Chapter 27: Demon Lord’s Attack
1.4k 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When he rushed over to the site, he saw Ye Mo and Demon Lord in a direct clash. Ye Zhong is using the ten thousand demons array together with Nie Li to occasionally send out attacks in the demon lords' direction. Demon lord truly is on the upper hand as he truly is strong against anyone below the Heavenly Fate Realm after already reaching the threshold towards that realm. Zi Yun and the group of Nie Li's friends were there but they couldn't participate in a battle of this calibre.

Ye Mo, although already in demigod rank, couldn't withstand demon lord's pressure and had to retreat. Nie Li already brought out the Meteorite sword like in the story and wanted to slash at him but Demon lord then disappeared fast and went to grab towards Ye Zhong.

"This is what you get for not listening to me. You should have obediently handed over the demon spirit stone."

Demon lord spoke while holding onto Ye Zhong in a surprisingly calm voice. He then turned to Nie Li,

"We meet again. If you interfere, I will just kill you too. Although the sword in your hand is powerful, everyone here is your weakness."

"Let him go, I will let you leave. But if you harm him, I will pursue you to the ends of the draconic ruins realm."

Shen Yue was looking at the spectacle from a large distance. As his control over his soul was great, he was able to almost completely suppress his presence from this distance away. He thought he heard Nie Li's threat.

'Bad move, Nie Li. This demon lord guy is incredibly arrogant. He wouldn't listen to threats but may have responded to a negotiation.'

As expected, Demon Lord seems angry as he laughed. Ye Mo added to the threat to fight to the death.

"Demon lord, let my son go! Otherwise, forget about leaving Glory City alive."

"Haha, you are just a bunch of ants to me. I am about to form my fate soul. None of you can touch me. I will show you the immensity of power difference between us."

Demon lord put further pressure on Ye Zhong in his hands. Ye Zhong then cried out.

"Nie Li, kill him. Don't worry about me."

"Oh, Ye Mo, your son is pretty tough. How about this?"

It looked like Ye Zhong was in great pain.

"I will give you the stone but you have to release Ye Zhong first. If not, I will destroy it."

"You are not in a position to negotiate with me. If you destroy it, I will kill your granddaughter too. Besides, do you think I need your agreement? I can just take it from your corpse after I kill you."

'Is this guy serious? Zi Yun had already been accepted by Heavenly Note Sect so is he not afraid of offending her master. Or is he bluffing? It is true he can do a lot of damage to everyone else.'

"Take it, here. Now, please let Ye Zhong go."

"Haha, now you understand. I will return him you but first. He must die!"

Demon Lord prepared a very large attack with his hand and was about to penetrate the chest of Ye Zhong. Everyone else was in a stunned silence. They didn't expect him to not keep his promise.

"Nooo!!!"

Right when attack was about to destroy Ye Zhong, demon lord uttered a loud cry of pain and anger. There was a short spear sticking out of his neck. Shen Yue had been observing the battle from afar but gradually getting closer and closer by using the invisibility power from the shadow lamp. Although the lamp is powerful, in a normal situation, a powerful cultivator like demon lord should be able to sense his presence. However, he was currently occupied and did not suspect anything as he thought there was no one in Glory City that could threaten him.

Although, the demon lord was powerful, he still showed some flaws when he observed him with the system. He was even able to see the armor the demon lord was wearing that can take an attack at the heavenly fate realm. However, the armor had its flaws as it cannot cower the whole body. Exploiting the flaws perceived by the system, he got close enough and waited until the demon lord was about to execute Ye Zhong. He stabbed through his neck with a highest quality weapon he found from the battle ruins of the spiritual gods. It was not only a physical attack but accompanied by a very pointed and concentrated attack on his soul.

Demon lord fell on the ground letting go of Ye Zhong to face his attacker. He felt his soul power was extremely damaged and together with his attack on the body, he knew the injury he already sustained was fatal unless he can go into seclusion to recover. He tried to run away but again blocked and suffered another attack right at his weak point in his defense.

Shen Yue stepped on him and broke his legs. He then proceeded to cut off his arms. Just as he was about to start a barrage of attacks to finish him now that he was immobile, demon lord spoke.

"You…you are that guy from the test. Ahh…you do like sneak attacks. You could never beat me in a straight fight…If you let me go, I can give this demon spirit stone. This includes a powerful demon spirit of dragon bloodline"

"Do you think I need your agreement? I can just take it from your corpse after killing you."

The demon lord felt extremely agitated and aggrieved. Those were the same words he delivered to Ye Mo just a moment ago. He had never felt this humiliated in his life.

30