Chapter 26: Mother and Son
1.7k 8 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Yue didn't inform his mother of his participation in the assessment before he left as he only said he was out training. There were many dangers involved so he had made plans with alchemist guild to continue to support her if something happened to him. The guild master and other elders swore an oath to protect his mother and other survivors if he ever perished. Of course, he had given them enough powerful items to satisfy his small request.

When Shen Yue informed her mother of his acceptance as a disciple of a sect outside the Tiny World, she was flabbergasted. She had never heard of any human settlements outside Glory City but there was also a whole different realm apart from the continent she lived in.

Shen Yue then dropped another bombshell about Yang Xin and Ninger.  He was amused by the reaction of his mother when he told her about his two women. There were all kinds of emotions including confusion, surprise and joy on her face. His mother calmed down after some time and started speaking.

"It's not unheard of for a noble to have two wives, so it's okay. When will you marry them, son?"

"We can talk about marriage later. It's still too early. They will come to live with me for the next couple months before we leave for the draconic ruins realm. Also, I am pretty powerful now, mother. I don't think anybody in Glory City can threat us anymore. I will talk with the city lord to move us back inside the noble district."

"That's good, child. You should take care of yourself well. I know you have many things to consider now. But promise me, you won't take any big risks for us. You carry too much burden on your shoulders. I am already very happy and all the rest of the family is very grateful towards what you have already done. As long as you are safe and happy, it's good enough for me."

"Yes, mother. I promise."

Shen Yue had a long conversation with her mother like the one he had right after the war. He felt his kinship with her increase throughout the last few months. Although, he had not viewed his blood relations with any importance as he was worried for his own survival since he came here, he was quite touched by his mother and wanted to protect her. He then talked with her some more and told her to not neglect her cultivation. With his resources and a cultivation technique created for her by the system, his mother had already reached the peak of gold rank.

His own cultivation had reached the peak just below heavenly fate realm. He didn't currently have any way to advance as Ling Yun hadn't left any techniques for him yet. Even if he was able to cultivate, he wouldn't dare to advance as he knew, a heavenly thunder would crash upon anyone who reached Heavenly Fate realm. This was a rule specifically created by a supreme expert who created the Tiny World that he lived in. He wondered who this expert was as he didn't have a chance to find out the ending to the events when he crossed over. He couldn't yet imagine just what sort of power was required to create a whole new world and then create a seal that many powerful existences had tried to break but ended in failure.

'Could it be my reincarnation is related to some supreme expert as well? What about the system itself?' He didn't want to continue thinking of questions that he had no answer to right now.

Right when he was about take a rest, he sensed strong fluctuations of soul energy and sounds of battle in a distance. At his cultivation level, he was able to sense such a large flucation from a large distance. He guessed the battle should be at least in the level of legend rank experts. When he went out, he saw that the source of this commotion was in the direction of the city lord's mansion.

'Could the city lord mansion is under attack? I thought Wugui family wasn't going to attack because of my interference as Ye Han did not escape to inform them of the location of Glory City. Wait, could it be the demon lord?' Shen Yue decided to go check it out.

24