Chapter 28: Demon Lord’s Attack (2)
1.5k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I…I can give you many cultivation resources. I have powerful weapons and pills, treasures that I have stored in secret locations."

"Kill him, Shen Yue. He's very dangerous."

Ye Zhong was very stunned by the change of events. He had been planning to make a suicide attack to kill the demon lord but suddenly he was released from the grip that held him. When he saw it was Shen Yue, he was further shocked. When did he become so powerful? His father, Ye Mo, Nie Li, Ye Ziyun and others were all looking with great surprise and were solely focused on the battle.

Shen Yue ignored them and said to the demon lord.

"Your treasures are useless in draconic ruins realm."

Despite his conversation with demon lord, Shen Yue never stopped and further increased his attacks on the body and soul. The demon lord's body including his arms and legs apart from his upper part protected by the armor were almost completely crushed. He is attacking his head and trying to directly erode his soul. As he was very careful about a possible last minute suicide attack from the demon lord, he couldn't prepare a large attack to finish him off but the demon lord's life force was gradually draining away.

Just then an illusion of a man who looked like the expert of the hidden cloud he saw at the test suddenly came out of the body and said in a loud voice not even facing him properly.

"This is my request to every cultivator in the area who can hear me. This young man is a disciple of me, Wu Ying from Hidden Cloud sect, a subsidiary of the divine sect, Phaseless Sect. Any cultivator who is attacking this man and wishes to kill him, be prepared to face my revenge and attack from my sect. If any cultivator helps him in this situation, he will be handsomely rewarded."

'What is this? Some of seal that activates when his soul is dying, maybe. However, it doesn't seem to be aware of its surroundings so it's probably just an illusion to warn the cultivators against killing one of the disciples.'

Demon lord felt some hope. He knew he cannot hold on any longer. It took strong effort for him to speak as he was struggling to breathe properly.

"If..if you let me go, there will be no animosity between us. But..but..if you kill me, you will be in trouble from my master."

"I am just attacking you to defend myself and my friends. Didn't you just threaten a while ago kill the granddaughter of Ye Mo. She and I have the same master, so I am just protecting my junior sister. I have full confidence in my master protecting me."

Shen Yue kept talking to occupy the demon lord's mind away from any counterattack. Besides, Yu Yan was also protecting him against any surprises. Shen Yue was about to deliver a killing blow as he was sufficiently certain the demon lord no longer had the energy for a suicide attack. However, suddenly there was something bright in the body of the demon lord and he sensed something awakening rapidly. The demon lord who looked be in great fear for his life now suddenly had a cold expression and said with an ancient voice.

"This junior, I am a reincarnated being that had just awakened my memories. I am willing to reward you with cultivation techniques and treasures if you let me go. All the past enmity can be forgiven."

Shen Yue was so surprised that he even stopped his attacks. 'What is going on? Why can't I kill this guy? Is this the reincarnated man that is supposed to awaken in demon lord like in the story? Did I force him to come out prematurely?'

As he let up on attacking, the soul seemed to be recovering at a visible rate. 'What kind of crazy technique is this? I must quickly take control of the situation.'

"If what you say is true, give me all your cultivation techniques with your soul transfer. I will consider letting you go and we will leave on our separate ways."

"Take a look at this." The demon lord sent a transmission of cultivation techniques that Shen Yue took some time to compile it in the system. It seemed to be some techniques in the Heavenly Fate and Heavenly Axis realm. The techniques seemed to have many flaws.

Shen Yue resumed the attacks on the demon lord as he was already nervous at the rate his soul recovery. Although the body still seemed to be in bad shape, he didn't know what unknown tricks this ancient cultivator still had.

"You wish to trick me with these trashy techniques in Heavenly Fate and Axis realm? Do you look down on me? I want your experiences and comprehension in transcending to deity realm. Otherwise, don't think about leaving this place alive."

"You..how did you know? Who are you exactly? If you are who I think you are, you should know that it's impossible for me to transfer that knowledge to you. I would rather die."

"Oh, we'll see about that. Let's see if you can still survive after this attack."

" I…I can give you my techniques. But you need to swear a soul oath that you will let me go."

"No way. Do you think you are in a position to negotiate with me?" Shen Yue was calm but looked increasingly aggressive.

"Fine. Stop attacking. Let me prepare my transmission. "

After some time, Shen Yue received some more transmission which he quickly set about reviewing in the library. The library classified the techniques into different realms including the ancestor realm and some of them were recognized as flawed paths to deity realm. He was very satisfied with this and sent a voice transmission to Yu Yan. "Now's the time."

"No…..no!!!.  You promised me."

"I said I will consider it. Sadly, after consideration. I have decided to release you from samsara."

"Sage emperor is our common enemy. You will pay for this. I hope he destroys you all."

As his soul dispersed, the demon lord was extremely aggrieved and angry that Shen Yue didn't keep his word. He had taken a gamble and sincerely transferred his techniques thinking that the boy should be another reincarnated powerhouse who would be too proud to break his word.

28