Chapter 0.5 – Finally found you
1.7k 11 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

North Virnir || Icepeak Kingdom || Nightwell Hold || Race majority: Kitsune (Ice-affinity)


???'s PoV || Throne room

*sigh* “So today make's it 18 years...”

Just over 17 years ago, my... late husband took my one and only son away from me. All because I was “too overprotective” to the point I would act in violence to anyone who got near him, including his sisters. I'm not proud of it, I do love my daughters very much. Maybe it was because I finally had a son. It's rare for Kitsune to birth a male.

Unfortunately it's not so simple to get him back. My late husband was quiet adapt at magic (even more then me, just barely though). He teleported my baby away from me. Also placing some sort of hiding magic, which we could never discover. So dispelling it was out of the question. Maybe I should of tried more and got more information out of him somehow.

*sigh "You just had to kill him, didn't you? Guess you really wanted him back too."

"Hmm? You talking about Rei, mother?"

With the sudden voice snapping me out of my train of thought. I turn my head slightly to the left to suddenly see Kyuu standing there calm and seemingly awaiting a answer.

“Huh? Quiet like always Kyuu.”

Kyuu is my second eldest daughter. She has always been quiet, whether its moving around or talking. She not really known to show her emotions openly. Luckily I've grown accustomed to her personality, so I can can usually tell what she's feeling.

“Mother, how long are you going to keep sulking? Dad's magic can't stay active forever. You know this. We'll see him again.”

Hmm? She's right, but...
I give her a little smile.

“I know, I know. I just want him back immediately, that's all... Anyway, where's Rei?”

“Big sis? I believe she left this morning. All I know she's gone south, towards the human kingdom. Her reason though is unknown. I don't think she told anyone.”

“Hmm... I see, I will have to check up on her la-”

*knock, knock*

“Sorry to disturb you, your Majesty, but I bring urgent news.”

Could it be?

“Enter!”

Entering the room is one of my handmaidens, Mika. Earlier I sent her to check on the Mages Tower, where I've got a team of my best mages constantly searching for my son. It's been mostly a fruitless effort in all honesty, but today seems to be the day I've finally been waiting for.
After a small bow. Mika looked at me, presenting a small smile.

“Your Majesty... We've found him.”

I just want to burst out cheering. I'm so happy. I can finally get my baby boy back.
Looking to my left I see Kyuu acting all calm and collected, but she can't fool me. I know she's very happy. I wonder if he'll be able to make her show her emotions. That's an interesting thought.
I show Mika a small smile.

“Thanks Mika, please continue.”

“Just as we thought, the magic hiding him was temporary. He's located as the only human living in the neutral village of Larnsol, between the Human kingdom and the Catfolk, but..err...”

Damn it. Don't start hesitating.

“Out with it Mika!”

“A-ah! Y-yes! Well...5 years ago, since it was a family matter, Mages Tower sent Rei to investigate this village for your son and well... she c-came back saying it wasn't him...”

“WHAT?!”

I raise to my feet in a flash.

“Kyuu! What do you think?”

“I know nothing of this mother, but it could be the reason she left this morning without telling anyone. If I had to guess, she knew it was him this whole time and lied saying he wasn't there. It wouldn't surprise me if this isn't the first time she's left without a word.”

I can feel my blood start to boil after Kyuu's little analysis. It's no use to get angry now, but what is she planning. I'm pretty sure she's not taking after her father, since she hates the man. Does she want him all to herself? No matter, I will bring him back to me. No matter what.
I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

“Since most girls are away at the moment. Kyuu? Can you bring Akio to the throne room, please.

Kyuu gives me a little nod and leaves.

“Mika, I thank you and the Mages Tower for all your hard work over the years on a personal matter.”

“A-ah, your Majesty. It's our pleasure. I think we all wanted to see the Prince finally return home.”

“Now, I have more request.”

“Anything, your Majesty.”

“How's Lisa these days?”

“L-lisa? Well...”

Mika blushes lightly. That bad, huh?

“W-well she's a hellhound. Mating is thing they would do aggressively and regularly to males, even to just random guys they meet, but Lisa refuses. It's been about 10 years now she's been resisting the urges. She is horny, you can tell by just looking at her, but she won't mate with anyone other then her to-be husband.”

*sigh* “That girl... least she's loyal to him. One of the reasons I chose her for him. Mika! please send his location to her.”

“A-ah! A-are you sure that's wise your Majesty? You know what will happen, right?

“I DON'T CARE! As long as I get him back in my arms in the end. That is all that matters.”

“R-right... I will go to her at once.”

Without hesitation, Mika gives a small bow and exits the throne room. I suppose I went a bit to far, but I didn't lie. No matter what.

*knock, knock*

Entering the room is Kyuu and skipping along behind her...

“Heyoooo! Akio is here!”

Ah... so energetic. Akio here is my son's twin sister. When she was old enough to understand, I told her she had a twin brother, but then... she asked me “where?” I told her the truth, she was quiet for about a week after that. I suppose knowing you have a twin brother somewhere in the world, hit her harder then I thought. After that she always acts like she's happy, so full of energy. But I'm her mother, I know how she is truly feeling.

“So... Mama! What do you need me for?”

Akio looks at me very excitedly.

“Kyuu didn't tell you?”

“I though it'd be better if you told her.”

I motion Akio to come closer. I bend down to her level.

*whisper* “We found him.”

Akio's eye grow wide and instantly grabs both my hands.

“Is it true? Really, really? You've found big bro?”

I give her a warm smile.

“Sis, you do know your technically older the him right? Your his big sister...£

Akio turns around to face Kyuu.

“ I. Don't. Care. Big bro is big bro”

This is another habit she generated after telling her she had a brother. I have no idea where it came from. Maybe she developed some sort of brother complex where she wants a big brother. I have no idea.
I clap my hands together to grab their attention.

“Now you two I got a mission for you. Bring him home. No matter what.”

Kyuu tilts her head slightly.

“No matter what? You sure about this mother? What if our... “bestial urges” take over?”

“Kyuu...”

“Hmm?”

“No matter what.”

*sigh* “Very well mother. I suppose there's no law against brother and sister love for us Kitsune.”

“Ohhhh..!?”

Akio show Kyuu a big grin.

“So Kyuu loves, loves, LOVES! Big bro. I can never tell with you.”

Kyuu glares at Akio

“Don't pretend to act all innocent yourself, Akio. I know if given a chance...”

“Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. Brother and sister must always be together after all.”

“Girls! I'm not finished. Firstly Rei is up to something. Probably trying to take him all to herself. Watch out for her.”

“Oh! I was starting to wonder why Rei wasn't here with us.”

“Kyuu will tell you the rest later. Okay, secondly Lisa is going, separately of course.”

“Lisa really? That hellhound... I don't like her...”

“Akio you've barely spoke to her. Brother is her soon-to-be husband. Mothers words.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know. I just have to get him before her. That's all”

I clap my hands again.

“Okay girls, there's your mission. Bring him home, no matter what. I'll get into contact with the other girls”

“Yes, mother. We'll leave at once.”

“Yes, mama. Let's go Kyuu!”

As they say their farewells to me, they exit the room.

I stretch my arms a little.

“Well... Time to get to work! I better contact the other girls first. Their gonna be so happy. Hmm... I should have a special book on long distance spells somewhere around here. Never done it before but since I know where he is now, maybe dream peaking will help me talk to my baby sooner.
Ah! The thought of holding my little boy again, it's... exciting... No! I must control myself... for now. Now who to contact first...
Hmm? Hanako is quiet close... closer then Rei... Hmm...”

Nao, my baby boy. You'll be home soon. I promise.

34