hinata started to rouse from her sleep, though she seemed to be in a stupor as she smiled sleepily at Shino.

“Good morning...Shino-kun,” Hinata said.

Shino lips curved into a smile and he leaned forward to press a kiss onto her delectable lips. Being with Hinata was the greatest treasure of all, and Shino often felt like he himself was in a stupor. That this was all a dream and he would eventually wake up and cruel reality would be Hinata was with someone else, happily in the arms of another man (or woman) and Shino was left alone.

Shino shook his head. He thought too much, didn’t he? Spending a lot of time alone in his head, imagining the negative (he often said realistic but he knew he could be a bit negative as a self-aware self-assessment. It was how he survived as a shinobi, after all) though Hinata taught him to open his heart and disclose his feelings. It was wonderful, loving a partner and a beautiful woman who would return his affections. She cuddled closer to him, their legs entwined among the bedsheets. Hinata kissed the pulse of his throat, which bobbed with a quick breath of pleased contentment as he murmured in a sleepy undertone. “Hinata?”

Hinata stirred within his arms, wrapping a slender arm around his shoulders and drawing him close so that their noses touched one another’s, and they both stared deeply into the other’s eyes.

“Yes, dear?”

“I know this is an odd question to ask, and it’s not me doubting your love in any way, shape, or form, but...what made you choose me?”

And not Naruto, he silently voiced in that question.

Hinata looked at him for a while, before she snuggled closer to him and kissed his neck. She entwined one hand within his own (the hand that bore their wedding ring) and she pressed his hand against her chest, where he felt her pulse.

“Because, dear, you showed an earnest devotion and love that I couldn’t ignore. You’ve always been patient with me...training me, and consoling me, and watching over me as a teammate. You’re truly an incredible man, Shino...and I’m sorry I haven’t been able to express my feelings as I can before, but now...being in your arms...you make me feel safe...and you’ve always been there for me ever since we formed Team 8. Is that not a satisfactory answer as to why I chose you?”

Shino kissed the top of her head to reassure her. “It’s more than enough. Thank you. Sometimes I feel that this entire thing is a dream, and I will wake up one day and you won’t be there any longer. But now...I’m reassured that everything is indeed real.”

“I suppose that you spend a lot of time in your head, Shino,” Hinata said with a soft giggle, before she moved to kiss him on the lips. “I couldn’t express myself properly for the longest time. Always afraid of offending someone or being selfish. But you taught me that being a little selfish is okay, caring for oneself and tending to one’s own needs, and also becoming a stronger person. It’s all thanks to you, Shino-kun...”

Shino flushed. There was no collar to hide the pleased embarrassment growing on his face.

“I see.”

He cleared his throat, wondering how to convey all the warm and buoyant feelings he felt towards the silver eyed Hyuuga Heiress. He loved her and she loved him. Was there anything more that could be said about the matter? Shino didn’t know, but he felt that he should show Hinata his love to her. He kissed her on the lips again, taking her entire mouth with his own, and it was one of the sweetest kisses that blossomed into a full make out session like they were teenagers. Both panted for breath afterwards, feeling the rise and fall of their shoulders heaving from such an intense session. But Shino found he liked it, very much. He wanted to let Hinata that she was wanted and loved.

He will always be by her side. It was the vow he made—and he would be with her forever until he took his last dying breath.

Editing Pass Number 1 - August 20, 2021

0