Chapter 20: Back to Glory City
1.7k 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After cultivating for a month, Shen Yue accumulated sufficient spiritual power and understanding of the power of law and broke through to demi-god realm. Yu Yan also stepped into power level of demigod with more parts of divine spark recovered. The process that was supposed to take many years was simplified with the help of Shen Yue’s system. Yu Yan was now fully convinced of his abilities and no longer treated him as a mortal but as an equal.

After coming out of his semi-seclusion, he went to check for news in the inn. As he expected there were already rumors of recruitment by Nether realm. He didn’t hear any news about Nie Li so he wasn’t sure if he was already here. After staying for a few more days, he decided to return to Glory City together with Yu Yan hidden inside his pockets. She was already able to recover to her full length form but until she gathered all her divine sparks she decided to stay in this form.

On their way back, they were ambushed by the two demon beasts who were guarding Yu Yan at Black Spring. They were peak legend rank and would have given the both of them trouble before but with their current cultivation, they easily overpowered them. Shen Yue was able to test the different battle skills he learned from Yu Yan and have a real first battle. Although the battle didn’t last long, he gained more confidence in himself from his battle experience.

Currently, he could defeat any expert in Glory City but there are other demigod level powerhouses in nether realm he needed to be careful of. However, his control of power of laws are in many domains including light, dark, death, time and space which gave him a huge advantage in battle. Together with a system that can show him the flaws of any cultivator in a battle, he was practically the most powerful cultivator now in a one-on-one fight in the whole realm aside from the master of the Nether realm. With Yu Yan as his ally, he was confident in safe escape even in the unlikely event of being ambushed by many demigod level experts. After reincarnating in this world, he finally felt like he had really become truly powerful. Although he knew there were many more realms above him that he needed to master, he knew that with the help of his system, he would have a much faster and safer route to power than others.

So, when he arrived back to Glory City, he was already very relaxed. He first assured his mother of his safe arrival and sent a letter to Ninger to meet with him. He then went to check in on Yang Xin at her mansion.

“Sis Yang, I am back. Come I come in?”

“Oh, little Shen, when did you get back?” Yang Xin was wearing a green dress as she came out as fast as she could to welcome him.

“Just today, I came as soon as I arrived as promised.”

After being reassured his safety, Yang Xin asked about his experiences outside. Shen Yue recounted her some of his adventures and the factions outside Glory City. Obviously, Yang Xin was shocked to learn about human settlements outside the city walls. She was also worried as there were powerful demigod cultivators that could flatten the city.

Here, Shen Yue revealed to her his demigod level cultivation and further left her speechless. She was very happy and proud for him. The last few months, she also had been improving her cultivation rapidly with help of powerful cultivation techniques from Shen Yue and already reached the peak of Black Gold Rank.

After discussing some more about his cultivation, he finally popped the serious question he couldn’t delay.

“Sis Yang, I will be going to the disciple assessment of the netherland master at Nine-layered deathlands. Would you like to come with me?” Yang Xin was shocked.

“If you would rather stay, I would understand. You are already very powerful cultivator and have a high position in alchemy guild. I can show my cultivation to force the old fogeys in the guild to give you full power as president. You will be fully respected here in the city and have anything you need.”

Yang Xin covered his mouth with her hand and said with a dark expression.

“Are you trying to get rid of me? Do you want to leave me alone by myself?”

“Of course not. I want you to come with me. Wait,… will you truly come? Will you be able to leave everything you have built behind in Glory City to go to unknown places with me?”

In lieu of an answer, Yang Xin pulled him in for a long passionate kiss that lasted minutes. 

36